The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #1
DonatelloDomeHead31
Stone Warrior
 
DonatelloDomeHead31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Helping Casey Jones fix the Pick-Up Truck
Posts: 878
First Ninja Turtles Movie Observation

There's something I wanted to point out between the DVD Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) and when a TV channel shows the movie. A few years ago, I saw the movie on a TV program and when Michaelangelo and Donatello are dancing in the sewers after their first battle, Michaelangelo shrugs while Don is still dancing and says: "Well this is like meditating." (moreover his mouth moves and he's not dancing).

In the DVD, Michaelangelo is still dancing and he says the same quote BUT HIS MOUTH DOESN'T MOVE!

The movie comes on ABC Family tonight, for those of you that get it, see which scene occurs.

For those with the DVD, watch that scene and note if there's any difference.
__________________

Donatello: Pork rind.
Donatello: Yeah, a few inquiries.
Donatello: Turtles don't migrate, Raph. Birds do!
Donatello: Have you seen the way this guy drives?
Donatello: 0.00000003%!
Donatello: I don't know, but it doesn't look good...
DonatelloDomeHead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
Leonardo87
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by donatello22 View Post
There's something I wanted to point out between the DVD Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) and when a TV channel shows the movie. A few years ago, I saw the movie on a TV program and when Michaelangelo and Donatello are dancing in the sewers after their first battle, Michaelangelo shrugs while Don is still dancing and says: "Well this is like meditating." (moreover his mouth moves and he's not dancing).

In the DVD, Michaelangelo is still dancing and he says the same quote BUT HIS MOUTH DOESN'T MOVE!

The movie comes on ABC Family tonight, for those of you that get it, see which scene occurs.

For those with the DVD, watch that scene and note if there's any difference.

I noticed too myself, I think it was a mistake they made on all of the First TMNT film on DVD. A SE is taking forever to be made, unless they aren't making one and screwing us over with all these other dvd's making a SE.
Leonardo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
ToSte
Hench Mutant
 
ToSte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alaska
Posts: 419
i thought it showed Don dancing and Mikey is talking off screen, but im pretty drunk right now.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:31 PM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo87 View Post
A SE is taking forever to be made, unless they aren't making one and screwing us over with all these other dvd's making a SE.
If we don't see a Special Edition with the 25th Anniversary Shellabration, we can give up hope... until someone else gets the rights.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:40 PM   #5
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Muppet labs...HELP!
Posts: 756
Or (when we're REALLY old) the BLue ray might get a SE.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Sakai. Making a deal with Saki has COMPLETELY different implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:00 AM   #6
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
WB has the rights they bought New Lines entire film library. Their just being tards with it.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
turkishproverb
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Muppet labs...HELP!
Posts: 756
Cept LOTR. They've been pretty smart with that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Sakai. Making a deal with Saki has COMPLETELY different implications.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
But me, Grimlock, love Raphael! He cool, but rude!

I suspected.
turkishproverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #8
KROW
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
 
KROW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSte View Post
i thought it showed Don dancing and Mikey is talking off screen, but im pretty drunk right now.

On the DVD I bought years ago, it's Don dancing and Mike saying the line. He's not off-screen, but I watch the widescreen version so I don't miss anything. Quite frankly, if I have the DVD to any movie that a network airs, I don't bother tuning in at all.
__________________

- Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue -
I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally.
KROW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:12 PM   #9
Arcade Joe
Thug
 
Arcade Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South of Chicago, IL
Posts: 94
error

Yes, if you watch the pan and scan version, there seems to be an error. But, if you watch the widescreen side, it's fine...Wierd indeed
__________________
Arcade Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.