The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2007, 06:38 PM   #1
Usagi'sChick
Foot Soldier
 
Usagi'sChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ny
Posts: 137
Desperately seeking Donatello Statue?

Hello gang,
I am of course looking for the Donatello statue (Mirage is out), any ideas where else to look? Besides Ebay, since I havent seen it on ebay myself (with the exception of the group).
I am willing to pay more than market value (hint, hint)

Thanks for any thoughts, (Ie: retailers you know whom I may contact??)

__________________
"I bet he never has to look for a can opener!"
Usagi'sChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 PM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Honestly, I've never seen it anywhere BUT eBay or Mirage.

I have seen it by itself on eBay, but the price can go pretty high (and this was even when Mirage still had stock).

Good luck!!!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
Usagi'sChick
Foot Soldier
 
Usagi'sChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ny
Posts: 137
Is anyone else bummed they miss the boat on any of the turtle statues? Anyone know how many Don and Raph statues where made? They seem very hard to find, and from my research, they were only available w/ Mirage, I wonder why?...
__________________
"I bet he never has to look for a can opener!"
Usagi'sChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:50 AM   #4
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
Not so sure (it was just through Mirage).

I think I had seen them listed for ordering in Previews magazine. As well as seeing at least 1 of the Statues at one time in a Building 19.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:27 AM   #5
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I was lucky and got mine for Christmas. I'm surprised Don sold out faster then the other TMNT. They must have made less of him or something. That or there are more Don fans then I thought.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #6
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
I bought Leo and Mike on ebay, because I thought I was getting a better deal. I didn't know that Mirage included shipping in the $125.

I had to wait for Don, they didn't have him when I first ordered...it might say on the site when another Don will be available.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:36 PM   #7
Usagi'sChick
Foot Soldier
 
Usagi'sChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ny
Posts: 137
ok, I emailed Mirage, and there were a pre-set number for the Leo issued statue, the rest were produced based on pre-order numbers w/ distributors, like Diamond. Perhaps Don was issued during a slow month? (but alas, it could be possible of one in some random comic-store, however it is unlikely to see a store order extra stock of $125 retail items if they aren't sure they would sell...)

I spent several hours last night emailing large comic book stores and indy-friendly stores, and so far no luck.

I just giving anyone else a heads up, why did I have to wait so long?
__________________
"I bet he never has to look for a can opener!"
Usagi'sChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:35 PM   #8
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator
 
Jo Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Authority On All Things Don
Posts: 5,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi'sChick View Post
Is anyone else bummed they miss the boat on any of the turtle statues? Anyone know how many Don and Raph statues where made? They seem very hard to find, and from my research, they were only available w/ Mirage, I wonder why?...
Yeah, I'm bummed. I really wanted these... But I don't have the funds.
__________________
Jo Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.