![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
|
How would you close the series.
After seeing the whole Ninja Tribunal arc, which was excellent, I figure 4 Kids can float Mirage and Dong Woo a bone at let them do one more season.
If the writting were all up to you, how would you close out the series. Could you fit it all into 26 episodes? My ideas for a final season: The main plot of the season could be the Utroms landing on Earth. The end of the first few episodes of the season would show more and more of the Utrom's journey, then around the 15th episode, the Utroms finally make contact. Like in Vol 4. Bishop would be the focus villain, and the later half of the season would feature his attempts to destroy the Utroms for fear of the threat they may pose. The terroist group from vol 4, The Xihad, would be the other main antagonist. They try to launch an attack against the Oots, they gte beat by the Turtles, then they join with Bishop, who uses them to complete his super soldier project. It could open with "Complete Carnage and Radical". An adaption of Tales of the TMNT vol 1 #5. Then, roughly 6 episode later, they could do an adaption of "Dreams of Stone", just to clarify to the young-uns that Radical isn't dead. And to give some resolution to the story. The second episode would be a Raph/Casey episode. it could deal with them protecting a woman and her baby from the mob, and would be the episode where casey adopts Shadow. They could tie in "The Passing" with the "Masks" 2-parter, by making it a 3 parter. Part one would be a flashback episode. It would feature Gosei Hattori seeking out help from Splinter, finds him, the Turtles, April, and Casey at the lair, and Splinter explains to April and Casey who Hattori is. Then Renet would show up at the end of the episode, Having become a full timetress. Then parts 2 and 3 would take it from there. Episode 8 would adapt Tales of the TMNT vol 2 issue 8. "The Virus". Though, becuase this would be the last season, they would have to leave out the parts with the ninja chick that stole part of Raph's bandana. But it still should end with LH getting abducted. The episode after the Utroms land, should be an adaption of Tales issue 23. And end with LH reuniting with the Utroms. Glurin should be featured promintatley in the latter half of the season, and Honeycutt should return in his original body and all the upgrades he has in vol 4. At some point mid-season, there could be a 2 part episode that would feature a variation of that story from City at War where Splinter gets injured and is tormented by the Rat King. The episodes could feature a more intelligent Rat King playing mind games with Splinter. It could also intoduce Mr. Braunze as Splinter's savior. Around the end, Bishop would finally kill Baxter, having fufilled his purpose. Baxter's last word should appropriately be, "Finally". The final 4 episodes would involve Bishop's final assult. In an unprovoked assult, he unleahses his army of Super Soldiers on the Utroms right as they're about to be officially made part of the United Nations. The TMNT would gather all their allies to fight against them. The TMNT would eventually fight and defeat, not kill, Bishop. Mr. Braunze should play a major part in the TMNT's victory. In the end, Bishop grudgingly accepts the Utroms, and calls off the assult. The series should conclude with an epilouge that is set 4 years later. Like in vol 4, aliens are now visiting Earth freely, and Traximus should be one of them. The TMNT have each taken jobs with the utroms(Don in R&D, Mikey as a greeter/tour guide, an dRaph and Leo as heads of security). It should close in on them sitting in, what else, a pizza resturant, eating pizza in broad daylight, reflecting on the all the events in they're lives. Then it should cgo out with a montage showing what's going on with the rest of the characters. And should close with the TMNT, Splinter, April, Casey, and Shadow watching the sunset. *Whew*, yeah, I put alot of thought into this, maybe too much. But anyways, how would you handle a final season? Last edited by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael; 03-13-2007 at 02:07 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
|
Really well. Although I'm not sure Hattori would be a good idea. Not as a two parter. Although if we got that samuria dinosaur guy, I'm all for it. But he could be a warlord that manages to conquer Usagi's dimension, and he has to call in the TMNT for help.
Sorry, rambaling. Would Braunze have a connection to Bishop like he did to DARPA in vol 2?
__________________
![]() THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ... SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Writer • Director
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
|
I would end the series by having a villain slugfest.
Now I'm sick of Shredder but I'd have him attack Earth with the army he spoke of in Exodus*I mean the Utrom Shredder* I'd have the TMNT kill him. Then I'd have the TMNT face off against Bishop, during the episode the Rat King would find out Bishop created him and in the end would die be killed taking Bishop with him. I'd have also left Baxter dead so he wouldn't be in it at all anymore after Insane. After that I'd have the TMNT fight Hun and have Casey take him down for good. Hun could just go to jail not be killed. Karai I'd have Leo fight her one on one and finally put an end to her. Oh I almost forgot Touch And Go, I'd have them in the Hun episode for sure. Then for the last episode I'd introduce a villain who had resurrection powers and brought back all of the TMNTs dead enemies in zombie-ish forms. The TMNT would team up with all their fighting capable allies and storm the guys lair fighting off all their past foes. I'd make it a 3 parter though because a fight of that magnitude would take way to much screen time for it not to feel rushed. That's my idea. Yours sounds a little more involved and would be better but I'm a bit of an action junkie so I'd like to see it go like that. Watching Batman TAS has made me love episodes that put all the villains together and we see how they interact with one another. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
|
I've latley been intrested in Hattori's character. he's appeared very few times, but I really like him. Especially his appearence in Taless 22. Though having Usagi appear in some episode would be great.
As for Braunze. I was thinking of making him a sorta drifter. No real connection Bishop or anyone. But his psychic powers would aid in Bishop's final defeat. Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 767
|
I would have a episode devoted to Don and how he and April will found O Neil Tech. Cause face it, FF is a season, and when they get home, they will know (I assume,) what all has happened in the future. This is unless everyones hopes of it all being a dream, come true.
Honestly though, why end it. Why not make more and more seasons. I mentioned how the Simpsons has lasted so long, and many consider these latest seasons, to suck compared to old Simpsons episodes. So why can't a good show last longer? Hell, your scene with them looking at the sunset could be a great SEASON finale. Maybe in a season after that, they can focus on new - original - characters. With the TMNT movie about to come out, and the possibility of sequels, let's just say the Turtle brand is JUST NOW, taking off. Remember after the first movie, there were two more, and during that time, the toys were still going strong, as well as the old toon. With all that's coming so fast, so soon, this may be that kickstart that gets the Turtles popular again, thus more seasons. -X- |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 161
|
Havig to follow up on the Ninja Tribunal storyline, I'd probably try not to outdo it in terms of action and just use a last season as an epilogue to the series, giving all the characters some amount of closure. And of course throw in some adaptions of the comics. It some ways I'd probably have the entire last season be the like the first half of Season 4. No real big evil plot building up throughout the episodes, just the characters dealing with some random adventures and coming to terms with themselves.
Maybe have the Turtles go to Japan for a few episodes, one of them being an adaption of Tales of the TMNT (Volume 2) #19, only replacing Oroku Nagi with the ghost of Mashimi. After that and the TMNT returning to New York... could always have Hun and the Purple Dragons try and wipe out the Foot Clan, leading to a gang war. Granted, that could be a bit of a repeat of City at War, but if handled differently, it could turn out good. Especially if it ends with the Turtles and the Foot putting an end to the Purple Dragons, Casey finally defeating Hun and having the big man sent to prison. After that... maybe an adaption of the Shades of Gray storyline. Can't hurt to bring back Nobody. Perhaps have it end with Casey needing to do some soul searching and temporarilly leaving behind both April and the city of New York. During the episodes that follow some brief interludes here and there could show what Casey is going through (similar to his character arc during the City at War comics). So by the time he comes back to New York he has Shadow with him. As for the Turtles... just some basic episodic storylines, some dealing with Bishop and Stockman, a few with some of their other enemies. Gotta bring back the Rat King for at least one more storyline... especially if he actually meets up with Bishop. To give Leatherhead some closure, an adaption of Tales of the TMNT #23, Attack of the Replicants, could work. Just have it end with Mortu, Honeycutt, and the other Utroms arriving to take care of the Utrom militants. They could always take Leatherhead back with them to the Utrom homeworld. Of course that'll lead to a touching goodbye between the TMNT and Leatherhead. Probably have an episode or two involving Usagi and Gen. Heck, maybe all the Turtles end up in Usagi's world for a storyline. Just some good light hearted action and adventures... a stark contrast to what I'd have happen next. At the end, the Turtles try to return to their dimension, but something goes wrong. They all end up in the alternate future that Donatello did back in Same as it Never Was. Have it take place with them arriving in that timeline about a year or two after the events of that previous episode. Have it happen if only for the scene where Donatello tells his brothers exactly what he experienced the last time he was in that future. Eventually have the Turtles return to their own time, possibly thanks to either the Ultimate Diamyo or Lord Simultaneous. Maybe show Leo, having learned of the final fate of the alternate future Karai- who never broke free of the Ch'rell's shadow- worries about the Karai of the present, as she never truly called off her vendetta against the Turtles, despite their working together against the demon Shredder. Throw in a story where Leo tries to get Karai to truly turn a new leaf and return to who she was. Problem with that whole scenario is that Leonardo is probably doing more harm than good, since the very sight of him doesn't exactly please Karai at this point. Maybe while all that's going on and Leonardo is heavily involved in the Foot Clan, an episode adapting the Cha Ocho story from Tales could be put in. However it goes, the whole thing could end with Karai finally coming to senses fully. Maybe symbolize that by having her melt down and destroy her Shredder armor. Have her apologize to Leo, say her goodbyes... because she's come to realize that her life made sense before she was brought to the city of New York. Thus she and Chaplin take the remaining Foot Clan back to Japan. As for the remaining episodes... one more storyline featuring Savanti Romero and Renet (while that storyline is going on, Robyn could show up as the B story, telling April the unfortunate news that their father has passed away). And then an ending storyline for Agent Bishop. Don't think the Turtles need to take him down for good or anything, considering the Earth Protection Force- while operating under questionable procedures- does have its worth to the world. Who knows, maybe just end it with the Turtles stopping Bishop from using their DNA to create a new super soldier... maybe have the big final battle be against a clone turtle or something. Whatever the case may be, the Turtles stop Bishop's scheme, they return to their lair and Bishop returns to his work. During those episode Casey can return to New York, Shadow in tow, and reconcile with April. As for the last episode... I'd just want it to be an adaption of the last issue of the first volume of TMNT comics.
__________________
![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
|
This idea probably went through a good few heads...
How about Bishop creates Slash?
__________________
![]() THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ... SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
|
Something Utrom would be nice.
whatever happens...Raph gets girlfriend
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
A shell of a good hit!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
|
Quote:
I want that too. In fact, I was kind of hoping maybe he'd get one in >>. You know, make it a conflict of interest when Don or Cody finally gets that time portal working...
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 629
|
Ya know - As much as I want the story to continue, I think that TLS is a fitting ending. There's only 1 loose end I have to know - In Return of Savanti part 1, Renet is talking to April and says "You remember when I showed you... Wait, That hasn't happened yet." I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THAT WAS!!!! I know it probably had something to do with April's origin since Renet has only showed her 1 thing in her time in the TMNT Universes. Plus - Peter said that there would be some Volume 4 being brought into the TMNT cartoon and I don't know where that's happened yet (unless you consider Fast Forward - Then just shoot me.)
__________________
![]() Courtesy of LUCKFF "I don't know what bothers me more; That this actually worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet." - Mikey: Search for Splinter Pt. 1 |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|