![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Fear of Heights
If I was Raphael, I’d have a serious fear of heights. I’d have a friggin’ complex. Look at what the poor dude’s been through.
Volume 1: In Issue #4, the four Turtles are fighting the Foot Clan on the rooftops. Raph plunges over the edge, thanks to a Foot soldier. Raph manages to grab a clothesline—but it breaks at one end! So, Raph swings through a living room window and smashes into an apartment, interrupting a happy couple’s foreplay and ending up with a bra draped over his head (definitely not manly attire!) and waking up the kids before he makes a hasty (and embarrassed) retreat. Volume 2: Mike, Leo, Raph, and Casey are fighting the cyborg Baxter Stockman on a skyscraper rooftop. The Baxterbot defeats the good guys, and picks up Raph. Enter Don and Nobody. Baxter holds Raph over the edge, and threatens to drop the turtle unless Nobody surrenders. Nobody surrenders—but Baxter drops Raph anyway. (Raph is abducted by DARPA, who presumably either healed his injuries from the fall or rescued him before he hit the ground.) Volume 3: In Issues #7 and 8, Raph is trying to rescue Shadow, who’s been kidnapped by Big Tony Puzorelli. To get his niece back, the turtle must assassinate Big Tony for the Foot Clan—only Raph can’t bring himself to murder the mob boss, and he turns to leave. Only thing is, he’s seen, and he’s forced to make another hasty retreat. He tries to climb the outside roof, but a Foot ninja slices the turtle’s rope. (Raph again smashes through a window, and limps home to Mikey.) See what I mean? Plus, Don fell out of both a helicopter and his Triceraton aircar in Volume 3, and Mikey fell out of a flying ambulance in Volume 4. Has Raph fallen off a roof in Volume 4 yet? I just know it’s gonna happen sooner or later. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
|
In "Tales of Leo" in the NT, it is shown that Leo was irrationally afraid of heights as a child. Nothing seems to have caused this phobia.
Raph's case regarding this would have more of a cause and thus could be more rational. It could even lead to flashbacks. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 54
|
u know whats funny. my mom is afraid of heights and she told me its because she doesn't feel like shes in control in high places. so i can definitely see why someone like Leo would be afraid of heights.
its funny my mom can't get on a 2 foot step ladder without screaming, but she could fly an airplane when she was fifteen.
__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. ![]() Ninja Vanish |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Band of the Hawk
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him! Cassandra's Revenge ~Tangled the Series ________________________________ http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/ _______________________________ http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
|
I do not like it when I am not in control. I HAVE to be driving when I ride a car- ok, so this may have mostly to do with my propensity to motion sickness than anything else. I prefer driving somewhere rather than taking a flight if it is within a day's driving distance- again, control issues. On airplanes I HAVE to have an aisle seat- ok, so I do go to the bathroom often. I do not like it when I am not in control of my life.
And out of all 4 Turtles, I think Raphael would be the one who enjoys interrupting- or at least voyeuring- the very most. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 95
|
Quote:
Think he kind of liked it! Leo got shaken up by a fall he had when they rescued Raph from DARPA. They were climbing up through a hole in the ground and as he reached the top to scope out the area, gunfire (or something) chewed up the ledge he was holding onto. Raph, who was waiting on a ledge lower down, reached out and grabbed Leo by the shell. If only turtles had wings. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 54
|
lol. can u guys imagine the couples reaction?
Woman: What the heck was that?! Man: Looked like a giant turtle dressed as a ninja crashing through our window. You ready to go babe?
__________________
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity. ![]() Ninja Vanish |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
|
![]() ![]() It's from Vol. 1 No. 4. They're fighting the Foot on the rooftops. Splinter is missing, they're living at April's and taking an outdoor exercise break. Last edited by odupianist; 06-15-2007 at 06:47 AM. Reason: . |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
You can read it at the official site, FYI.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|