The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
Leo2007
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 36
Could any of the turtles beat Hamato Yoshi in combat?

I was just wondering, since Hamtao Yoshi was a ninjitsu master, who trained Splinter himself.

It would be interesting to see if any of the guys could take him on, one on one. I have the feeling that Yoshi would beat every last one of them. If Splinter is right and he usually is, than Hamato Yoshi was that good.

Any thoughts?
Leo2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
It isn't exactly easy, but each of the Turtles can beat him in the first 2K3 console videogame.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #3
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo2007 View Post
I was just wondering, since Hamtao Yoshi was a ninjitsu master, who trained Splinter himself.
Gotta stop ya there. Yoshi didn't train Splinter, he just mimicked him. I always found it funny how in his visions on the show, Splinter was all chummy with Yoshi, but I think if he ever did find out his pet rat mutated into a ninja master, he'd flip.

And no, they can't take him.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:25 PM   #4
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCure View Post
I always found it funny how in his visions on the show, Splinter was all chummy with Yoshi, but I think if he ever did find out his pet rat mutated into a ninja master, he'd flip.
He has and he didn't, He's met mutated Splinter I believe 2 or 3 times now.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #5
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
He has and he didn't, He's met mutated Splinter I believe 2 or 3 times now.
Yes, but wasn't that after Yoshi died? I'm sure a mutant rat doesn't rank too high on the list of weird things that a dead guy has seen.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #6
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shelf View Post
Yes, but wasn't that after Yoshi died? I'm sure a mutant rat doesn't rank too high on the list of weird things that a dead guy has seen.
Still, it's him and dead or not I think you'd freak if you saw a giant talking ratman lol
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:45 PM   #7
Zog
Hench Mutant
 
Zog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 253
But since he did work with the Utroms, who knows what weird things he's seen or could expect to see.
Zog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:20 AM   #8
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Hell, maybe Yoshi had met LH at one point. We don't know exactly when LH came around. We just know it was before the TMNT.
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #9
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo2007 View Post
I was just wondering, since Hamtao Yoshi was a ninjitsu master, who trained Splinter himself.

It would be interesting to see if any of the guys could take him on, one on one. I have the feeling that Yoshi would beat every last one of them. If Splinter is right and he usually is, than Hamato Yoshi was that good.

Any thoughts?
Since when did Yoshi TRAIN Splinter while he was still a rat?

Splinter only observed and attempted to copy but he never trained him.

And yes, I do believe one of the guys or maybe all of them could win a friendly duel - or at least give Yoshi a run for the money, as they would never fight on opposite sides to the death. Why? Because the student often improves upon the master. Not always but many times it happens like that.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:56 AM   #10
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
I always thought it was a little funny that Splinter was smart enough before his mutation to mimic Yoshi's actions while in his cage. Which brings up an interesting point: Yoshi either never noticed or he simply never thought it was even a little odd. So I suppose it's feasible that Yoshi wouldn't freak out too much if/when he met Splinter as a mutant.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:39 AM   #11
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
In the 2k3 cartoon, Yoshi took Splinter to the Battle Nexus. And this may have been the case in Mirage given the current Volume 4 events. So Yoshi explicitly exposed Splinter to martial arts to say the least. Who knows if Yoshi actually saw Splinter observing and mimicking him?

And several years later, Splinter would have observed at least one of his Turtles observing and mimicking him as well
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #12
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
LOL, you guys are kidding your self! Splinter who is like in his 50's can wipe the floor with the turtles in friendly combat or real combat easily. Like they can take on Yoshi who is younger, and supposedly more skilled than Splinter is.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #13
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Hell, maybe Yoshi had met LH at one point. We don't know exactly when LH came around. We just know it was before the TMNT.
My thought exactly. If Yoshi ever met Leatherhead, and I'm sure he had, learning Splinter had met the same fate might be very interesting to him.

One thing I've often wondered (ok, so it just dawned on me like yesterday, but you know what "I've often wondered" sounds cooler) where exactly were the Utroms transporting the Ooze in the first place. I mean, is there some special off-site Transmat Waste Disposal Landfill (alla TMNT II)? And in that case, what is the Secret of the Ooze?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:38 PM   #14
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
what is the Secret of the Ooze?
it's a good base for caramel spread
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:43 PM   #15
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I mean, is there some special off-site Transmat Waste Disposal Landfill (alla TMNT II)?
That's the way I understood it. The ooze was normally transported out of the city to some secret Utrom landfill via the van that accidentally spilled a canister down the sewer, thus mutating the turtles. It is odd, though, that it is never mentioned exactly where the waste was normally taken. There really should be tons of mutants spawning from the landfill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
And in that case, what is the Secret of the Ooze?
I think the "Secret of the Ooze" was merely where it came from and what it was. Until the turtles discovered the TCRI/TGRI building, they had no idea what it was. That was the secret.

EDIT: On second thought, I like Sage's idea better.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #16
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
I seriously doubt it. Not only do I not think they could take Yoshi physically, I also believe they would have been beat emotionally as well.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:14 PM   #17
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
Who knows if Yoshi actually saw Splinter observing and mimicking him?
I remember in one particular origin story, Splinter states that Yoshi was amused by the mimicry. Or mabey I'm just crazy.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:59 PM   #18
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
They did the whole "Star Wars" thing with Yoshi after he died.

And my reason being, don't read if you haven't seen all of the Lost Season.
Spoiler:
I'd say he could easily take all the turtles since Shredder stomped them at the end battle and Yoshi had to come out and kick his ass.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:37 PM   #19
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
They did the whole "Star Wars" thing with Yoshi after he died.

And my reason being, don't read if you haven't seen all of the Lost Season.
Spoiler:
I'd say he could easily take all the turtles since Shredder stomped them at the end battle and Yoshi had to come out and kick his ass.
I don't know with their new Super Saiyan powers they may be a match for him.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #20
Leo2007
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
They did the whole "Star Wars" thing with Yoshi after he died.

And my reason being, don't read if you haven't seen all of the Lost Season.
Spoiler:
I'd say he could easily take all the turtles since Shredder stomped them at the end battle and Yoshi had to come out and kick his ass.
Actually, the turtles had mystic shredder already beaten. They were already kicking the shredder's ass. Hamato Yoshi just finished him off. Yoshi was the only one truly capable of destroying the mystic shredder, as Yoshi is apart of the spirit world.
Leo2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.