The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
Adamag
Random Punk
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 29
Ideas for a new turtle cartoon

I would like to see a new Ninja Turtle cartoon based on 80 's toon with character designs like original black and white debut comic.
Adamag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
So it would be silly like the 80's cartoon, but have the design of the original turtles?

I'd like to see a mini-series that acts as a follow up to the 80's cartoon. Like what would the 80's turtles and April be up to now.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:06 AM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
Aside from maybe a follow-up on the 80's series, I really don't think another TMNT cartoon is needed for a long time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:37 PM   #4
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
I agree. Isn't the 2003 series getting a slight makeover, then a relaunch (I thought I saw some new character designs for 2008 )?

The new series follows the comic rather well, and if it goes into syndication for a while they won't need to do a new one for a while.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #5
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr._Mutant_Man View Post
I'd like to see a mini-series that acts as a follow up to the 80's cartoon. Like what would the 80's turtles and April be up to now.
Reunion show? Awesome. ^_^ Let's not forget to add all the original voices as well.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
1950's instead

Another idea is a TMNT cartoon set in a different time in history. I talked about something like this here: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=22273
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #7
Drtooth
Foot Elite
 
Drtooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 4,439
The only "new" TMNT cartoon I want to see is something for the adults. A very gritty dark series that resembles the straight up comic books. No changes. All the turtles would wear red. And every so often a story arc or episode based on the work of one of the contributing artists and writers. That's about it.
__________________
[Insert mildly amusing banner here]
Drtooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:26 PM   #8
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
i think it's really difficult for cartoon completely identify with comic books in one way or another.0xo but i adore that wish.
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #9
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
The only "new" TMNT cartoon I want to see is something for the adults. A very gritty dark series that resembles the straight up comic books. No changes. All the turtles would wear red. And every so often a story arc or episode based on the work of one of the contributing artists and writers. That's about it.
Maybe on HBO like Spawn?

After reading the first 20+ Mirage issues or so, I'm kind of wondering about the whole "gritty dark" thing about Ninja Turtles. Were the turtles more violent and actually killed people? Sure. They are certainly darker than the 1987 cartoon by a long shot, but by itself I don't really think it's that dark a series. There were still quite a bit of fun stories like the Michelangelo Christmas thing, and the turtles weren't constantly angsty or anything. They still seemed easy going for the most part. I think the 2003 series, from what I've seen, has them down pretty well.

Did they suddenly get a whole lot darker later on in volume 1 or in volume 2?
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:11 AM   #10
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
I've always dreamed of this!!!!! like what if the neutrinos looked like regular teens or that the channel 6 building had mauch more business. And the turtle van always seemed like one of those boxy Scion cars
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #11
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
About Mirage's grittiness, I think it may have happened sometime around Volume 1. Return to New York may be a good example- Raphael gets VERY angry and violent.

I don't know. 1987 cracks me up every time. 2k3 is superb and I could (and do) watch it over and over again. Archie is very engaging. And the movies are fine. But Mirage honestly depresses me at times.

I do not know if it is the black and whiteness, or the not so happy lives of April and Casey and Shadow, or what happened to Splinter in Volume 4, or when the family is separated for too long and things seem hopeless, or all the incoherencies, inconsistencies, contradictions, timeline errors, and plot holes that Mirage is notorious for, or all the non-canon issues and disjointedness, or what.

Mirage was what started it all. And many of the stories are great- especially at the beginning. But I will be the first one to tell you that 2k3 is an improvement (I am only using 2k3 in this example since it is the most faithful version, although one could argue the first movie too)- the order, the presentation, the art, you name it. And that most of the ideas for the 1987 cartoon were an improvement as well. I do not know if the Mirage comic would have hooked me as well as the OT did- even at my current age. And if you want my honest opinion, I like Archie better than Mirage "ducks"- though I do wish they had kept Splinter's origin and Casey Jones.

Just my two cents.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.