The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Cool New Tales YOU'D Like to See

What storylines would you guys like to see appear in future issues of Tales? Myself, I’d like:

- A sequel to Vol. 1 #43, with some more Raph/Lucindra action

- An issue where Splinter meets Braunze

- A follow-up to DARPA

- A classic “Raph-and-Casey-bust-heads” issue in the tradition of Bodycount and Raphael #1,

- Donatello finding the remains of Baxter Stockman, as referred to in Vol. 4 #9

- A continuation of the plot involving the three Foot Mystics of Tales #2 and 11

- A continuation of the events involving Goseico in #22

- A continuation of the events involving the NYPD and the Foot in Tales #36

- A Mike story set in the future

- A Don story set in the future

- An issue following up the friendship between Don and Chang Lao
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
- More Leonardo centric stories.

- More Toddler Turtles stories.

- More Donatello scientific stories.

- More Splinter stories.

- More April stories.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:47 PM   #3
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
I'll take a different approach - artists! I really want an Eric Talbot issue, as well as a Mike Dooney and also an A.C Farley one! Hmm, and howsabout Laird and Eastman team up for an issue, sharing the art and all just like the good old days. Now THAT would be amazing!!!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:03 PM   #4
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
I have to agree on Tookie about the artists. I'd also love to see stuff from those guys (although Eastman/Laird is never gonna happen).

As for stories, I really want some more stories ala Tales #36 where you have Ninja Turtles acting like ninjas. Together. As a team.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:20 PM   #5
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
TMNT meet Gizmo.

The Tales story "Credo" already showed us that they've met in some untold Tale...but I wanna read it!
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:07 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAttack View Post
- A sequel to Vol. 1 #43, with some more Raph/Lucindra action
You mean #44, and actually that was a sequel in itself to a short from Turtle Soup, I believe. But I agree, that'd be neat to see.

Quote:
- An issue where Splinter meets Braunze

- A follow-up to DARPA
Why not?

Quote:
- A classic “Raph-and-Casey-bust-heads” issue in the tradition of Bodycount and Raphael #1,
Definitely, though more the latter than the former.

Quote:
- Donatello finding the remains of Baxter Stockman, as referred to in Vol. 4 #9
Yes, that, and maybe even a bit of their "relationship" over the years while he kept what's left of Stockman locked up. Was Stockman kind of a mentor of sort? Did he sometimes go to him for advice, whatnot? Would be interesting to explore.

Quote:
- A continuation of the plot involving the three Foot Mystics of Tales #2 and 11

- A continuation of the events involving Goseico in #22
Not super high on my list, but sure.

Quote:
- A continuation of the events involving the NYPD and the Foot in Tales #36
Any continuation/conclusion of the events seen in Tales #36 would be a blessing.

Quote:
- A Mike story set in the future
Who says he's alive in the future? But yeah.

Quote:
- A Don story set in the future
What I'd love to see is a future Don story built around the Plastron Cafe short. Why did he cry? What's going on with him?

Quote:
- An issue following up the friendship between Don and Chang Lao
Would be great to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo
As for stories, I really want some more stories ala Tales #36 where you have Ninja Turtles acting like ninjas. Together. As a team.
Agreed. Aside from a few standouts, most notably Tales #36, it's almost like there's been a conscious decision to de-emphasize the "Ninja" part of the TMNT... let's get back into the meat of it.

Really not much else I can add. Maybe a Klunk retrospective special?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #7
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
Casey & April's Wedding

Future Don story based on the Plastron Cafe story, love that idea

Future Mike story - he always gets slighted here

Toddler Turtles - how they chose/Splinter gave them each their individual weapons

Shadow and one of her other Uncles (I love Shad/Raph, but lets see how she interacts with the other 3)

Sequel to #36

follow up on the Foot Mystics

Karai story - what is she really up to these days, or maybe a tale of her joining the Foot Clan

Casey's REAL origin - hey, we can always try again

Casey/Raph team up, it's been too long since we've had one

I like the Don/Baxter story suggested

A Don/Raph team up

A Mike/Leo team up

Bringing Lucindra back would be fun

A Renet story - how did she pass her final exam and graduate to Time Mistress

A story of the Turtles set during their time stranded in pre-historic Earth (Tales Vol 1 # 7)

Robyn O'Neil meets the TMNT - I think she knew about them by Splinter's funeral

The Utroms first contact with Earth/Earth learns about aliens
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #8
JAkeBlack
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 69
Since people have been referencing Raph #1, I just wanted to point out that in Tales 37, Casey's got dialog from Raph 1, redrawn in a different perspective, but taken from the book since it was his first appearance...
__________________
myspace.com/jakeblack
JAkeBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #9
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
That's interesting Jake, I'm not sure I noticed that before. Cool find.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:43 PM   #10
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Mistress View Post
Karai story - what is she really up to these days, or maybe a tale of her joining the Foot Clan
Before that, I would give my left grape-shaped organ to see a "Shredder" micro-series giving us essentially the Mirage Oroku Saki story. His perspective on the murder of his brother, Nagi, and his ascent throughout the Foot Clan in Japan to finally start the New York branch. What was he truly like as a younger man? I don't buy that he was just inherently evil or black-hearted by any stretch of the imagination... let's see his slipping to the Dark Side, so to speak, and how he became "the most cunning assassin" of the Foot and truly earned the right to begin/lead the New York Foot at only 18.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Before that, I would give my left grape-shaped organ to see a "Shredder" micro-series giving us essentially the Mirage Oroku Saki story. His perspective on the murder of his brother, Nagi, and his ascent throughout the Foot Clan in Japan to finally start the New York branch. What was he truly like as a younger man? I don't buy that he was just inherently evil or black-hearted by any stretch of the imagination... let's see his slipping to the Dark Side, so to speak, and how he became "the most cunning assassin" of the Foot and truly earned the right to begin/lead the New York Foot at only 18.
Ouch. As much as I'd like to see this sort of comic as well, I must value my "grape-shaped organs" more than ye do... because I would not sacrifice either of them for a series of comics.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #12
RossMay
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 177
To Andrew NDB: You may not have to give up any organs...



Not something absolutely devoted to Shredder (which would indeed be awesome) but you will get to see his origins and rise peripherally. The question is WHEN you will get to be witness to this.

Oops, said too much!
__________________
http://www.rossmaywriter.com
RossMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:20 PM   #13
Raph'N'Roll
Hench Mutant
 
Raph'N'Roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 313
I'd like to see an issue based on a panel from Issue 4 Vol 1, it showed a guy spying on the Turtles across from Aprils apartment, and if I can remember correctly, a story was going to be done about this, but never happened in the end.
I think it would be interesting, some guy trying to expose the Turtles to the public or something, or maybe something more sinister.
Raph'N'Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:23 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,392
Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMay View Post
To Andrew NDB: You may not have to give up any organs...



Not something absolutely devoted to Shredder (which would indeed be awesome) but you will get to see his origins and rise peripherally. The question is WHEN you will get to be witness to this.

Oops, said too much!
That's exciting news indeed! In this, of course purely theoretical tale, how much % of it would focus on Saki himself?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:30 PM   #15
Spawn Guy
Mad Scientist
 
Spawn Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth 616
Posts: 1,481
A tale within a tale issue, probably somthing they'd save for an aniversarry issue or somthing. A story ala the famous BTAS episode "Almost Got 'im", a group of thugs (maybe even Foot Ninjas, or various criminals the TMNT have crossed paths with in in the past? Or will have, and the stories spreading from that are the stories behind how they met?) discussing various run ins with the TMNT. Four in each, each with a diffrent artist hopefully. The issue ends with the TMNT descending on the villians to diliver justice for their latest crimes.
__________________


THE TECHNODROME'S LITTLE YELLOW BOX LOVER

madpiratebunny (19:26:51): oh goodness, I've got an idea
SpawnGuyThing (19:26:57): Do tell
madpiratebunny (19:27:02): nononono
madpiratebunny (19:27:05): no telling
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:10): ...
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:27): But I'm the imaginery friend you always wanted
SpawnGuyThing (19:27:36): Your supposed to tell me everything
Spawn Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #16
RossMay
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 177
Hmm, maybe a third to a quarter. But if old tin-face is going to be showing up you know he's going to have a bigger impact than on just the pages he's shown in.
__________________
http://www.rossmaywriter.com
RossMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 12:26 PM   #17
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
April and Casey's wedding is definatly one thing I'd like to see.

As for the future turtles. Elder Leonardo (the one that's like 100+ years old) said that he's never had to deal with the death of any of his brothers so any future turtles stories are possible. Perhaps they'll appear in the upcoming Elder Leo story?

But one I'd wanna see the most is the sequel to Tales 35. I wanna know if Splinter does indeed become the new Rat King. It would explain how he keeps on "visiting" his sons (he helped Raph control his Gamera anger and he was in a dream of Mikey's....plus he was in Alaska with April). And if he did indeed become the new Rat King...did he continue on with the relationship with the Cat Queen??? Cuz she seemed to like him alot and he appeared to have feelings for her as well.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:40 PM   #18
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
I think it's pretty much infered that Splinter DID become the new Rat King.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:46 PM   #19
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
You know, I did not get that impression. I thought he just went on to the afterlife peacefully.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #20
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Quote:
I'd like to see an issue based on a panel from Issue 4 Vol 1, it showed a guy spying on the Turtles across from Aprils apartment, and if I can remember correctly, a story was going to be done about this, but never happened in the end.
I think it would be interesting, some guy trying to expose the Turtles to the public or something, or maybe something more sinister.
I always wondered about that too.

Quote:
I think it's pretty much infered that Splinter DID become the new Rat King
I have not read Splinter's death issue, but what I've read here and after reading that Tales issue. With the image of the old rat king present at Splinter's death, I would assume that he would be taking over that mantle. It's the only current way to make Splinter live on
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
imagination


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.