The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
Adamag
Random Punk
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29
New Turtles animated Direct to DVD ?

I would like to see a direct to dvd animated feature based on the black and white comics with the turtles shorter and more edgier and very serious tone
Adamag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Join the club. But probably not going to happen in our life time.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #3
Courk
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Shorter? How tall are they supposed to be? Based on calculations from one screencap I could find, the turtles are just shy of 4' 10" in the new toon.
Courk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 05:54 PM   #4
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
In the original comics, they were not much taller than 4'10" or 5'.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #5
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
gobo is so furious with Adamag for getting his hopes up.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Gobo smash? Spawny no like when gobo smash.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:49 PM   #7
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
OOO yeah sounds good. There are so many things that I would like to see the turtles do and so many things I want them to be. What we have been given is pretty darn good though.
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 06:57 PM   #8
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Gotta say that while I loved the fairly true to soruce material way Leo decapitated New Toon Shredder, one of the coolest things I have ever seen is him geting back up again after all the action. Before the whole rouge utrom thing turned up.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:03 AM   #9
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn Guy View Post
Gotta say that while I loved the fairly true to soruce material way Leo decapitated New Toon Shredder, one of the coolest things I have ever seen is him geting back up again after all the action. Before the whole rouge utrom thing turned up.
Tell me about it! What a shock that was. I was pulling this face:
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:48 PM   #10
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I would love to see some true-to-the-source animated TMNT. heck, even animate it in B&W!

I wonder if any good Flash cartoonists are reading this...
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #11
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWUyBDLfr7c&NR
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #12
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Well, glad someone with some talent thought of this also.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:13 AM   #13
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
I was kinda hoping after the current TMNT is over with, that they could make an adult cartoon (I.E. the Maxx or Spawn) that was based solely off the comics. Of course, I wish Ben Edlund would do the same for the Tick, but that's just me.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #14
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
yes that is the hope and dream. I would love to see that happen, it's something I have wanted to see for a long time and I thought they were getting there with 2K3 and the next logical step could have been direct to DVD eppy, man was I wrong
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:46 AM   #15
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,365
TMNT will never be a franchise for older audiences. Besides, I find it much more rereshing to find even Pete would rather create new mythologies and apporaches to the series than just directly adapt the comics.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:54 PM   #16
CudleyCowlick
Stone Warrior
 
CudleyCowlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vermont, USA
Posts: 721
One of the things I enjoy the most about TMNT is that it's constantly morphing and evolving. I love the different approaches, and I love that Peter and Kevin have always given other creators free reign.

I do wish more of them would work with it's edgier aspects but not necessarily adapt the comics directly. Volume 1 is awesome and can stand on its own without being retold. But gritty, black and white cartoons, even shorts? HELLS YEAH.

Maybe just a series of vignettes, pasted together to form a short film. There are a million scenes you could use, from the comics, or just fresh, new ones that no one has thought to show yet.
__________________
THE DARKNESS AGE IS RETURN!
CudleyCowlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:17 PM   #17
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
TMNT will never be a franchise for older audiences. Besides, I find it much more rereshing to find even Pete would rather create new mythologies and apporaches to the series than just directly adapt the comics.
True. Better to be the kind of fan who can take that all in as well. That kind of thing has been great for the TMNT's rouges gallery.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:28 PM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,377
You know, I actually wouldn't mind taking a crack at a Flash webisode-type of deal. I'm no CGI whiz, but I could do like an animated comic book type deal narrarated with real voices, SFX, and music and the like.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.