The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2007, 01:53 AM   #1
the fixer
Hench Mutant
 
the fixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BELGIUM
Posts: 395
Has anyone seen a 'making of TMNT' (1990)?

I'd be really interested in seeing behind-the-scenes footage about the making of the first TMNT movie...
Seeing the creation of the suits, the actors getting dressed, the puppeteers at work...
Has anyone seen such a documentary? Does one exist?

I only have a few pictures of the animatronic masks in the Jim Henson company 'No Strings Attached' book... Can't wait to see some footage

Ta,

Cliff
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:56 AM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Movie 2 was the only one that ever had behind-the-scenes footage released.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:00 AM   #3
the fixer
Hench Mutant
 
the fixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BELGIUM
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Movie 2 was the only one that ever had behind-the-scenes footage released.
That's too bad... Thanks for the info, Roseangelo!

Does someone have a link where that TMNT2 footage can be seen?
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:40 AM   #4
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
I have it on VHS lol
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:42 AM   #5
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
me too!
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:45 AM   #6
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
I've seen one on tv before looong ago in 1992 no video with me though
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #7
the fixer
Hench Mutant
 
the fixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BELGIUM
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
I have it on VHS lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
me too!
Darn...



I don't believe you two...
Proof it by puttin' it on youtube!
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:21 AM   #8
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
if i had the equipment, id load what i could up. unfortunately, i dont. it's not too bad though. i'm sure chris can back me up. it's a good video. i would definitely like to see the same for the first movie too though.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:25 AM   #9
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Behind The Shells isn't even that great. It spends 15 minutes of little kids going cowabunga and the last 15 showing movie stuff, which is cool.
I would rather see a 30 min tape of tmnt1 behind the scenes. I'd like to see Josh and how he coped with his role.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:27 AM   #10
tinlunlau
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 279
oh man...
i remember i had it too. made my parents buy it for me and end up getting disappointed. i don't even remember where the tape went. and now i want it back. talk about bad karma.
tinlunlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #11
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Mr. Laird talked in the tape a bit. I also found that good and interesting. Buslady, what do you mean about Josh and how he coped? Josh who? Confused. Of course when you explain it, I'll probably feel like an idiot lol
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #12
the fixer
Hench Mutant
 
the fixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BELGIUM
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Buslady, what do you mean about Josh and how he coped? Josh who? Confused. Of course when you explain it, I'll probably feel like an idiot lol
I suppose she means Josh Pias, the actor who donned the Raph suit in movie one.

Hi there, by the way, buslady!
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #13
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
I have the equipment to record it to my computer but I've never done it before. Maybe one day when I buy a long enough cable to reach all the way to my VCR
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #14
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
I have it on VHS from Amazon.com I re-bought it because I lost the case to my first on and it was only like 5 bucks...It is short but I like seeing the puppeteers with there little joy sticks off on the side controlling the turtles head. I think it is worth having. There are some neat scenes of the actors half in suit practicing...
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #15
Spacefille
Foot Soldier
 
Spacefille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 121
I have the VHS of Behind the Shells but I have two problems. I can get it to DVD on the DVD recorder, however I do remember last time I watched it, my VCR ate my tape. ^^ And I still have no idea how to get DVD footage from DVD onto my harddrive. So I'm probably out, especially if the tape is ruined.

(But I have to say, I loved the one scene where the guy in the Mikey costume tapped the director on the shoulder and the director actually startled when he turned and saw a turtle behind him. XD )
Spacefille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:18 PM   #16
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Mr. Laird talked in the tape a bit. I also found that good and interesting. Buslady, what do you mean about Josh and how he coped? Josh who? Confused. Of course when you explain it, I'll probably feel like an idiot lol
I see you're new here, I'm a HUGEMONGOUS, to put it lightly, Raphael fanatic. Somthing of a "Raphaholic". Anyways, Josh Pais performed and voiced Raph in TMNT1; Raph in that one is like my favorite cause *he* is the reason I fell in lvoe with Raph. He was close to perfect. (believe me 2K7 Raph is tied up there with him, so I got 2 fave raphs)
And since he did both jobs performing Raph I would like to see how he dealt with it; the job was hard hard physical work just wearing this 80+lb outfit with noisy motors around you head and you're trying to perform your part, carry a bunch of electronics on your back ....it's a feat. All four of them are brave for taking the job!
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 04:19 PM   #17
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by the fixer View Post
I suppose she means Josh Pias, the actor who donned the Raph suit in movie one.

Hi there, by the way, buslady!

Hey Fixer!! yeah you know who im yapping about
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #18
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Yeah I remember reading somewhere that the guy who was in the Raph suit broke the nose like four times. Any idea about that?
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #19
Bmaga123
Stone Warrior
 
Bmaga123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA
Posts: 861
I have the VHS tape as well. In fact its my second copy. I lost my first copy somewhere and really wanted to watch it again so I purchased it brand new on ebay for 6 dollars. Its about 30 minutes long and shows some pretty cool stuff but I would much rather see the making and behind the scenes of the first film as well. I am hoping one day they will release it.
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #20
Zealwing
Mouser
 
Zealwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14
Unhappy

I really wish they did have one, but I never found any show or dedicated book on the making of tmnt 1 which is really sad the only thing we really have, of behind the scenes is behind the shells for part 2.

Oh almost forgot, there is a really cool, website with photos, that I have never seen before, it was posted here a awhile ago. http://www.tmntmoviesite.com/

Last edited by Zealwing; 04-05-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Zealwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.