The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
Aignatius
Hench Mutant
 
Aignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
Movie Trailer on CNN

I just saw the trailer aired on CNN Headline News channel's Showbiz Tonite. Looks like we're starting to see some decent coverage. Yeah!
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water.
Aignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 10:49 PM   #2
Mandi-chan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 932
Was it a new trailer?
Mandi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
Aignatius
Hench Mutant
 
Aignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
No, it's the one we've seen online already. I was gratified to see it shown on a CNN channel.
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water.
Aignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
CNN is an interesting place to put a commercial for the TMNT movie. Maybe it'll bring old school fans out of the wood work!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Speaking of bringing old school fans out of the woodwork, I went to the theaters last night and there was a huge TMNT poster hanging up. I counted about 8 adults, male and female, stopping looking and pointing at it. They were saying things like: "Oh my god! I remember them!" or "They're back?" or even: "I loved that movie when I was younger!".
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec General View Post
Speaking of bringing old school fans out of the woodwork, I went to the theaters last night and there was a huge TMNT poster hanging up. I counted about 8 adults, male and female, stopping looking and pointing at it. They were saying things like: "Oh my god! I remember them!" or "They're back?" or even: "I loved that movie when I was younger!".
Haha, that's awesome. I've got to start hanging around the theatres more often...
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #7
Katie
Just...way too serious.
 
Katie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: purgatory
Posts: 3,519
I'm guessing they didn't ask for that program specifically.

When you buy advertising minutes from cable and satellite providers, The spots where your commercial shows depends on the cost you put into it and what's open.

But, then again, they could have asked for the highest rated shows...and that might very well be one of them for that channel....it is just a bizzare place considering what I would guess their target audience to be
__________________
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:18 PM   #8
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
I was at a comic convention today, and they had a big TMNT movie poster. And were giving away that, 4 mini posters, and a book of all the pre-production sketches and storyboards.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #9
Aignatius
Hench Mutant
 
Aignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
It wasn't a commercial spot, it was featured in their Showbiz Tonite, and the two spokespeople made comments about it. More or less, "Cowabunga dude, the Turtles are back!", and that the movie will be played in late March.
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water.
Aignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.