The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2003, 09:29 AM   #1
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
New TMNT episode captures

Is anyone interested in captures of the new TMNT toon?

I am already going to capture them for myself and encode them with Divx5.
I was thinking of making 60Mb files that could easily be downloaded, say through IRC or Direct Connect. I don't like using Kazaa for file sharing.

If interested, please post so I can get a feel of how many people would like to get a capture so I know if I should do this or not.

I have heard about a TMNT Direct Connect hub. If you have info on it, please share.

Thanks
DR
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:27 AM   #2
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
I don't remember the direct connect hub adress, But a guy named holm runs it. I think he is a registered member here.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 11:02 AM   #3
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
IRC would ofcourse be great, but please make them a bit bigger. The Anersyeum encodes where also around 60 MB

And I want the new TMNT in a much better quality (say like the He-man eps)

SO maybe a fairly 90Mb at least
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 11:17 AM   #4
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Is there any other way of downloading the files? My university blocks all the various file share programs such as kazaa and IRC. There is a file share program that is operated inside the Uni's network which I would share the episodes if I could get them (I've currently got the intro on it) but that's useless for getting the episodes unless someone within Uni already has them.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 11:41 AM   #5
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well If you can't use those programs you should out a ftp up and ask someone who has the eps to upload.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 01:25 PM   #6
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph
IRC would ofcourse be great, but please make them a bit bigger. The Anersyeum encodes where also around 60 MB

And I want the new TMNT in a much better quality (say like the He-man eps)

SO maybe a fairly 90Mb at least
OK Raph. I could do that. Everyone agree that 90Mb would be better?
If you want ones like He-Man, those are about 120Mb. LMK
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 02:54 PM   #7
Dark Turtle
Mouser
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 5
yeah screenshots would be great! I hope someone can encode it to avi so that way i can download them from mIRC!
Dark Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:25 PM   #8
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Well If you can't use those programs you should out a ftp up and ask someone who has the eps to upload.
For those who, like me, aren't that good with computers could you be a little more specific please. I've heard of FTP, even tried to set one up myself about a week ago to share the new eps on, but since I had no real idea of how it works I gave up.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 03:28 PM   #9
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Well basicly you run a sogtware on your computer, with wich you sgar a folder on your HD. Then people just connects to your ip. On the program you can set username password etc.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 06:26 PM   #10
Michaelangelo 3:16
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 41
Can someone download the episodes and upload them to kazaa? I can't use direct connect, and don't understand IRC
Michaelangelo 3:16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 07:32 PM   #11
Stone Ill
Mad Scientist
 
Stone Ill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Posts: 2,397
I'll see if I can.
Stone Ill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 08:50 PM   #12
TMNT is cooler than MOTU
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 858
Yah, I'd love to have high quality episodes of the new show on my comp. The He-Man episodes of the new series are a good example of high quality.
TMNT is cooler than MOTU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:56 PM   #13
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
dude there's no need, there are like 40 people including myself capturing it.
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 08:17 AM   #14
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
40 people? lotz of capturers
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 11:02 AM   #15
PWDESAI
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,873
well more like 10 but still.
Hope your encoding goes well, you're going to be doing live capturing right?
Vhs isn't as good as live
PWDESAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 03:58 PM   #16
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
90 megs is a bit much to me. I want to be able to burn a good number of them on CD...besides, just as long as they're not like those God-awful .rm rips where you can't see or hear a thing, then I can live with that.
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 04:03 PM   #17
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
You can always recompress episodes yourself if you want smaler size.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 04:36 PM   #18
Reznorite420
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpo_007
You can always recompress episodes yourself if you want smaler size.
Need the know-how for that too..which I don't
Reznorite420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 04:39 PM   #19
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Nottoo hard, there are many guides online.
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 06:37 PM   #20
DarthRaphael
Moderator
 
DarthRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC USA
Posts: 913
OK, here is a screen grab:




I still need help deciding on file sizes. It is going to be 60Mb or 120Mb.
__________________

I edit your posts
DarthRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.