The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
aprilsfan
Foot Soldier
 
aprilsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 156
tales of tmnt #37 about casey

Tales of the TMNT #37

Ship Date: August 15, 2007

Format: 32 B&W pages, full color cover, standard size comic
Retail Price: $3.25 US $3.95 Canada

Cover and interior art by Diego Jourdan; story by Jake Black.

“Casey In Point.” Think you know Casey Jones? Guess again! In this issue, co-plotted by Peter Laird, we learn the true, never-before-revealed origin of everyone’s favorite hockey-stick-wielding vigilante! Or do we? Not to be missed! Bonus pin-up by Christian Colbert!
aprilsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:07 PM   #2
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Casey Jones & Diego Jourdan Sign me up!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:23 PM   #3
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilsfan View Post
“Casey In Point.” Think you know Casey Jones? Guess again! In this issue, co-plotted by Peter Laird, we learn the true, never-before-revealed origin of everyone’s favorite hockey-stick-wielding vigilante! Or do we? Not to be missed! Bonus pin-up by Christian Colbert!
If Casey was drawn by a pencil, too, I officially quit.

But since the issue was written by Jake and only influenced by Peter, I shall have faith.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #4
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Casey's origin? So we find out what pro Hockey team he was on and how he was injured so badly it ended his career?

Nice that they're going to do his origin in detail considering all the times he's actually stated stuff about his past.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #5
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
we learn the true, never-before-revealed origin of everyone’s favorite hockey-stick-wielding vigilante! Or do we?
Sounds like it could be a fake out...like whatever story they tell will turn out not be true or something or I could be reading too much into it.

Seeing as Laird has borrowed at least one concept from the new toon for the comics (Battle Nexus) I wouldn't be suprised if the story involved the Purple Dragons.

Quote:
So we find out what pro Hockey team he was on and how he was injured so badly it ended his career?
Did Casey ever say that in the comics? I can't remember him ever saying that but I could be wrong. I do remember him saying that he used to be a bouncer at a place called "Torchy's" so it could also involve that.

Last edited by Galactus; 04-06-2007 at 10:17 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:27 PM   #6
diegojourdan
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
diegojourdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SCL
Posts: 53
Thumbs up

Quote:
I wouldn't be suprised if the story involved the Purple Dragons.
Please tell me you´re kidding

Quote:
So we find out what pro Hockey team he was on and how he was injured so badly it ended his career?Nice that they're going to do his origin in detail considering all the times he's actually stated stuff about his past.
You´re not far from the truth, and without spoiling the fun let me say i hope issue #37 will answer some of your questions
diegojourdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:22 PM   #7
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
I probably wont be surprised if Hun makes a special cameo.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:56 AM   #8
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
I probably wont be surprised if Hun makes a special cameo.
Yeah he will be the goalie in the Hockey battle nexus.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:01 AM   #9
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Yeah he will be the goalie in the Hockey battle nexus.
With Acient One playing center. And Silver Sentry comentating.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:05 AM   #10
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
With Acient One playing center. And Silver Sentry comentating.
you'd think Acient one would be doing comments they could bring in good old jr from wwe as a special guest then we'd be all set!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:12 AM   #11
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
you'd think Acient one would be doing comments they could bring in good old jr from wwe as a special guest then we'd be all set!
Then they'r ehave a farting contest afterwards
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:43 AM   #12
JAkeBlack
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegojourdan View Post
You´re not far from the truth, and without spoiling the fun let me say i hope issue #37 will answer some of your questions
I hope so, too. I'm pretty proud of this one...I hope you guys dig it.

Diego, can you please email me? I need to ask you a question....

BTW, thanks for all the positive feedback on the April prequel, everyone!
__________________
myspace.com/jakeblack
JAkeBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:54 AM   #13
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAkeBlack View Post
I hope so, too. I'm pretty proud of this one...I hope you guys dig it.

Diego, can you please email me? I need to ask you a question....

BTW, thanks for all the positive feedback on the April prequel, everyone!
welcome it was awsome!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:30 AM   #14
diegojourdan
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
diegojourdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SCL
Posts: 53
Just did Jake!
Looking fwd. to hearing form you
D.
diegojourdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #15
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
you'd think Acient one would be doing comments
Which is why him playing Center is funny. Maybe Splinter can play LeftWing.

Thanks Deigo and Jake for bringing us this story. Sounds very interesting and looking foward to it.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #16
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Please tell me you´re kidding
Not at all, I was being deadly serious. All you have to do is read the current volume of the main book to see that Peter is turning the turtles history into something more mosaic were everything's connected. Having Casey at one point fight members of the very same gang that the turtles faced in the very first issue of the comic sounds exactly like something he'd do.

Then again, like Roseangelo said writing duties were shared with with Peter Laird it shouldn't be quite as in influenced by his current writing style.

Forgot to say the first time round that I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited by Galactus; 04-07-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:10 PM   #17
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Having Casey at one point fight members of the very same gang that the turtles faced in the very first issue of the comic sounds exactly like something he'd do.
Considering Leo's having an adventure in the Battle Nexus with the new Shredder in Volume 4 I wouldn't be surprised if Ancient One shows up at one point.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:33 PM   #18
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Considering Leo's having an adventure in the Battle Nexus with the new Shredder in Volume 4 I wouldn't be surprised if Ancient One shows up at one point.
Spoiler:
Then wait till you read the Leo prequel comic
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #19
JAkeBlack
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Then again, like Roseangelo said writing duties were shared with with Peter Laird it shouldn't be quite as in influenced by his current writing style
This is primarily my story, with some input from Pete, but I pitched it and wrote it...It's just such a significant character moment for Casey that Peter watched to make sure everything fit into his vision for Casey...

And as for the aforementioned mosiac idea...it's perhaps not unheard of!
__________________
myspace.com/jakeblack
JAkeBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:22 AM   #20
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelprime View Post
Which is why him playing Center is funny. Maybe Splinter can play LeftWing.

Thanks Deigo and Jake for bringing us this story. Sounds very interesting and looking foward to it.
I was saying Ancient One (who I hate) should be doing commentary because he's an annoying loud mouth
Like most wrestling announcers. who calls Leonardo kumquat every other time he speaks to him. yoy that annoys me!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tales of the tmnt


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.