The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
Ash
Thug
 
Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 60
Is this really so valuable?

Collected TMNT Volume 1

Seems a little pricey to me.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Collected TMNT Volume 1

Seems a little pricey to me.
It is, far too pricey. THat book goes for a couple hundred american.


Also, we have a thread for ebay auctions in toys and collectables. This should probably have gone in there instead.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
It is, far too pricey. THat book goes for a couple hundred american.
Does it? I'll sell mine for a couple hundred american.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-14-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Does it? I'll sell mine my a couple hundred american.
yeah Ive certainly seen it sell enough times for $199ish.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
I got mine for around $30-$40 5-6 years ago... might have been cheaper like $27 actually. The new one goes for $150-$200 tho.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 02:04 PM   #6
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
I want to say I paid around $100 for mine. I'm just saying I have seen them go for more.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
I want to say I paid around $100 for mine. I'm just saying I have seen them go for more.
That's what I paid for mine. It's rare but the HC is rarer and I've even seen that go for less then 400.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Got mine for free! I win bwahahahah! No but that price is ridunkulous. Most ive seen them go for is about $200, like Archon said. For that price you might as well buy a First print issue # 1.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:13 AM   #9
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
I once won this on ebay for only $20!... but then the seller flaked out and canceled the auction. It was very poorly listed (that's why I won it so cheap) - but then he must have realized he could haul in 10 times the amount if he sold it right so he made up an excuse and gave me a refund... ahh the pleasures of online transactions!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.