The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #1
Bircher
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 62
Why not air the Lost season?

Now that they are airing reruns of 2k3 after FF, why not air the tribunal and other lost episodes? I don't get their reasoning.
Bircher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #2
Ra
It's my desire?
 
Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In your pants.
Posts: 4,441
I don't know either, but my guess is that they are giving everyone a refresher of what happened before the Lost Season story arc, THEN they are going to go into the Lost Season. Then again, they might not air the Lost Season at all since it's supposed to be...you know, lost or some lame excuse like that.

Either way, we are going to have to just sit back and see what the future hands to us. We can't control it nor change it or look into the future, so we may as well try and be as patient as we can until they give us more news about airing the LS. Remember, it's only just been released in Australia, so it will probably be aired after the box set is released in America. Got to love that logic, no?
__________________

"So. The whole lot of you against little old me? How retarded."
Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:41 PM   #3
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bircher View Post
I don't get their reasoning.
Well, since they're now backing up the movie(along with Mirage and Playmates), it's in their best interest to not draw much attention away from the movie's sub-brand of merchandising. If they don't hurt the movie's potential in the early stages, they could conceivably ride the coat-tails of its success out of this hole they dug for themselves with >>. That's the most reasonable theory I can come up with of WTF they're thinking.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #4
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
They apparently want those younger viewers more than they do the older ones now. Someone must have reminded the 4Kids crew that this is 4Kids. Damn that squealer!
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:00 PM   #5
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
True that the audience is children. I wonder if that was Pete and Kevin's target audience though. Whether it was or not, it is what it is.

I've been a fan since the 87 series. I never read the mirage comics but I grew up a tmnt fan. I probably would not be a turtle fan if it weren't for the 87 "kiddie" turtle version. I'm now 20 (probably one of the younger true fans). I tell my age to simply make a point. I'm a fan now because I was a fan then and I wouldn't have been a fan then if it weren't for the childish appeal of the tmnt.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #6
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino View Post
True that the audience is children. I wonder if that was Pete and Kevin's target audience though. Whether it was or not, it is what it is.

I've been a fan since the 87 series. I never read the mirage comics but I grew up a tmnt fan. I probably would not be a turtle fan if it weren't for the 87 "kiddie" turtle version. I'm now 20 (probably one of the younger true fans). I tell my age to simply make a point. I'm a fan now because I was a fan then and I wouldn't have been a fan then if it weren't for the childish appeal of the tmnt.
How could it be for kids if the comics were that graphic?
No, they let Fred Wolf and co. have the rights to their show to appeal to the kids. Smart move but we're not kids anymore, everyone should have dug the new one...or at least given it a chance dammit. I wonder how much of the profits Pete and Kevin got off the old series. If they didn't get any boy they should be pissed!
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Right on, foot! 2k3 was amazing. Things just fell perfectly into place for us fans. As kids we got to see the humorous side and now as adults we get to see the darker side!

I hope there is a movie sequel!
Also I hope they continue with the new series after the guys return from 2105. There is still so much more to be done in NYC!
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:11 AM   #8
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
No, they let Fred Wolf and co. have the rights to their show to appeal to the kids. Smart move but we're not kids anymore, everyone should have dug the new one...or at least given it a chance dammit.
And what if they did'nt? Who cares? The new series, even with the s*itty Fast Forward, has lasted almost EXACTLY as long as the original series has, six to seven years maximum is a miraculous acheivment for a series that allegedly "failed" to reach an audience, and all in spite of people who prefer the superior original.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:17 AM   #9
poobone
Foot Soldier
 
poobone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 143
maybe they'll rerun the entire 4 seasons for fans who will be turned onto the show from the new movie, then they'll air the lost season. btw, when do reruns start?
poobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:11 AM   #10
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by poobone View Post
maybe they'll rerun the entire 4 seasons for fans who will be turned onto the show from the new movie, then they'll air the lost season. btw, when do reruns start?
That would take forever, aren't they airing the earlier stuff? That's why. The 4th season is when the ratings dropped because it got more adult. It appealed more to teens then little kids and that wasn't cutting it because teens don't get up that early to watch cartoons.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:22 AM   #11
poobone
Foot Soldier
 
poobone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 143
well, who knows what they're thinking? You think they don't have people in R&D saying the same thing? You think they didn't anticipate a more grown up audience when the series went darker?

Just wait and see.
poobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:24 AM   #12
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by poobone View Post
well, who knows what they're thinking? You think they don't have people in R&D saying the same thing? You think they didn't anticipate a more grown up audience when the series went darker?

Just wait and see.
If they did they would be airing it later and not at 9AM like they were most of season 4. Their morons, I see how dark FF could have been and I see what they did to it to make it more kid friendly. It's stupid but that's what happens when you don't play network ball.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:51 AM   #13
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The new series, even with the s*itty Fast Forward, has lasted almost EXACTLY as long as the original series has, six to seven years maximum is a miraculous acheivment for a series that allegedly "failed" to reach an audience, and all in spite of people who prefer the superior original.
CLARIFICATION: You must be referring to the volume of eps rather than the length of its reign on TV. While the original show was on the air for ten years, the 4Kids series has only been on for four years thus far. But, the classic series was 192 eps long, while the 4Kids show has produced and shown in one form or another 130 eps with more to come.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:54 AM   #14
Leo's_Girl06
Foot Soldier
 
Leo's_Girl06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 101
I have seen almost all the lost season. And ill tell you what you guys are in for a real treat if we do get it! I hope we do though im tired of watching them on youtube. But that is what im gonna do im really desperate and hate FF so seeing them on youtube is like Christmas morning to me lol.
__________________
Id die again im going under!- Evanescence

Lithium dont wanna lock me up inside- Evanescence

She's picking ghost flowers from her soul- Otep

Funeral for all the love we lost barried yesterday things ive never said before only 6 feet deep- Kittie


Welcome to the Black Parade- My Chemical romance

My chemical romance and Evanescence are the best bands ever!
Leo's_Girl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:55 AM   #15
Leo's_Girl06
Foot Soldier
 
Leo's_Girl06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
CLARIFICATION: You must be referring to the volume of eps rather than the length of its reign on TV. While the original show was on the air for ten years, the 4Kids series has only been on for four years thus far. But, the classic series was 192 eps long, while the 4Kids show has produced and shown in one form or another 130 eps with more to come.
I hope there is more to come of the 2k3 Serious after FF. Down with FF up with 2k3!!
__________________
Id die again im going under!- Evanescence

Lithium dont wanna lock me up inside- Evanescence

She's picking ghost flowers from her soul- Otep

Funeral for all the love we lost barried yesterday things ive never said before only 6 feet deep- Kittie


Welcome to the Black Parade- My Chemical romance

My chemical romance and Evanescence are the best bands ever!
Leo's_Girl06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.