The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
tmnt84
Thug
 
tmnt84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 54
TMNT Artobiography

Can someone post scans or just photo shots of some of the contents or the back cover and spine? Because I've been considering buying this since it came out but I've always wanted to scope out the book so If someone can snap some pictures of it, I'd be really appreciative.
tmnt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Unless someone gets to the task quicker, I can take some inside pictures later today.

However, I will say that this is an essential book for all TMNT fans. It's full of thumbnails and layouts and finished art and sketches and darn near everything Kevin could give us concerning all of the TMNT books he ever worked out. Really, really, awesome.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
tmnt84
Thug
 
tmnt84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 54
That would be really nice and helpful of you
tmnt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #4
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Unless someone gets to the task quicker, I can take some inside pictures later today.

However, I will say that this is an essential book for all TMNT fans. It's full of thumbnails and layouts and finished art and sketches and darn near everything Kevin could give us concerning all of the TMNT books he ever worked out. Really, really, awesome.
I completely agree with Rose...this book is chock full of great pieces of art and Kevin keeps it flowing real nice...definately one of those "cover-to-cover" readings...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 11:03 PM   #5
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Unless someone gets to the task quicker, I can take some inside pictures later today.

However, I will say that this is an essential book for all TMNT fans. It's full of thumbnails and layouts and finished art and sketches and darn near everything Kevin could give us concerning all of the TMNT books he ever worked out. Really, really, awesome.
not to mention sketches of 'kirby' the proposed 5th turtle from the tmnt 4 that never happened
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:31 AM   #6
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Pictures:

Front cover
Inside Front/Back Cover
Pages 56-57
Pages 62-63
Pages 112-113
Pages 148-149
Pages 204-205
Pages 222-223
Pages 228-229
Pages of sketches
Back cover
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:29 AM   #7
Janus Prospero
Hench Mutant
 
Janus Prospero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I love this picture so much. The coloring is just so cool and Leo looks cute as hell.
__________________
Janus Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:15 AM   #8
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus Prospero View Post
I love this picture so much. The coloring is just so cool and Leo looks cute as hell.
Reminds me of Vaughn & Mark Bodes Work.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #9
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
Reminds me of Vaughn & Mark Bodes Work.
Ironically, I watched Mark Bode draw a copy of that picture at Comic-Con this year.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:38 AM   #10
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
One of the coolest books ever.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #11
tmnt84
Thug
 
tmnt84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 54
Thank you so much roseangelo I really appreciate this
tmnt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:40 PM   #12
Masked Ninja
Doodles TMNT for fun
 
Masked Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: sploshin' through some sewer...
Posts: 2,137
Wow, thanks for the peek! Ever since I heard about this book I've been interested in it... dang, there are too many cool things to have and not enough money.
Masked Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #13
PipingPringle
Hench Mutant
 
PipingPringle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic Canada
Posts: 475
That is too cool! The Kirby concept sketches are fun :3
__________________
PipingPringle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:48 PM   #14
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Its on half-price sale at the Heavy Metal website, here!


I bought it a coupla weeks ago, and am still waiting for it to be delivered. Can't wait now, especially getting this little 'preview'!!!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 05:22 PM   #15
tmnt84
Thug
 
tmnt84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by tookie View Post
Its on half-price sale at the Heavy Metal website, here!


I bought it a coupla weeks ago, and am still waiting for it to be delivered. Can't wait now, especially getting this little 'preview'!!!
When did you buy it? After seeing the Heavy Metal site listing I'm thinking of getting it, but not if it'll take months.

Also how much is S&H?
tmnt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:44 AM   #16
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
haha Rose and tookie should get commission for helping sell this book now. I might have to go order it, especially if it's only 20 bucks.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:46 AM   #17
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
I love how Leo's sitting on a big mushroom ... I wonder under what influence they were when they made up the Ninja Turtles ...
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:59 PM   #18
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
I wonder under what influence they were when they made up the Ninja Turtles ...
You know, after all these years, I have never thought of that... I mean, REALLY, it is a pretty crazy having a bunch of turtles being ninjas... they much have been on something to come up with something as crazy as that...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #19
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
i know they said they were just drawing things to make each other laugh so i always wondered what else they drew that night
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #20
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt84 View Post
When did you buy it? After seeing the Heavy Metal site listing I'm thinking of getting it, but not if it'll take months.

Also how much is S&H?
I'm really sorry, totally forgot that I posted in here! It took about three weeks to ship, and I honestly can't remember how much it cost, sorry!

But seriously, it is well worth it, a treasure-trove of TMNT history!!!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.