![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 502
|
Donations
I'm wondering, if we were to have a donations set up right here (there is a mod for it, I'll link you up in a bit) could we have like a special upgrade to the member's profile? Like turtle shells for the rank (set up like the stars system in many places) or perhaps a color for the user group? Anything to sorta spice up one's profile would be awesome! Perhaps permission for new powers, who knows what you could think of! It'd be a nice little addition in my opinion.
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201284 |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Admin and Sega Guru
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
|
Good idea, although it probably wouldn't work for these forums considering the fact that we haven't had anybody donate in 3½ years (not that I'm particularly in need of money, otherwise I would have made the donate link more obvious). Thanks for the suggestion, though.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
I'm SUPER into myself
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
|
I dunno dude, they've got a point...people are crazy for exclusivity...I mean, just look at how proud people are of their post counts around here. I'm sure you could get people donating if you offered some sort of exclusive bonus.
To that point, you should really think about getting new apparel designs. Just cause the technodrome is a copywrited image, doesn't mean you couldn't have cool designs that wouldnt get you in trouble. Take this non-licensed shirt for example: http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=7762 Clearly a ninja turtle shirt, and yet totally above board with the copyrights (I saw atleast 8 people, including myself, wearing this at NYCC09) . I would totally rock all sorts of drome stuff if the designs were neat. While the logo on the current merch isn't bad, it just doesn't translate very well to clothing. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Devil's Advocate
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
|
I could donate a few bucks without the promise of any bonuses at all. I just didn't know I could ever did that.
__________________
![]() Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?! |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
|
I think if there ever should be a benefit to donating to these boards, it should simply be a free t-shirt or something for one's own personal use, depending on the amount donated. If I'm not mistaken, there's a list (or was) of people who have donated in the past somewhere linked on the main site page. I feel it's praise enough just to be mentioned that way without flaunting it here. Collectively, our heads are engorged with pride as it is.
As for Archon's comment about the clothing, in my eyes, a black shirt with the word, "DROME" on it in big white letters would be fine for me.
__________________
![]() - Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue - I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |||||
|
Admin and Sega Guru
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Dimension X
Posts: 3,755
|
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
|
|||||
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
I'm SUPER into myself
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Scatter the nuns!!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Super Moderator
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
|
I like "I'm a Dromer" as well. Perhaps we could get some ideas from the local artists here on the forums for shirts?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
|
![]() I am still in the progress of coloring it in, but I wanted to know if this would do for a shirt idea |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Meat-n-Potatoes Man
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: State's Anus, NY
Posts: 6,472
|
Well, copyrighted images won't work. I once asked Krang about using the eye of the Technodrome on the merch and he said it'd be a legal hassle. I'm sure using actual art of a Ninja Turtle is along the same lines.
__________________
![]() - Optimus Acid Trip - Cult of a Half-Shell - Raiden's Bitter Tongue - I don't try to be funny; I fail at it naturally. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Columbus Indiana
Posts: 688
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
I've been an artist for years, I'll see if I can come up with a t-shirt design that doesn't involve copyright issues. I have a creative mind, it shouldnt be THAT hard ot attain...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Here, Wooohooo!
Posts: 357
|
Good luck with the designs. Will be hoping to see 'em real soon. More power to us all!!!
__________________
I'm of the same age with TMNT. How cool is that? Happy 30 years of Cowabunga!
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|