The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #1
pm5kfan212
Thug
 
pm5kfan212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chesapeake,VA
Posts: 65
new guy...needs some help

hey everybody, over the past 2 years I've been trying to collect every TMNT mirage book, starting with the first volume. So far all I need is issue 4,20,21,54,57,59, and the fugitoid one shot. I am also trying to get a hold of the Shell Shock TPB. IF anybody knows of where i might be able to get these or any other TMNT comic, I'm still missing quite a lot over all, I'd really appreciate the help.



Also does anybody know where the Flaming Carrot crossovers, both his comic and the mini, fit into continuity?

Thanks!
pm5kfan212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,192
1. www.miragelicensing.com http://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=191391P01 and frequently check ebay and the buying/selling/trading section here.


2. I'm pretty sure those stories are just for fun and aren't canon.

3. Welcome to the drome.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
pm5kfan212
Thug
 
pm5kfan212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chesapeake,VA
Posts: 65
thanks, yeah i was just outbid on ebay for the shell shock tpb, though i might up my bid after i get paid this week, and have found a copy of the 1st printing of issue 4 for about 5 bucks and am waiting to see if that goes up before i bid. Ill have to check out the buy/sell/trade section, i didn't even see it. Some of the other sites I've looked at say that the Flaming Carrot crossovers are cannon, they just don't say where they fit in.
pm5kfan212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,192
Ask, Dr. Spengler if ya wanna talk Mirage Timeline.

And as far as Shell Shock goes, you'll have to pay atleast 40 bucks for it. But trust me, it's worth it.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 PM   #5
pm5kfan212
Thug
 
pm5kfan212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chesapeake,VA
Posts: 65
40 bucks, really? I know its rare but all the buyer guides say its barely worth cover price. I'm not trying to spend more than 30 on it, before shipping. i posted my Flaming Carrot question on the timeline forum....didnt think about doing that in the first place.
pm5kfan212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,192
Yeah dude, 40 would be a minimum. Personally, I was bummed about spending that much (sometimes being a completionist sucks) but when I got the book I found that I made the right choice, the stories are great.

The only other one on ebay right now is going for like 85 bucks, so I'd aim for 40.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #7
pm5kfan212
Thug
 
pm5kfan212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chesapeake,VA
Posts: 65
yeah I'm going to wait and try to sneak an outbid at the last second!
pm5kfan212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:13 PM   #8
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Stay vigilant with Shell Shock and you'll come out good. When I got serious about getting all the comics and stalked ebay quite a bit. You actually see a lot of Shell Shocks pass through there.

One tip: be sure to check ALL listings, especially the ones with the little camera icon rather than an actual picture in the listings. That's how I found mine. I almost had it for $19 IIRC but someone tried to snipe me at the last few minutes and shot it up to $31.

I was still happy as a lark though, since the copy I received is near mint!
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #9
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Oh, and the sleuthing process only took a couple of weeks.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #10
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm5kfan212 View Post
40 bucks, really? I know its rare but all the buyer guides say its barely worth cover price.
Ebay is the only accurate Buyers guide these days

Welcome to the drome.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #11
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,476
I picked up my copy of Shell Shock from a local comic/media shop for $8 last year. Sometimes you just get a lucky find.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #12
pm5kfan212
Thug
 
pm5kfan212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chesapeake,VA
Posts: 65
yeah I already checked all of the local comic shops by me while i'm up at school, the only shop that has it is the one thats on ebay right now for 85$. I know for a fact that my shop back home doesnt have it. I was hopping to find it in a set with some other comics but so far no luck.
pm5kfan212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #13
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
You more than likely won't. You'll find tons of Archie sets, a few Mirage sets (which come in handy for completing the Vol. 1 run!), then a mish-mash of various Turtle books.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 06:23 PM   #14
pm5kfan212
Thug
 
pm5kfan212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chesapeake,VA
Posts: 65
yeah im not interested in the archie series, i am trying to get every Mirage TMNT book, right now i'm just focusing on the first volume or things that are tied into the first volume.
pm5kfan212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.