![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 736
|
Quick Dreamwave question
Has anyone ever said the Dreamwave comic was canon with the show?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
|
Not that I know of. It starts out adapting episodes of the show (but from different POVs) and then eventually deviates from the TV series and starts doing its own thing.
For like, five minutes. Then it got cancelled. That's pretty much what the Archie comic did, too (save for the immediate cancellation part). |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
|
There were only two original stories that Dreamwave did, so its not like it matters.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
|
The first few gave a little background information that, I think, fits with the continuity.
The other stories maybe not so, since one of the new characters meets April and is tutored by Leo or something and then never appears again. Unless they fell out... |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
Well, Casey's dad in the Dreamwave comic does not look anything like he did in the cartoon, so take what you will....
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
|
The quick answer would be "no." Like Spengler said, the Dreamwave series was based on the 2K3 show. It began a new story arc, then got canceled shortly after, without even finishing the story.
__________________
![]() - Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue - I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,681
|
True, didn't Baxter's mom also appear in the DW comics? I doubt she looked the same as she did in 'Insane in the Membrane'.
Plus the comic had alot of old toon references, like the turtles talkin about pizza every other line and having April as a kid having always dreamed of becoming a news reporter before she worked for Baxter. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
|
I wish we had gotten one more issue out of Dreamwave. I was interested in seeing that Mouser issue. Did anyone else, or am I just weird?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
|
There was a comic based on the cartoon series? Sorry.... I blinked. Musta just missed it.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here] |
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|