The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2007, 01:43 AM   #1
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
A Thought Occured(SPOILERS...maybe)

At the end of the movie, when the showed the Time Scepter in the trophy room, do you believe that to be an acknowledgement of TMNT 3, or, do you think it's a homage to E&L's TMNT issue 8?

I'm just saying, this movie is closer to the comics, and the TMNT have already met the Ytroms, The Triceratons, and Stockman as evedent by the other things in the trophy room, so do you think that the TMNT have already met Renet?
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:44 AM   #2
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
That room had artifacts from all the previous movies... it was a TMNT 3 reference.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:48 AM   #3
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
That room had artifacts from all the previous movies... it was a TMNT 3 reference.
Yeah, but there was also a Triceraton blaster and mask and a broken Mouser. And those were never in the movies.

And in the novel, doesn't Raph mention already meeting the Utroms.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:19 AM   #4
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
Yeah, but there was also a Triceraton blaster and mask and a broken Mouser. And those were never in the movies.

And in the novel, doesn't Raph mention already meeting the Utroms.
the blaster could have also belong to the utroms I'm not sure I saw a mouser in there but I did see the litle pob robots from the tcri building.
And yes that is a triceraton breathing helmet.
And you are correct and it is a very good question to ask I think only peter laird or Kevin Monroe could answere it for you though.
Personally I hope it's more along the lines of renett and shoate and savanti myself.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 06:58 AM   #5
TheRedOne
Thug
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Arctic View Post
in reference to the picture with splinter viewing the mask, canister, etc...

SPOILER BELOW--(very mild)!!!

Spoiler:
in the final film, the "time machine" scepter is not there. this must have been an early capture from the film before it was removed. nevertheless, that is a cool image to own. i suggest d/ling it because it WILL NOT appear in the final film
wait a minute....
TheRedOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:07 AM   #6
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
At the end of the movie, when the showed the Time Scepter in the trophy room, do you believe that to be an acknowledgement of TMNT 3, or, do you think it's a homage to E&L's TMNT issue 8?

I'm just saying, this movie is closer to the comics, and the TMNT have already met the Ytroms, The Triceratons, and Stockman as evedent by the other things in the trophy room, so do you think that the TMNT have already met Renet?
There is a chance but I think its definatly meant to be the TMNT 3 scepter (notice they also had the samurai face mask from TMNT 3 next to Shredder's TMNT 1 helmet)

Its not 100% in continuity with everything that happened in the previous film (for example the Shredder's mask was from Turtles 1 even though it was destroyed at the end of that film, the ooze cannister from Turtles 2 says T.C.R.I and not T.G.R.I, the turtles didn't bring any armor back with them through time in Turtles 3) but events atleast similar to those films, and the original comics went down
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:40 AM   #7
nimrod
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 185
Does anybody know where there are pictures of this scene online? When I watched the movie I only remember seeing the tcri canister and schredder's helmet. I must have missed the other stuff.
nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:56 AM   #8
Brandatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brandatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CNY
Posts: 364
here it is...
__________________
Brandatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:11 AM   #9
Dragnskull
Stone Warrior
 
Dragnskull's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Humble, Texas
Posts: 766
actually ive been confused ever since i saw this picture in the leaked pictures

i specifically remember people saying that this movie wouldnt incorperate part 3, as it was suppose to happen after part 2, yet that picture showed samurai outfits and the time scepter, which confused the crap outa me :S
Dragnskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #10
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
I do believe the sceptre is there in the final, I'm sure I saw it.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:33 AM   #11
nimrod
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 185
I was thinking that the new helmets were put right under shredder's helmet. I'll have to watch it again (which I hope to do soon) and pay attention more closely in this part. I think the time sceptor was removed from the scene.
nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:39 AM   #12
Splinter's Iroonna
Hench Mutant
 
Splinter's Iroonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
The sceptre is there. Trust me. We saw the movie twice yesterday. I remember reading here that it would be gone, but it was there.

Of course, being a time sceptre, it COULD just be travelling around, screwing with the movie-going public...

Sceptre: Ah-ha! THIS will teach them to ignore movie 3!
__________________
Original banner by Imagi, comments/adaptations by Ninjatron-- check out his blog!
http://astroboyworld.blogspot.com/
Splinter's Iroonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:39 AM   #13
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimrod View Post
I was thinking that the new helmets were put right under shredder's helmet. I'll have to watch it again (which I hope to do soon) and pay attention more closely in this part. I think the time sceptor was removed from the scene.

no it was there. the samurai outfit face mask as well
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #14
Brandatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brandatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CNY
Posts: 364
i think the sword on the far left could be the one april gave leo in the third movie...HMm....i will ponder on this event....im going to see it at 4:20 today i cant wait!
__________________
Brandatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:29 AM   #15
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyblaze View Post
no it was there. the samurai outfit face mask as well
Yep. Unless they're running two different movies of the film, the scepter is there 100% for sure.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:46 AM   #16
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
the blaster could have also belong to the utroms I'm not sure I saw a mouser in there but I did see the litle pob robots from the tcri building.
And yes that is a triceraton breathing helmet.
And you are correct and it is a very good question to ask I think only peter laird or Kevin Monroe could answere it for you though.
Personally I hope it's more along the lines of renett and shoate and savanti myself.
Those wierd looking feet at the bottom, that was definatley a mouser.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:57 AM   #17
SLASH!!!
Foot Soldier
 
SLASH!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lurking in the Shadows
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandatello View Post
i think the sword on the far left could be the one april gave leo in the third movie...HMm....i will ponder on this event....im going to see it at 4:20 today i cant wait!
April gave Leo a book about swords not an actual sword. Trust me I watched all three of the original movies yesterday, now I gotta find time for TMNT.
SLASH!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #18
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandatello View Post
i think the sword on the far left could be the one april gave leo in the third movie...HMm....i will ponder on this event....im going to see it at 4:20 today i cant wait!
I concur with Slash. I can only remember one time when april gave a gift to Leo and it was definately a book, not a sword.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.