The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
I definitely recognised some of our Dromers on there!
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Awesome.

That's some collection.
And I love Buslady's magnetic TMNT stuff for her bus... neat idea!

I'd never heard of this show before, so I went and found their site:
http://www.canada.com/tvtropolis/tv/fanatical/
(Just FYI. Not much to look at, really.)
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:59 AM   #4
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
This is a pretty awesome show so far, maybe 7 minutes in. Seems quite a bit more respectful than the VH1 one.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:03 PM   #5
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
nice I'm a huge collector also but yeah I gotta say I'm a bit scared now...
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Buslady and Ivey, glad to see you on TV...er...the Internet. This is much better than the VH1 series.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:46 PM   #7
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
I agree a bit with Putre, but I also agree with Jester. VH1 made them look, for lack of better words, pathetic. This one put them in a more positive light I think.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
I agree a bit with Putre, but I also agree with Jester. VH1 made them look, for lack of better words, pathetic. This one put them in a more positive light I think.
I have a bit in common with these people but I'm sure allot of us did I got picked on allot in school for being skinny and nerdy but I also got picked on for being an artist and loving the turtles so much.
Btw BusLady Your a great artist!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #9
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Yea! Fanatical puts TMNT fans in a good light...unlike VH1!

But yea...I too was bullied thruought school....starting in the 3rd grade with a kid named Casey Jones oddly enough.

I was mostly picked on cuz I was a loner. I kept to myself most of the time...sure I had some friends but still I was picked on.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,375
I wouldn't say it put Ivey and Buslady in a good light, but I wouldn't say they put them in a bad light either.

It's a good piece. They give us a glimpse at these fans, and let us as viewers decide what to make of it/them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:16 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
This is much better than the VH1 series.
Not as funny as the VH1 piece, but that was kind of a shameless smear job. Ivey got Punk'd.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #12
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
I didn't think the VH1 workup was funny at all. I really, really dislike the way TV producers abuse the power of editing.

This was good. I would say it did show Ivey and Buslady in a positive light, not because they spun it that way, but because it was well-balanced and the truth happens to be positive in this case.

Buslady... was that your son? That kid was downright adorable.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:09 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,375
Yeah, Buslady, that kid seems damned articulate for his age.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:52 PM   #14
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
I think this showed real people. It wasn't overly flattering but it didn't make them look like complete nuts for liking TMNT, like VH1 did to Michelle.

Ivey, you should sue for slander...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:22 PM   #15
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Yes that's my kid Chris and he normally talks like that. He's incredibly intelligent. He loves using big words and he knows how to use them. I watched my copy of the ep, he cracks me up cos he's got his favorite scarf and sweater on in the house! He wears that sweater in 95 degree weather!! LOL!! He's a nut.
Im kinda bummed they didn't show my babies. At that time I had 3 baby turtles, a week later one hatched. There's 5 now.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:28 PM   #16
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Does your kid love the TMNT, Buslady?
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:09 AM   #17
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
Some of you are bigger fans than I am...I only have a few TMNT items.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:14 AM   #18
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientific freak View Post
Some of you are bigger fans than I am...I only have a few TMNT items.
The amount of stuff you have (or don't have) has nothing to do with how big of a fan you are.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:14 AM   #19
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,360
The part about the museum idea interested me, it proves the "manaical obsessions" at least have a more profitable purpose without neccersarily selling them, and leads to a good educational source for future historians.

Did'nt like, as usual, the way the franchise was portrayed at all . For a guy who thinks the original cartoon is better than most TMNT interpretations, I STILL hate it's used the way it is to convey what the Turtles always are. And of course, no real emphisis on it. This is as generic as it gets, the show does'nt CARE about the franchise, they just focus on what the fans do with what they like and thier lives, they don't concentrate on anything else.

I mean really, there not talking about the comic, or about the cartoons, or about anything, there just putting everything on display. If they DID talk about the franchise, then they got edited. Big time edited. This is dime-a-dosen television, good exposure, but just candy, no food.

The Biography Channel is the only f'ing thing that would ever allow the TMNT to be represented in a respectful and more candid way, especially the fans, I'd push for fans to help a documentary be made for THAT than wasting time with shows like this that would prefer to continue to present the STIGMA of fanatics.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 12:16 AM   #20
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The amount of stuff you have (or don't have) has nothing to do with how big of a fan you are.
I dropped out of TMNT fandom in 1995 until 2002. But I am not sure what brought me back.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.