![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
|
Random TMNT Magazine Pictures - SO Not Canon
I found this magazine randomly on eBay a few years ago and couldn't NOT buy it. These are the most random picutures I've ever seen. The magazine is in Spanish, so I can't read it, but I'm 99.9% sure that whatever this article is about, it has NOTHING to do with TMNT.
![]() bigger ![]() bigger ![]() bigger ![]() bigger I've always had a cartoon bubble of some Mexican guys finding the costumes from the Turtle Tunes/We Wish You a Turtles Christmas videos in a dumpster, deciding to do SOMETHING with them, then coming up with this.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,061
|
Those are the scariest photos I have ever seen!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Oregonian in heart & soul
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
|
very scary photos indeed. Do not know what else to say but spooky.
__________________
![]() Formally known as Scientific freak |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
|
Interesting photos.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs). "Fright Night" - Three Stooges |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 739
|
unsettling..
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 323
|
Wow, the Turtles have some serious pimp game goin' on in that mag.
Is that all the same actress? Looks vaguely like April. And for some weird reason ... I'm not hating the sandals.
__________________
TMNT: Mutant Town
A Ninja Turtles Discord RPG and community. Currently ongoing: A Friday-night RPG on voice chat! Editor-in-Chief of Marvel Crossroads fanfiction group |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 366
|
LOL that is scary!! Plus the turtles look like frogs. These are similar to the movie 3 costumes.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
A shell of a good hit!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
|
Shark, I was thinking the EXACT same thing!
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic Canada
Posts: 475
|
Wow... so scary...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Han Shot First
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
|
they look more like the coming out of their shells turtles
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
moddy mod mod
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
|
I kinda like the sandals. They match the whole RunwayModel!TMNT vibe of this entirely bizarre shoot. This is what the TMNT would look like if Calvin Klein controlled the marketing.
Who reads spanish? Am I wrong, or does the cover say "Shelled Passions" on it?! (Someone tell me I'm wrong.) I'm not even trying the article title.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ] Last edited by iris; 04-27-2007 at 08:49 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
|
I read spanish.
The cover would translate to "Turtle step by step", the first page says something similar to what TMNT Gal wrote. And you were right Roseangelo the rest doesn't really have anything to do with TMNT. The second page state "Turtles have become just like fashion, and like fashion Red blah blah blah also this blue dress to the right blah blah" the other was too small to read but also pertained to fashion. I also think the magazine might be from spain since they mention the TMNT phenomena crossed the Atlantic. However the spanish which is written in didn't seem to have any (spain) Spanish spelling/wording but i'm sure its from there. |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Nothing without passion
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
|
Yeah definitely the coming out of their shells tour turtles...I have never seen anything like that...I am kinda stunned
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
Only three words could describe this:
What. The. Hell?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
|
moddy mod mod
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
|
Quote:
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ] |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where you least expect it
Posts: 344
|
Quote:
The sandals are an interesting fashion choice though.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
|
It would have been far more interesting if they had used better costumes (the costumes themselves were downright creepy, what with the maniacal, crack tweaker facial expressions...) and if they weren't feeling up the model. Leo's rep will be considerably smudged after this... Raph OTOH, (pun not intended) is behaving rather, erm, predictably around the ladies. BTW, I'm wondering, is this possibly a licensing violation? And it kind of looks like the 80's. When was this magazine published?
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water. Last edited by Aignatius; 04-27-2007 at 02:00 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#19 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California
Posts: 318
|
Quote:
__________________
I never realized how thirsty I was until I met a glass of water. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
|
Ok, to answer a few questions that came up...
While I won't doubt what someone says about Spanish Spanish and Mexican Spanish, I'm pretty sure that I bought the magazine from someone in Mexico. I'm not sure what year it's from... as you can tell from the pictures, I've only kept the pages of the magazine relevant to the TMNT. I'm in the process of doing this with all of my magazines for space issues and while I do try to make a point to keep something with the date on it, a few slip through like this. My bad. I think it's from the late, 90s, though. I honestly don't think these are the Coming Out of Their Shells costumes. Those costumes were actually WAY better than these. If anything, I think they're the costumes from the Turtle Tunes and We Wish You a Turtles Christmas videos. Is it a licensing violation? Probably. But I don't think Mexico is too concerned about copyright laws. The Turtle fondling the girl in blue is definitely Leo. In the second picture, which has all four Turtles with the girl in red, you can see Don behind the girl with a very purple bandana on. However, Leo's belt in that picture is different from the belt he's wearing when he's having his "close-up" with the girl in blue. Although Don on the last page has a bandana much closer in color to Leo in the other pictures... so now I'm not so sure. Oh, and for those of you that do read Spanish, what's the name of darn magazine? Blanco Negro?
__________________
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| magazine articles |
|
|