The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 03:25 AM   #1
jimmyjams
Hench Mutant
 
jimmyjams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 429
Poster: How rare?

I've been trying to get a copy of this poster, but I can't find one. Is it really rare?? I think it's from a convention. Any info?? THanks guys
jimmyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:47 AM   #2
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Well, I see you got the picture off eBay. I think I bid on that, but I'm not sure. I just know I didn't get it.

So far, i've only seen two on ebay in the month or so I've looking on eBay for TMNT stuff. That guy had I think two of them, one signed by Eastman and Laird, and the other, as you see here, signed by everyone but Lincoln.

I really would like this poster as well, even if it isn't signed by anyone.
DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
thats an 8x10, just so you're aware.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:35 AM   #4
drasgow
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: washington state
Posts: 193
what did you search for to find it on ebay? i've been looking for it for awhile, and have never found it on ebay.
drasgow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Every day, I just search 'Ninja Turtles', and look at all the new stuff for the day. I check it probably 3 or 4 times a day, just to make sure I don't miss a great 'Buy it Now' deal.

That's how I do it.
DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:00 AM   #6
tipet
Hench Mutant
 
tipet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan
Every day, I just search 'Ninja Turtles', and look at all the new stuff for the day. I check it probably 3 or 4 times a day, just to make sure I don't miss a great 'Buy it Now' deal.
And how many items are new every day??(Aprox)
And the numer of interesting items??
Thanks!
tipet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #7
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipet View Post
And how many items are new every day??(Aprox)
And the numer of interesting items??
Thanks!
Thats the search I run too, as well as set up searches to auto run for specific things. I'd say you get 1-3 pages of new stuff a day.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
tipet
Hench Mutant
 
tipet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_turtle
I'd say you get 1-3 pages of new stuff a day.
Woowww. In Ebay Spain you can get 1-3 new items a month. I want to be in America!!! xDD
tipet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:20 PM   #9
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Whew, someone clearly wants it more than I do. They are welcome to it at that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching

Last edited by Archon_Turtle; 06-10-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:20 PM   #10
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Man I wonder what spaz bid it up that high. That's one thing I hate about Ebay. To many people freak out and stuff gets way too pricey.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #11
andrewdsz
Stone Warrior
 
andrewdsz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 952
Whaat a piece of copy paper worth 200$? I thought i saw the authentic copy of declaration of independence or something.
andrewdsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #12
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdsz View Post
Whaat a piece of copy paper worth 200$? I thought i saw the authentic copy of declaration of independence or something.
Well, it's a litho, but I get what you mean.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:01 PM   #13
Dark 5cythe
Thug
 
Dark 5cythe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southern Cali!
Posts: 97
its all about bragging rights. That guy thinks its cool to say he spent 200 bucks on it.
Because he can. more power to him if it makes him happy.

Me? I wouldnt pay 5 bucks for it.

Someone has to have a copy of this scanned in. its gotta be on the net somewhere.
__________________



Dark 5cythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:19 AM   #14
jimmyjams
Hench Mutant
 
jimmyjams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Whew, someone clearly wants it more than I do. They are welcome to it at that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tab%3DWatching
Definably more than me too lol
jimmyjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #15
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Man I wonder what spaz bid it up that high. That's one thing I hate about Ebay. To many people freak out and stuff gets way too pricey.
Or the seller or one of his friends is jacking the price up.
this is why I try to wait till the last minute to snag stuff.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 11:53 AM   #16
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Or the seller or one of his friends is jacking the price up.
this is why I try to wait till the last minute to snag stuff.
actually I was the one that kept bidding...I agree it is weird that you would open with such a high max though.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #17
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
actually I was the one that kept bidding...I agree it is weird that you would open with such a high max though.
*slaps you* you spazz you
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #18
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
*slaps you* you spazz you
After the first few bids it became obvious that he set it to something astronomical...so I just kept going...

It's a sickness...but hey, I never took the lead. I kept getting auto-outbid, so who knows what his max is.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:12 PM   #19
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
After the first few bids it became obvious that he set it to something astronomical...so I just kept going...

It's a sickness...but hey, I never took the lead. I kept getting auto-outbid, so who knows what his max is.
Yeah I hate that, I've been getting auto-outbid on Palisades Zoot & Lips Muppets figures for the past 5 years.
I'm not going to give up until I win them, they're the last 2 I need for my collection grr!
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #20
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Suprise Suprise, there is a second chance offer sitting in my inbox
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.