The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Which TMNT will get the most screen time?
Leonardo 26 54.17%
Michelangelo 5 10.42%
Donatello 3 6.25%
Raphael 21 43.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2006, 03:48 AM   #1
Moplaya43
Mouser
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Missouri
Posts: 14
Which turtle or turtles will get the most screen time?

I think Leo and Raph will get the most screentime and Mikey will have just alittle bit less and Don will have the least amount
__________________
"You give me a beer and a woman and i`ll give that waterbed a workout"----Meatwad
Moplaya43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:26 AM   #2
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
Don is the best though!
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 07:15 AM   #3
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moplaya43 View Post
I think Leo and Raph will get the most screentime and Mikey will have just alittle bit less and Don will have the least amount
I agree with that, sadly. (Though I do love Leo... Just not as much as Don.)

But it's apparently how it goes, I suppose. Since that's always how it is.

Quote:
Don is the best though!
And a hearty 'hear, hear' to that!! Huzzah!
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:08 AM   #4
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Hah... I can imagine the turtles having this competition among themselves. The only thing I'm counting is the number of minutes until I get to see turtles on the big screen.

I agree that Don will have the least screen time, though. He's very internal and subtle, and it takes a soft touch to make that play well in a movie meant for popular consumption. I don't know where exactly Don will land in this flick, but it seems he'll at least be allowed to be Donatello this time around. I'll take quality over quantity any day.
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #5
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
I think Mikey will just because he has the most during the trailer. He'll at least be talking the most
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I've heard it's a Leo/Raph heavy tale like the first one. So I'm guessing screentime will be similar to the first one.

However, isn't Donatello Peter Laird's favorite turtle? If I'm right I'm guessing that he will make sure Don's screentime won't be crap on a half shell.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:49 AM   #7
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Leonardo and Raphael of course

I don't know why every one says Donatello doesn't get treated fairly. Maybe in the live action movies he's been casted as a Mikey clone but I seriously think he is gonna have a big role in this movie, like he does in most incarnations. Mikey is the one that is just gonna be there for comic relief, which sort of gives me mixed feelings 'cause I won't my fav turtle to have as much impact as the other turtles, and not just be "comic relief"...
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #8
Aignatius
Hench Mutant
 
Aignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
Don is the best though!
Yay! Someone else is saying it too!
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water.
Aignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:46 AM   #9
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoRaph View Post
However, isn't Donatello Peter Laird's favorite turtle? If I'm right I'm guessing that he will make sure Don's screentime won't be crap on a half shell.
I hear that really often, but I have the feeling that Don is the turtle he identifies with most, not the one he loves most. I don't think he'd want any of the main characters to have 'crap' screentime.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #10
Draconic
Hench Mutant
 
Draconic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 328
I think Leo will get the most screen time, followed by Raph, then Mikey, and lastly, Don. Note: It's not what I want, it's just what I think.
__________________
[CENTER]
Draconic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:14 PM   #11
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Leo's only been dominating screentime in the new 'toon, as far as I can tell. The old series seemed to be relatively even with an emphasis on Mikey. The first movie was all Raph. Second movie... maybe a little more Don, but seemed even enough to me. Third movie I haven't seen...

This "Leo ALWAYS gets the focus" isn't quite accurate from what I've seen. He's had it in the last 'toon incarnation, but that's all...

That said, I do think he'll get the most screentime because he's training in the jungle in the beginning, right? Raph will probably be close - he has his whole vigilante thing to play out. And of course the fight between them. I have a hard time picking favorite Turtles anymore, but I would welcome a movie where Leonardo is finally in character (again, I haven't seen the 3rd movie, so unless they fixed his personality there...)

It does look like Don will have a more active role than in the last movies, though. Which makes me happy. And unless Mikey busts out some awesome ninja skills sometime during the fighting, I suspect he'll be relegated to comic relief. And that would be a shame.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 03:18 PM   #12
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
honestly does it matter?
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
You know, I've been watching the old toon DVDs and Donatello gets spotlight in almost every other episode in the old show.

In most episodes its Don giving the plans and telling the others what to do while Leo just stands there. If there's any TMNT medium where Donny had it good, it was definitely the original cartoon.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:38 PM   #14
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
I too would say leonardo and Raphel.

Course Raph got plenty of screentime in the original trilogy.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:58 PM   #15
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
I heard that the turtles have been in touch with their respective lawyers and are each vying for an equal amount of screentime, or else there'll be law-suits aflyin'...
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 05:11 PM   #16
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
I'm saying Raph. Since he has that new Nightwatcher persona.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:12 PM   #17
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
I'm sure they'll all get a pretty equal amount of screentime; there won't be that much difference in the amounts of time they each get.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:28 PM   #18
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I think it's gonna be Raph. Didn't the director say he was favoring Raph a bit, followed closely by Mikey? So I'm thinking it's gonna be these two that steal the show!

Oh, Sage Ninja, why do you say Leonardo was out of character in the first two movies? I'm just curious.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #19
BigApple3AM
Mad Scientist
 
BigApple3AM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Supermarket Aisle
Posts: 1,635
Don't care. Whatever tells a good story. Some characters work better in the spotlight, some don't want to be in the spotlight. Either way all of them will have more screen time than say Splinter.
BigApple3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:01 AM   #20
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Oh, Sage Ninja, why do you say Leonardo was out of character in the first two movies? I'm just curious.
I meant Donatello. In the first live action movie he was pretty much a wise cracking jockster. it seemd out of place. And it felt like a plug just to get fans to like him. That sort of thing is annoying because Donatello is awsome in his own right with out being doctored up so that viewers can like him. He was more in character with his technological curriosity and scienctific know how in the second live action movie.

But to be honest I didn't like Leonardo's portrayal in the live action movies. He was so passive and mild that I was disgusted. I want to see authrotive calm and collective Leonardo. Not passive agressive, can't-come-up-with-a-good-come-back-when-Raphael-is-in-your-face, Leonardo. Grrr.

Quote:
And unless Mikey busts out some awesome ninja skills sometime during the fighting, I suspect he'll be relegated to comic relief. And that would be a shame.
No shiznit! If we are going for a more Mirage like feel of the turtles in this movie, why don't we go with Mirage turtle personalities? Now i've never actually read the Mirage comics for my self, except for the synposis they give on the offical site. But from what I under stand, from what I've read and what i've heard other fans say, Mikey isn't like that in the comics. From what i understand Mikey in the comic is the most humourous of the turtles but not to the point of being a bumbling idiot or merly comic relief. And that he is just a serious a fighter and as grim as the other turtles in battle. Thats Michelangelo I want to see.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.