The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 11:54 AM   #1
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
TMNT Comics by Titan UK #4

Alright, a heads up for you UK Turtle fans -- I'm told that the new issue of Titan's Turtle comics/mag should be hitting the stands this week. If anyone sees it, be sure to pick it up! I have a story in there about Mikey getting himself into some trouble with Jammerheads phantom technology.

Peace!

T.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:29 PM   #2
JAkeBlack
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 69
Plus the Mikey movie prequel I wrote kicks off, in color!
__________________
myspace.com/jakeblack
JAkeBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:12 PM   #3
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
We are lucky in the UK

My comic man will put it aside for me - I'll go see him and hand over the £s.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:25 PM   #4
jerome
Foot Soldier
 
jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 132
Is the demand for this really greater in the UK than it would be here in the states?

How come it seems we get shafted here in the states? No cool dvds. none of these comics...what gives?
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:27 PM   #5
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
The UK didn't get over half the episodes on DVD, I'd say they got shafted.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
I think it's more the UK's own comic tradition. There's stuff made for Spider-Man that isn't just taken from the american issues, although we do that. Usually it's for a younger audience, but they can be fun. The Transformers just got a new one from the same company. I'm not sure it's demand so much as it is commercial representation and inevitability.

And yeah, know how else you'd make money Peter? If you could convert all those pounds that are worth more than dollars into your bank account by actually giving us more than the bare bones season one you've handed us.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:53 PM   #7
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
So these comics don't come out till August then right? If that's the case I'll just hawk Ebay for them.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:36 AM   #8
junkboy
Hench Mutant
 
junkboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 443
Are there any ways to get those issues while living out of UK?
__________________
junkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #9
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Got mine in the post today!!! y'see, I subscribed to it, meaning I get it at least a week earlier than the shops!

Aint read it yet though, but it looks cool, the Mikey prequel art looks a helluva lot better in colour!! 'Fraid to say though, the got it credited as being written by Steve Murphy and art by fernando Pinto, instead of Jake Black and Mr Exes!!! D'oh!!! There's a cool feature about the movie coming to DVD, with a few 'Did you know?'s.. "Did you know, you can spot the surname of the director, Kevin Munroe, spelled out in Japanese Hiragana on a shop in the first Nightwatcher scene?" And so on...

Oh, you get a free rocket launcher too!!!!!!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:51 PM   #10
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn Guy View Post
And yeah, know how else you'd make money Peter? If you could convert all those pounds that are worth more than dollars into your bank account by actually giving us more than the bare bones season one you've handed us.

YES! We don't even have the OT dvds here. My region 1 dvd collection is now almost the same size as my region 2, and it's all the OT and 2k3 season 2+ turtles stuff that we are deprived of.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #11
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
I remember when I had a region free DVD player. Good times.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #12
jerome
Foot Soldier
 
jerome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
The UK didn't get over half the episodes on DVD, I'd say they got shafted.
yeah i'd say they got shafted as well. I was mainly refering to the australian release of season 5 on dvd and the cool tin box cover for the TMNT movie dvd and the fact that the UK gets this new comic. It just seems like this stuff would sell better and make more money if it were available to us here in the states as well...just a thought though.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #13
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome View Post
yeah i'd say they got shafted as well. I was mainly refering to the australian release of season 5 on dvd and the cool tin box cover for the TMNT movie dvd and the fact that the UK gets this new comic. It just seems like this stuff would sell better and make more money if it were available to us here in the states as well...just a thought though.
The Tribunal DVD is a joke it's missing an episode, the tin for the movie is cool but honestly going through the hassle of region free player for one DVD isn't worth it. Plus it's not in upconvert so it'll look like **** on my TV.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:43 AM   #14
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Our Aussie dvd set of season 4 has the Ninja Tribunal ep.
Picked it up the second that bugger hit - kept my U.S. copy for the extras!
You gotta remember too, ultimately it comes down to whoever holds the license for the DVD releases/mag releases, etc.

Peace!

T.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #15
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
but honestly going through the hassle of region free player for one DVD isn't worth it.
I was surprised - my region free dvd player cost £17 (about $32) - I ordered it from amazon and it arrived on my door step the next day. I had more hassle trying to get chocolate out of the wrapper than getting a region free dvd player. ......

hmmmmmmmmmm........chocolate............... gotta go!
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:03 PM   #16
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
And yet there are children starving in Africa. For shame Jenna.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:37 AM   #17
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn Guy View Post
And yet there are children starving in Africa. For shame Jenna.
Chocolate always wins out in the end.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
titan uk


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.