The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
The Master Meglomaniac
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 131
Is Max Winters British?

Since Patrick Stewart is Max Winters VA and Patrick is British, does that mean Max Winters is British?
The Master Meglomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:13 PM   #2
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Master Meglomaniac View Post
Since Patrick Stewart is Max Winters VA and Patrick is British, does that mean Max Winters is British?
I believe that it is a Fasaud(sp) and just watch the movie ok
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:25 PM   #3
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Not certain is this is a spoiler or not but I will tag it just to be safe:

Spoiler:
I don't think Max Winters is really anything, I am certain he has a place of origin but from looking at how long he has lived and how he has lived a life in nearly every country. Maybe he just likes the British accent best?
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:32 PM   #4
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
Well the character has a british accent, but since it means absolutely nothing in relation to the plot or movie, who cares?
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:32 PM   #5
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Yes... Max Winters is British... just like Prof. Xavier and Capt. Picard! Seriously tho...he's
Spoiler:
an ancient South American warrior put under a spell 3000 years ago in revenge for destroying a civilization. He was made immortal as punishment. Considering 3000 years has passed, one would think his accent change over the years. Perhaps he spent lots of time in England??? The book "Legend of Yaotl" doesn't say what happened to him for 3000 years.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #6
Venom Symbiote
Random Punk
 
Venom Symbiote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 30
See, I hate that stuff about the new movie. I mean, the TMNT have always had fantastical elements, sure, granted, but it's just not appealing to me. This "Max Winters supernatural" stuff just doesn't gel with me well. It doesn't fit in with the previous movies, and it just feels...odd.

From what I've seen in the clips the actual interaction between the Turtles themselves seems awesome, but the plot is just somewhat bittersweet to me. It seems cool, but I'll probably come out of the theater a little "bleh" about the entire thing because of the plot.
Venom Symbiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:12 AM   #7
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
here's quite a spoiler for a nice little scene in the film, regarding Winters (Don't say I didn't warn you!!)

Spoiler:
At one point it goes through a kinda statue/trophy room, with a voiceover (April's? I can't remember!) talking about Winters, and it shows you quite a few statues, egyptian, roman, and some more, all with Winter's face, saying that he was quite a powerful figure in ALL civilizations after he bacame immortal...
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:14 AM   #8
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom Symbiote View Post
See, I hate that stuff about the new movie. I mean, the TMNT have always had fantastical elements, sure, granted, but it's just not appealing to me. This "Max Winters supernatural" stuff just doesn't gel with me well. It doesn't fit in with the previous movies, and it just feels...odd.
Oh, we're still doing the whole "This has to come from the first three movies" thing?
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:17 AM   #9
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie View Post
Spoiler:
At one point it goes through a kinda statue/trophy room, with a voiceover (April's? I can't remember!) talking about Winters, and it shows you quite a few statues, egyptian, roman, and some more, all with Winter's face, saying that he was quite a powerful figure in ALL civilizations after he bacame immortal...
Wait...does that mean Max Winters is really *gasps*
Spoiler:
Vandal Savage?!
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 02:39 AM   #10
Venom Symbiote
Random Punk
 
Venom Symbiote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn Guy View Post
Oh, we're still doing the whole "This has to come from the first three movies" thing?
No, I mean, I'm not complaining as such. I know the Turtles always had that sci-fi/fantasy element to them, and they have every right to include it in the movie. It's just not something I'm overly fond of, which is a little frustrating know that going into the movie (I'm sure I'll love it anyway, don't get me wrong) I already know this won't top the 1990 flick because of that particular choice.

It'll be a kickass movie, no doubt, but I just wish that - as good as it will be - there was a chance it would be my favourite TMNT film. CG/live action doesn't bother me, in fact I love the direction they've taken this with animation (so many more possibilities), just would have preferred they stick to the Karai plot.

The Max Winters/monsters thing I'm sure is handled well, though. Don't get me wrong. It's just personal taste I guess. Take Lord of the Rings for example - amazing movies, I just never really got into them. So even if this is a quality flick (no doubt on that), there'll be issues with me. Sucks, but oh well. Life goes on.
Venom Symbiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:00 AM   #11
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn Guy View Post
Oh, we're still doing the whole "This has to come from the first three movies" thing?
If that were the case, it would have to follow the tradition of the jokes and production quality getting progressively worse. In this case, comments would become even more obscure, Donatello would suffer from some form of mental retardation, and the visuals would look like a PSOne game.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:46 AM   #12
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom Symbiote View Post
No, I mean, I'm not complaining as such. I know the Turtles always had that sci-fi/fantasy element to them, and they have every right to include it in the movie. It's just not something I'm overly fond of, which is a little frustrating know that going into the movie (I'm sure I'll love it anyway, don't get me wrong) I already know this won't top the 1990 flick because of that particular choice.

It'll be a kickass movie, no doubt, but I just wish that - as good as it will be - there was a chance it would be my favourite TMNT film. CG/live action doesn't bother me, in fact I love the direction they've taken this with animation (so many more possibilities), just would have preferred they stick to the Karai plot.

The Max Winters/monsters thing I'm sure is handled well, though. Don't get me wrong. It's just personal taste I guess. Take Lord of the Rings for example - amazing movies, I just never really got into them. So even if this is a quality flick (no doubt on that), there'll be issues with me. Sucks, but oh well. Life goes on.
Oh well.

Not that four witty mutated turtles, one mutated rat communicating with his wards by means of his mental powers, one dumb mutated dog and one less witty mutated turtle (namely Rahzar and Tokka), one villain that mutated in the second flick's finale and one spectacular time travel in the third movie make this movie series anything but fantasy/sci-fi.
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.