The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Cast TMNT (2013)

Blame Tristan....

Who do you want to see play who in the upcoming Turtle film.
(Should we keep this to the Guys, Splinter, and Shredder as we don't know what we're gonna get, or even add Casey and April?)
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Casey, April, and Shredder have all been confirmed. Read the press release it states it very clearly.

Ryan Reynolds- Casey Jones
Ken Watanabe- Shredder
Malin Akerman- April O'Neil
4 Martial Artists in Turtle costumes- TMNT
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #3
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
Hmmmm. I like the idea of Watanabe as the Shredder. Did google image search and found this pic. Good idea of Saki's business side of his operations. Secret to the public from his illegal side. I.E. the Foot and the Shredder.

__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Everyone does it seems

My picks (as noted in other threads).

Taylor Kitsch for Casey (say what you will about Wolverine and him as Gambit, he'd make a killer Casey).
Ken Watanabe for Splinter's voice. (Win, from a traditional perspective - but here's something to think about, Splinter developed the ability to talk while in America right? Doesn't that mean his talking voice would more likely be in the American direction, over the Japanese? I mean, he learns to talk in NYC, not Japan. As a rat, he'd have the visual understanding of what is happening, and maybe some basic vocal recognition, but his ability to talk and understand speech properly probably wouldn't happen until his brain develops/mutates along with his vocal cords... I'm thinking way too much into it, but I did this when I was casting my own projects and working for others... maybe it would affect the voice choice?).
Lauren German as a possible April (she looks good as both a redhead and a brunette, so you can go Mirage or 2k3/OT).
Terrence Howard would make an interesting Baxter. Charismatic, intelligent but capable of snapping into psychosis.
Tak Sakaguchi, or Kippei Shiina as Oroku Saki
Yukie Nakama for Karai.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858


That is Casey Jones!
__________________

Last edited by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle; 04-26-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Yes, but Tristan, if he learned Ninjitsu from Yoshi, he probably also "remembered" Yoshi's speech. Heck, I'd wouldn't be surprised if he spoke both English and Japanese.

Ok, now me:
The Turtles: The 2k3 voice cast. they have them down well.
April: Bryce Dallas Howard. Don't really know why, just like her.
Casey: I wonder what Chris Evans looks like with longer hair, he wouldn't make a half bad casey...right?
Splinter: *shrugs* You've all shot down my fave, Kevin Clash...whatever....
Shredder: Watanabe does look pretty Oroku Saki-esque in that suit.
Baxter: I hate doing these castings, because despite my love for movies and my watching many, I can never pull out actors who I feel would be good in the role....Samuel L. Jackson?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:56 PM   #7
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
Here is my choice for April. Sienna Guillory, best known for her role of Jill Valentine in Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #8
willtupper
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 322
Casey Jones... Johnny Depp

April O'Neil... Angelina Jolie

I don't care who the rest of the cast is. I'm just pulling hard for these two. How, in their long movie histories, they've never appeared in a movie together is just beyond me.

And don't tell me Johnny Depp is too old to play Casey. Johnny is timeless! He has hardly aged a day. The only other actor I'd love to see play Casey would be the late, great, Brandon Lee. But, sadly, he's no longer with us. So I've got to give it up to Johnny .
willtupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #9
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
This might be an insane suggestion, and I did make it in the worst cast thread too (and I've jokingly suggested it before), but what about Seth Green as the voice of Michaelangelo? Not doing a typical Mikey surfer voice or anything, just plain acting, with his own voice. I think it could bring a certain genuinity and warmth to the character. He's a good actor too (Just watch his work on Buffy and try not to care), so he could totally pull off the serious acting that will surely be needed alongside the goofball aspects if the screenwriter has any respect for the character. And he still sounds like a teenager.
Might work, is all I'm saying.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:06 PM   #10
trustno1
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
This might be an insane suggestion, and I did make it in the worst cast thread too (and I've jokingly suggested it before), but what about Seth Green as the voice of Michaelangelo? Not doing a typical Mikey surfer voice or anything, just plain acting, with his own voice. I think it could bring a certain genuinity and warmth to the character. He's a good actor too (Just watch his work on Buffy and try not to care), so he could totally pull off the serious acting that will surely be needed alongside the goofball aspects if the screenwriter has any respect for the character. And he still sounds like a teenager.
Might work, is all I'm saying.
i like! seth's a tmnt fan too.
trustno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Steven Jay Blum - Raphael
David Carradine - Splinter
Sam Jackson - Stockman
Seth Green - Michelangelo
Gary Jules - Donatello

(Post will be edited as ideas come to me)
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:36 AM   #12
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
Not too sure about some of the casting but think that Cobie Smulders would make a great April. And maybe a clone of Elias Koteas from 1990 for Casey Jones
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:33 AM   #13
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Baxter: ...Samuel L. Jackson?
epic


Watanabe as Shredder would be awesome
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:11 AM   #14
The Shelf
Mad Scientist
 
The Shelf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,031
Add another vote for Ken Watanabe as Shredder! I don't know about any of the other cast yet, though.
The Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:12 AM   #15
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Putting these ones out there...

Leo's voice: James Marsden, Chris Pine, Mike Vogel
Mikey's voice: Kevin Connolly, Seth Green, Jason Mewes, Jonah Hill
Raph's voice: Kevin Dillon, Jason Mewes, Shiah LaBeouf, Chris Evans
Don's voice: Justin Long, Seth Green, Nicholas Brendon, Jay Baruchel
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:41 AM   #16
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
I second Nick Brendon for Don. He has that great nice guy voice. Not sure about Shia LaBeouf as Raph, though. But I've only seen him in a couple of roles (which were kinda similar, and not to Raph), so I don't know.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.

Last edited by Vincent; 04-27-2009 at 08:55 AM.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #17
asfaloth12
Thug
 
asfaloth12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Rivendell
Posts: 92
Quote:
April: Bryce Dallas Howard. Don't really know why, just like her.
I enthusiastically second that suggestion. She's a good actress- I really think she'd make a great April.
__________________
Avatar moonchild_x
asfaloth12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #18
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Casey - Taylor Kitsch
April - Bryce Dallas Howard
Shredder - Ken Watanabe
Baxter Stockman - Idris Elba
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #19
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
I gotta agree with Vivi that Cobie Smulders would make an interesting April. How about Neil Patrick Harris for Don? He's got a sort of similar quality to Sam Riegel and Mitchell Whitfield. Actually, come to think of it, I wouldn't mind if Sam or Mitchell did it again, as both have done very well.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #20
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
As for the voices of the turtles, I'd love to see Corey Feldman come back as Don. I still picture his voice whenever I read the comics. I like the previous suggestion of Seth Green as Michelangelo. That pick is totally out of left field, but it could actually work really well. Still no idea on Raph or Leo, though.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live-action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.