The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2006, 07:05 PM   #1
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
I just got a sweet haul today.

I went to this comic convention at the Shrine Auditorium, I was surprised at how many TMNT back issues they had there. I managed to pick up issues 1, 3, 4, 10, 20, 21, 46, and Leonardo issue 1. All for a grand total off, 22 bucks.

All in good condition, all fine reads.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:38 AM   #2
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Ohh, jealous.

I'm not a serious collector, but I will pick up TMNT comics when I can. However, I do want to own #1 and Leonardo #1 before I die.

Sweet haul, indeed. And for such a great price! Congrats.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 05:28 AM   #3
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
ooooh! that's great!!!

I wish I could find the box mine disappeared into when I moved I miss them
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Yea, good job there...conventions can be either hit or miss in my experience...either you have lots of trouble finding tmnt issues or you luck out and find 1 or 2 dealer that have tons of issues... the latter was how I managed to come across a beautiful Turtlemania issue for $5...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
They had issue 2 there, but I already read it online and didn't much care for it.

Also, about issue 4, the one I got was a first printing, I had to get it.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:32 AM   #6
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Yea very good job...i've seen good condition #4 1st prints go for more than what you paid for your entire lot...so yea, sweet haul...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:10 PM   #7
kicknz
Thug
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 83
So the #4 you got was the oversized printing? Nice. I must have paid $40 for that when I got it about 6 years ago.
__________________
"All for one and one for all, up and at 'em Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!" - Flaming Carrot Comics 25-27, guest-starring the TMNT, 1991
kicknz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #8
Chef Boyarquoa
Random Punk
 
Chef Boyarquoa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 47
i got leonardo #1, and i as i recall it didnt cost that much
__________________
Chef Boyarquoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:14 PM   #9
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
I got mine for 5 bucks.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 PM   #10
Warrior_Dragon
Mouser
 
Warrior_Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10
We have a weird thing going on out here in my neck of the woods. There was a big rush of comic book stores opening and closing around here in the late 80s so alot of flea markets and lot sales can be found and they are crawling with black and white comics from the golden days of indie comics.

Lots of Turtle comics.

I got Fugitoid #1 for a buck at one flea market. It was ontop of a stack of old issues of Rolling Stone. I was pretty excited to say the least.
Warrior_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #11
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
I didn't have a lot of luck at Comic-Con when it came to TMNT stuff. Then again I spent most of the time at the TPB area. I tend to mainly get trades these days because I'm starting to run out of room for my single issues. Plus they are just more convenient when it comes to reading old storylines.

Something I am always on the lookout for at Comic-Con is the old Overpower CCG. The only sets that seem to have decent availability these days is the first Marvel and DC ones.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:55 PM   #12
TheShowstoppa
Stone Warrior
 
TheShowstoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
I think I may have 1 extra issue of Volume 1 #1 that's a 4th or 5th printing that I'd be willing to part with. Don't count on that being correct though. I have to go through the boxes when I'm done moving into the new apartment.

I'm approximately $60 from owning my very own first print of Volume 1 #2. It's been collecting dust for quite some time. It's maybe in a 8.0 condition, but it's still worth the $100 I'm shelling out for it (no pun intended). That would officially give me first prints of every comic of Volume 1 except for issue 1. I don't have the $1,000 or more to get one of those quite yet.
__________________

Courtesy of LUCKFF
"I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1
TheShowstoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #13
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
I went back to that convention again today.

I managed to find issues 6, 7, 14, 48, and 49.

The dude I bought them from remebered my from the previous con, and saved those issues for me. It was awesome.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 05:05 AM   #14
sai of relief
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: canberra, australia
Posts: 116
to get first prints of Vol 1 #'s 2,3 and 4, just look on ebay. i picked up all my first prints of those issues, plus the Raph issue, from the one seller for about US $60 shipped to australia (about AUD $80 or $90 at the time).

but i've seen auction lots with all those issues (including 3rd printings of #1) go for less -- around US $50 or so.

it's really only the first printing of #1 that draws in the dollars. i've seen first printings of #2 go for as little as $10, but usually more often at around US $40.

but nice haul anyway to the man that would be raph. it's great picking up big runs of ANY older tmnt comics.
__________________
i love you so, so much (blurgh)
sai of relief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #15
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by sai of relief View Post
it's great picking up big runs of ANY older tmnt comics.
Yea... i esp. like finding tmnt books at conventions and such...theres just a joy at finding these books amongst the seeming trillions of books at these events...I've gotten most of my issues through ebay, but the feeling of finding one of these babies amongst the rubble and actually holding it in hand (and then normally paying some rediculous low price- tmnt get no love in regards to pricing but I guess that works out for us ) can't be beat...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:59 PM   #16
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
I tried looking for the trades recently, those prices are pretty high. I hope they reprint those soon.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.