The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 01:54 AM   #1
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
My Wizard interview.

Hi guys, not sure if anyone's seen it yet, it went up a couple of days ago, but I recently did an interveiw with Wizarduniverse.net about #36 and the Turtles in general. Check it out over at:

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.../004543722.cfm
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:58 AM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Ohoh! I get to do my li'l Anakin impression!

Wizard!!!

*uncomfortable silence*

ok, ok... off to read...
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:15 AM   #3
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
man your art is so beautiful I do have to say though it's really a shame it's not in colour it would make the art even more beautiful!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:43 AM   #4
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
JONES: I actually really hate them. So bad. Like, words will never be able to correctly encapsulate my raw hatred for them...





Get off the forum
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:01 AM   #5
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
It's actually Paul Harmon doing the art, he also did Sea of Red and Mora, which you should all check out if you dig his art (Sea of Red is adults only though folks!). Honestly, I wrote it for black and white, so I can't really imagine it in anything else! While colour would be cool, it'd mean writing a very different way in my mind, and I'm sure Paul would take a different approach to his art if it were in colour too. That said, both of us thought it would be cool to do a colour book at some point, though I don't think we can simply for budgetary reasons. Still, most of my favourite books are black and white, so I'm not fussed really, I'm just stoked I got to write the TMNT and work with Paul!
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:11 AM   #6
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Yay, good interview.

I have to say I really like the art as it is in B&W. While I do wish some stuff would be in color (pretty much all the movie-related stuff), I think this works great in B&W.

I don't suppose it's going to be printed on glossy paper, though? I have to admit that's how I keep picturing it and I'm afraid some of the effect would be lost if it's printed on the normal white-stock that Mirage usually uses.

There's been a lot of hype for this issue and TMNT comic sales have gone up due to the movie; I would hope the extra cost could be justified. *crosses fingers*
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:14 AM   #7
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Actually the Titan reprints look pretty nice in colour, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the others look when they're printed in colour too. I wouldn't worry too much about the paper stock either. I've been a big nerd and compiled a big scrapbook of everything that's gone into #36 and even the print outs I've done look really nice, and I think once they hit the proper stock at Mirage it'll all be sweet!
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:19 AM   #8
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Yay, nerds!!

I agree that the Titan reprints look great in color. I hope they collect those into a TPB when all is done.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:23 AM   #9
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
It's actually Paul Harmon doing the art, he also did Sea of Red and Mora, which you should all check out if you dig his art (Sea of Red is adults only though folks!). Honestly, I wrote it for black and white, so I can't really imagine it in anything else! While colour would be cool, it'd mean writing a very different way in my mind, and I'm sure Paul would take a different approach to his art if it were in colour too. That said, both of us thought it would be cool to do a colour book at some point, though I don't think we can simply for budgetary reasons. Still, most of my favourite books are black and white, so I'm not fussed really, I'm just stoked I got to write the TMNT and work with Paul!
haha dur dur dur on me my bad sorry!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:35 AM   #10
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
I agree that the Titan reprints look great in color. I hope they collect those into a TPB when all is done.
I hope so too - I have all the Titan Real Ghostbusters books, and I know Titan books has done a lot of reprinted TPB's so who knows.

Quote:
haha dur dur dur on me my bad sorry!
It's cool - no harm done!
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:48 AM   #11
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
I hope so too - I have all the Titan Real Ghostbusters books, and I know Titan books has done a lot of reprinted TPB's so who knows.



It's cool - no harm done!
you know its funny at first when I saw this thread I thought it said Mr. Wizard interview hahah
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:21 AM   #12
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Wow... I love the premise of "To Serve and Protect." And great job with the descriptions in the interview... I feel like I've really got a feel for the atmosphere of this book. Makes me want to run out and buy a copy right now!


(I also thought the title said "Mr. Wizard." Double-take!)
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.