The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 05:32 AM   #1
Agita
Mouser
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7
TMNT#1 I'm selling, plus does anyone have other value'd ones?

Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone have other very valuable TMNT comics like I do.

I'm actually selling one of mine now on ebay it's the #1 TMNT Original CGC rated 9.2

CGC UNIVERSAL GRADE 9.2

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #1

MIRAGE STUDIOS, 1984

WHITE PAGES

ORIGIN & 1ST APPEARANCE OF TMNT,SPLINTER, AND SHREDDER.

WRAPAROUND COVER.

CREATED BY EASTMAN AND LAIRD


Check it out if you want to buy or know someone that will buy. Thanks!
Agita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:19 AM   #2
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
Have the link?
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
Krueger
Hench Mutant
 
Krueger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 481
http://cgi.ebay.com/TMNT-1-9-2-CGC-O...QQcmdZViewItem

Reserve not met!
__________________
"Why are ya screaming? I haven't even cut you yet."
Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
Slash
Stone Warrior
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 630
I never liked it when people show up on the forums specify to promote their ebay auctions for some reason...
__________________
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #5
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Not a fan of slabbed comics.

"It belongs in a mylar bag (and board)" (imagine that in the same tone as Indiana Jones' "it belongs in a museum").

Y'know, so it can stay in good condition, but still be read and enjoyed.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:42 AM   #6
Agita
Mouser
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7
Hey, this is a TMNT fan site.

I'm sure huge old school TMNT fans appreciate the notice if they're really interested in the book.
Agita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #7
Slash
Stone Warrior
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 630
Huge old school fan since forever but I don't like the ebay spammers. Sorry man.
__________________
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I'd go for it if I had that kind of cash.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:00 PM   #9
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash View Post
I never liked it when people show up on the forums specify to promote their ebay auctions for some reason...
Its not just on this forum that they have showed up for the first time to post about this auction...

But I guess you really can't blame for trying to get exposure...

And I'm thinking the reserve is around 2k
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:01 PM   #10
Slash
Stone Warrior
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 630
It's been posted twice here.
__________________
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #11
Krueger
Hench Mutant
 
Krueger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 481
I'm with Slash on this one. At least conspire to do it a few months ahead a time and drop the bomb when you have 50 posts or something.
__________________
"Why are ya screaming? I haven't even cut you yet."
Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #12
Jon
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,356
^ Ditto. Heck, this thread and it's 'copy' are the only ones Agita has done.

I even had a feeling it would be the case the day the postings were done.

Last edited by Jon; 02-24-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:27 PM   #13
Slash
Stone Warrior
 
Slash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 630
Thanks for the support. I'm fine with people who talk turtles and sell, but not those who just sell and take us for our cash.
__________________
Slash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:45 PM   #14
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
I suspect most of the TMNT #1's sold on Ebay go to dealers. I don't think most of the fans here have $1k to fork over for a comic. But you never know, so it's worth a shot I guess.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:11 PM   #15
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
I suspect most of the TMNT #1's sold on Ebay go to dealers. I don't think most of the fans here have $1k to fork over for a comic. But you never know, so it's worth a shot I guess.
I said this in the other thread, but I think some Technodromers could always take a cue from the Simpsons and pool the money together, trading the comic off amongst one another every few days.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:25 PM   #16
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Well, if I'm outsider, I'd come here and expect to drum up some interest...I mean, most fan bases are like that...

But maybe it just me, but it seems that as whole, TMNT fans just don't spend a heck of a lot money. Granted, most things are pretty affordable, with just a handful of things that garner serious $$$ (like TMNT 1, Gobbledygooks, and early art to name a few). But even the "afforable" things most fans don't jump on...because its "too expensive". Nothing wrong that (more for me!), but thats my feeling as a whole...
__________________

Last edited by OA; 02-24-2008 at 05:35 PM.
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.