The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2007, 05:12 AM   #1
Utrom Shredder
Random Punk
 
Utrom Shredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: I'm somewhere cheating death, of course!
Posts: 32
Think you're a huge TMNT fan? Well, you've got nothing on this woman!

I was browsing around the Internet recently when I came across this video, and I thought I'd share it with all of you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i-IodLR1bA

I thought I was an avid fan of the Turtles with my love of the shows and movies and my small collection of action figures. But the woman in the video clearly shows all of us what it's really like to be a true TMNT fan; I guess I'm just not dedicated enough.

"They've taught me to follow my heart." Oh, if only I could make that jump from simple fandom to complete obsession...
__________________

None of you will leave here alive!
Utrom Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:27 AM   #2
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Isn't that Iveyangelo? I've seen those heads before...I think it's her. I'm a little ticked they tagged her vid as wacko... There are worse things she could be obsessed about...but I love the costume! Her brother's a trip, and I couldn't do the ninja turtle diet-- I admire her dedication...

Although I hated that "Follow Your Heart" song..."Pizza Power" is more catchy...
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:48 AM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Yep....she is a super fan....and I don't mean she roots for DA BEARS! I remember when we heard she was gonna be on VH1, we were so proud that someone so well known among the fan-base was gonna be on TV.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
That's just a tad creepy.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #5
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
I HAVE THE HEAD OF LEONARDO!!!



__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:20 PM   #6
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Give it back! I need it!
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #7
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
That's some hardcore fandom right there. Now only if I could take my Spider-Man, Batman, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Dragonball Z fandom and feed it into my TMNT fandom. Maybe then I might amount to that kind of dedication to the TMNT.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:23 PM   #8
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE
 
tOkKa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
Posts: 1,729
Wink 666

-->> The Ivey's are good friends of mine..

direct connects to Mirage.. and a very sweet and talented family.

Michelle is a hard-core TMNT geek.. i admit.. but she's not psycho..

..This stuff is very inspirational to her and she wants to share it with everyone..


..there is an opposite to the Michelangelo Costume..

Her Pop designed both that and a Bebop one..

.. i gotta be in the Piggy Punky guise during a trip Y2k :: ..






..it costs 20 bux to get your photo taken with a Playboy bunny..

but when ya' Bebop ..it's free..

..







__________________
666

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。

Last edited by tOkKa; 02-05-2007 at 04:25 PM. Reason: dd
tOkKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #9
LogicDonny
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,643
wait you know this women, wow.. I want to shake her hand and bow down.. She is indeed true hardcore fan of the francise. She will probably see the movie 10 times.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #10
Mindy
Foot Soldier
 
Mindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 184
Yep, and she's on this forum, too - as "Iveyangelo", though she'll get a kick out of this again. She has posted a few times to Kevin Munroe in his thread.

As a video editor, it's very scary what you can chop/splice/dice bits of footage to make it look exactly what you want.

So, don't always believe everything you watch on television We are told to, uhm... "compensate" and "do whatever it takes to make it look good".
__________________

TMNT OVA English fandubs ~ completed!
TMNT & other fics:
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1013080/
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:53 PM   #11
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tOkKa View Post
..it costs 20 bux to get your photo taken with a Playboy bunny..
$20!? that better include a blowjob or why would anyoen pay it

sad

and could the link to ebaumsworld be deleted and replaced with the youtube one?
they don't deserve the money from clicking it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #12
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrom Shredder View Post
I thought I was an avid fan of the Turtles with my love of the shows and movies and my small collection of action figures. But the woman in the video clearly shows all of us what it's really like to be a true TMNT fan; I guess I'm just not dedicated enough.
Never confuse the relation between dedication to fandom with the amount of material posessions and money spent on fandom. Ever.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:04 PM   #13
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Never confuse the relation between dedication to fandom with the amount of material posessions and money spent on fandom. Ever.
Here, here.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 06:38 PM   #14
Sonic777
Mad Scientist
 
Sonic777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: not telling
Posts: 2,315
I think it would be cool having the real turtles head and being like mikey.All she needs is a shredder costume for her brother and it's like old times.And if she is reading this.Greetings from
darkness777.
__________________
Sonic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 07:59 PM   #15
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Yea... some people in some hubs I go to in DC++ found that vid on YouTube the other day and wondered if it was me (Im very well known for my TMNT fandom in DC++). And I was like "Oh.. no..not me but I know her from the TMNT forums."
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #16
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
Yea I've seen it on youtube. http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07034/759180-53.stm


The comments didn't have very much nice to say about her haha
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #17
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Hey everyone,

Got told about this topic so I figured I'd jump over and say "HI" And here I thought this topic was dead, but someone has decided to post that crazy show online. It's funny really, they had a lot of fun editing but I'll love to make sure a few things are out about this. Hehehe

First, when they asked me how often I eat pizza I said one to two times a Month. That's right, Pizza is NOT daily, I would get so sick of it by day 3 it wouldn't be funny. I can't stand eatting the same thing over and over again, no matter what it is. It's why I don't like chicken, grew up with it at least three times a week, so now I can't stand the stuff. So if that would kill me off of a chicken, it would do in the full "Pizza" thing too I like Pizza because it's a treat from time to time.

That is just one of the many examples of where they lied about the show. The truth about me, can be found more through my myspace account, and just by talking to me. I'm a normal fan just like anyone else. True I do collect a lot, but that is a hobby which I enjoy doing. Though it does not stop me from living a normal life, I pay all my own bills, I have lots of friends and enjoy many other TV series esp Anime like Fullmetal Alchemist.

One of my top reasons behind collecting which has been left out from interviews, is the fact that I don't want to see the TMNT ever disappear again. TMNT helped me through out my life, before Turtles I was gang beaten 15 to 30 kids at a time. And yes, they were trying to kill me, threw me in front of cars.. thrown me into an iron poll to where I needed stitches across my forhead. TMNT taught me to stand up for myself, and helped teach me to read (which was something School was failing at). If they could help me like that, than they can help others. And they have.

How many people here on this forum have personal memories that make the TMNT so specail to you, where you get onto a board all the time to talk about it? The real gift is the memories that are given.

I collect, cause I know sales helps keep them around. So yes I buy a lot of TMNT stuff. I also collect a lot of rear items, because I love to study the behind the scenes for a long time it was my dream to wear the costumes for the movies or shows. So getting costume stuff, I could study and really feel what it was like touching this stuff... and being there. I love behind the scenes stuff even in comics, so I collect the comic art. A lot of them are master pieces.

I do agree with what people say though, it's not about the collection of stuff that makes a great fan. It's the heart. Being there for them. Through thick and thin and holding onto those great memories. I also enjoy shareing them with millions of other people, which is why I let these shows have their fun and pick on me. Most people who've seen the show and meet me, realize that a lot of the stuff said on there was not true.

Anytime Fred Willard opened his mouth, he lied. The only thing he got right was my name and the city I live in. And just about everytime they cut off of me from talking, they were splicing in lines from another question, or mixing words together. VH1 wants dirt, nothing could be a happy story. So if a story is happy, they make up a new one. Like they interviewed my folks for an hour to two on the front poruch, I got the full interview on tape as we were taping everything they did. My interview was a good 3 hours long up in my room, and that's not to count that they were here for three days.

Oh and the costume scene, we sparred for a long time before I started to fall like that, but at the time I was feeling sick and it was hot outside. Everytime we were like are we done, they were like no they want more. They knew a person outside of the costume, would out last the person in the costume. Which is what happened, and I really got hurt on that last fall.

The full skit with my brother after the fight scene was all one huge joke, he likes to joke around and it's so funny having it all together. I might start putting the REAL videos on youtube, because I love the full joke about my brother. One of which was him saying that I am a lot more dangerous without the costume, and he joked about taking me to court only if I had to wear the costume while there. He's a funny guy and was just in a full out high in front of the camera.

This is not my first time in a story of anytype and it won't be my last time. I was just interviewed for a show in Canada. Who knows, it could do a more realistic show on me, or it could become the next VH1. But as long as you have fun and can laugh at it, it's not the worst thing that can happen. Though many of members on here have been on TV or in the press for one reason or another.

I remember a member on here, Roseangelo being on a TV show for her collection. It was a nice collection, with a cool poster that I never saw before. And showing a puppet she made. She was lucky enough to get onto a real show, that was about the collection and not trying to make her look bad. I was very happy for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff the cheff View Post
The comments didn't have very much nice to say about her haha
Heh yeah, I've been reading through those. they're so funny. I still can't believe that it's been favorited over 900 times!

OOPS! I forget about the rules on here about double posting, I'm truly sorry and won't let it happen again (not use to posting on this board. Really sorry about that... if I could delete this post I would).

[Edit: No problem, posts merged.]
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #18
mikey2007
Hench Mutant
 
mikey2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
That is just one of the many examples of where they lied about the show. The truth about me, can be found more through my myspace account, and just by talking to me. I'm a normal fan just like anyone else. True I do collect a lot, but that is a hobby which I enjoy doing. Though it does not stop me from living a normal life, I pay all my own bills, I have lots of friends and enjoy many other TV series esp Anime like Fullmetal Alchemist.

One of my top reasons behind collecting which has been left out from interviews, is the fact that I don't want to see the TMNT ever disappear again. TMNT helped me through out my life, before Turtles I was gang beaten 15 to 30 kids at a time. And yes, they were trying to kill me, threw me in front of cars.. thrown me into an iron poll to where I needed stitches across my forhead. TMNT taught me to stand up for myself, and helped teach me to read (which was something School was failing at). If they could help me like that, than they can help others. And they have.

How many people here on this forum have personal memories that make the TMNT so specail to you, where you get onto a board all the time to talk about it? The real gift is the memories that are given.

I collect, cause I know sales helps keep them around. So yes I buy a lot of TMNT stuff. I also collect a lot of rear items, because I love to study the behind the scenes for a long time it was my dream to wear the costumes for the movies or shows. So getting costume stuff, I could study and really feel what it was like touching this stuff... and being there. I love behind the scenes stuff even in comics, so I collect the comic art. A lot of them are master pieces.

I do agree with what people say though, it's not about the collection of stuff that makes a great fan. It's the heart. Being there for them. Through thick and thin and holding onto those great memories. I also enjoy shareing them with millions of other people, which is why I let these shows have their fun and pick on me. Most people who've seen the show and meet me, realize that a lot of the stuff said on there was not true.
wow, u are pretty cool, i love the fact that u can do this, ur the type of fan i wish i could be, i would love to have and do everything u do, but unfortunately i can't afford that, i'm lucky enough that i can buy most of the toys, which is in fact where most of my cash goes, so i'm not able to buy other stuff i want, i think that the turtles are really important to me, and i have been there through the good and the bad, but i still love these guys just as much....and the thing i think that makes these guys so special to me is that they are such a great family, and remind me of when i was a little kid, when life is so much better and simpler. I love to hold onto these memories and like sharing and hearing everyone's which is why i joined this forum, u are my idol
__________________

"i just love hide-n-seek, don't you?" -mike
mikey2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #19
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
This is not my first time in a story of anytype and it won't be my last time. I was just interviewed for a show in Canada. Who knows, it could do a more realistic show on me, or it could become the next VH1.
Ivey, I have faith we both will be represented respectfully on Fanatical. They were a really good crew and easy to work with.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:06 PM   #20
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
Hey everyone,

Got told about this topic so I figured I'd jump over and say "HI" And here I thought this topic was dead, but someone has decided to post that crazy show online. It's funny really, they had a lot of fun editing but I'll love to make sure a few things are out about this. Hehehe

First, when they asked me how often I eat pizza I said one to two times a Month. That's right, Pizza is NOT daily, I would get so sick of it by day 3 it wouldn't be funny. I can't stand eatting the same thing over and over again, no matter what it is. It's why I don't like chicken, grew up with it at least three times a week, so now I can't stand the stuff. So if that would kill me off of a chicken, it would do in the full "Pizza" thing too I like Pizza because it's a treat from time to time.

That is just one of the many examples of where they lied about the show. The truth about me, can be found more through my myspace account, and just by talking to me. I'm a normal fan just like anyone else. True I do collect a lot, but that is a hobby which I enjoy doing. Though it does not stop me from living a normal life, I pay all my own bills, I have lots of friends and enjoy many other TV series esp Anime like Fullmetal Alchemist.

One of my top reasons behind collecting which has been left out from interviews, is the fact that I don't want to see the TMNT ever disappear again. TMNT helped me through out my life, before Turtles I was gang beaten 15 to 30 kids at a time. And yes, they were trying to kill me, threw me in front of cars.. thrown me into an iron poll to where I needed stitches across my forhead. TMNT taught me to stand up for myself, and helped teach me to read (which was something School was failing at). If they could help me like that, than they can help others. And they have.

How many people here on this forum have personal memories that make the TMNT so specail to you, where you get onto a board all the time to talk about it? The real gift is the memories that are given.

I collect, cause I know sales helps keep them around. So yes I buy a lot of TMNT stuff. I also collect a lot of rear items, because I love to study the behind the scenes for a long time it was my dream to wear the costumes for the movies or shows. So getting costume stuff, I could study and really feel what it was like touching this stuff... and being there. I love behind the scenes stuff even in comics, so I collect the comic art. A lot of them are master pieces.

I do agree with what people say though, it's not about the collection of stuff that makes a great fan. It's the heart. Being there for them. Through thick and thin and holding onto those great memories. I also enjoy shareing them with millions of other people, which is why I let these shows have their fun and pick on me. Most people who've seen the show and meet me, realize that a lot of the stuff said on there was not true.

Anytime Fred Willard opened his mouth, he lied. The only thing he got right was my name and the city I live in. And just about everytime they cut off of me from talking, they were splicing in lines from another question, or mixing words together. VH1 wants dirt, nothing could be a happy story. So if a story is happy, they make up a new one. Like they interviewed my folks for an hour to two on the front poruch, I got the full interview on tape as we were taping everything they did. My interview was a good 3 hours long up in my room, and that's not to count that they were here for three days.

Oh and the costume scene, we sparred for a long time before I started to fall like that, but at the time I was feeling sick and it was hot outside. Everytime we were like are we done, they were like no they want more. They knew a person outside of the costume, would out last the person in the costume. Which is what happened, and I really got hurt on that last fall.

The full skit with my brother after the fight scene was all one huge joke, he likes to joke around and it's so funny having it all together. I might start putting the REAL videos on youtube, because I love the full joke about my brother. One of which was him saying that I am a lot more dangerous without the costume, and he joked about taking me to court only if I had to wear the costume while there. He's a funny guy and was just in a full out high in front of the camera.

This is not my first time in a story of anytype and it won't be my last time. I was just interviewed for a show in Canada. Who knows, it could do a more realistic show on me, or it could become the next VH1. But as long as you have fun and can laugh at it, it's not the worst thing that can happen. Though many of members on here have been on TV or in the press for one reason or another.

I remember a member on here, Roseangelo being on a TV show for her collection. It was a nice collection, with a cool poster that I never saw before. And showing a puppet she made. She was lucky enough to get onto a real show, that was about the collection and not trying to make her look bad. I was very happy for her.




I've heard of VH1 doing crap like that, really sorry to see that they went and portrayed you in such a manor.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.