The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2003, 02:27 AM   #1
persephohi
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 73
Well you asked for it...

Or someone did, anyway. I drew this after skimming through a few chapters of a fic, the name and author of which currently elude me. Anyway, it was a story where they wound up in this dimension where people go when they dream. Two of them, Leo and Don, were their normal selves, but Raph and Mike both appeared as humans (which freaked them both out enormously) because that's how their subconscious viewed them, either due to how they unconsciously percieved themselves or because of how they wished they really were. Annnnyway, I read the descriptor of Raph and I had to draw him. There was no alternative.

http://geocities.com/deadpool69612/raphuman1.jpg

I again apologize for the Geocities link.

--Bevin
__________________


“Well we know what to get you for Christmas: a double lobotomy and ten rolls of rubber wallpaper."
--Red Dwarf
persephohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:00 AM   #2
CookSux
Stone Warrior
 
CookSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sparta
Posts: 928
Cool... but weird?
CookSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 06:22 AM   #3
kyabetsu
Foot Elite
 
kyabetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: under my hat
Posts: 4,393


WOW...
*clears throat.* damn.

oh... by the way... the STORY is called "Sweet Dreams" by Sss979. It's the third in a trilogy... "Principles" ""Shades of Shame" and "Sweet Dreams." She's an incredible author...

IN FACT SHE WON FIRST PLACE FOR BEST NEW AUTHOR this year

i'd recommend ANYTHING she's written. "Beloved" is the NEXT part of the trilogy... part 4 i guess. but i've not read it yet, i'm re-reading all of the OTHERS first.

but you can find them all here:
http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/tmnt/index.html
kyabetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 08:48 AM   #4
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Hot DAMN! I wish I could draw guys half that good. Damn my cartoonish style...

Heh, I always pictured human Raph with long hair, though. To each, their own!
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 12:11 PM   #5
persephohi
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 73
Coolsux-- Yes. Yes it is.

Kyabetsu-- Ahhhhh yes, I remember now. Head like Swiss Cheese, me. *tap tap* Oh she's got another one up? Cool, I'll go check it out. And thanks, I think he's yummy too.

Kali-- Thanks! And hey, nothing wrong with a cartoony style, I myself have one. It's just very stylized. How long did you picture his hair? I wound up picturing it shorter than how I drew it, actually, but I was going for the specifications in the story here. It's funny, but I did picture him with black hair, which surprised me for some reason. It's kind of sad when your own brain surprises you.

--Bevin
__________________


“Well we know what to get you for Christmas: a double lobotomy and ten rolls of rubber wallpaper."
--Red Dwarf
persephohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 12:46 PM   #6
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Well, I have a human Raph in one of my stories, and I've always pictured human Raph with red hair. Not orange red, or bright dye-bottle red, but a natural, blood red, past his shoulder blades, loose, slightly wavy, and untamed. At least, that's how my human Raph is.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:20 PM   #7
persephohi
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 73
I think when I was younger I'd pictured him as a redhead and that's why the sudden image of him with black hair surprised me. Mmmmm, yours sounds yummy too, though.

--Bevin
__________________


“Well we know what to get you for Christmas: a double lobotomy and ten rolls of rubber wallpaper."
--Red Dwarf
persephohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:28 PM   #8
greensborohill
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 138
I can't find it and I want to see. Please help
__________________
"Why, Why oh, I don't know. Cause I wanted to redecorate. You know, a couple of throw pillows, a T.V. news reporter, whadday think?"
greensborohill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 04:36 PM   #9
persephohi
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 73
Okay, well either my site exceeded its bandwidth allowance again, or you just need to copy and paste the address into the address bar. I find that eliminating the 'www' bit helps sometimes too, just start with 'geocities' etc. Hope that helps.

--Bevin
__________________


“Well we know what to get you for Christmas: a double lobotomy and ten rolls of rubber wallpaper."
--Red Dwarf
persephohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 05:03 PM   #10
Donatello02
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 503
That's good.
__________________

'What ninja weapon did Don get? A stickball bat.
Hey, you can call it a 'bo'. But you can call it a
Ford Tempo too...it's still just a stick.'
Donatello02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 06:59 PM   #11
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
It's great i see you got anatomy covered heh...i can't draw guys all that well yet
And the idea rocks too...tho i recall seing a human mikey in the toon and genesis game, but never a raph one.
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 08:55 PM   #12
persephohi
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 73
Thanks, Donatello02.

Nickokapo-- Yeah, well considering how long I took art lessons, I'd better have a decent grasp on anatomy. I think I remember the human Mikey vaguely (did he look WAY too young to be 15, or something?), and I didn't know he was human in the Genesis game. That's pretty cool.

--Bevin
__________________


“Well we know what to get you for Christmas: a double lobotomy and ten rolls of rubber wallpaper."
--Red Dwarf
persephohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 09:13 PM   #13
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by persephohi
Yeah, well considering how long I took art lessons, I'd better have a decent grasp on anatomy.
Art lessons? What a novel idea. I should do that someday.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 09:40 PM   #14
Kaejae
Random Punk
 
Kaejae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 44
O_o Yummy. ;D

Great job! I really love the hair in this pic ^^ it sooooo nice... *strokes the hair*
__________________

Nite Fevah!
Kaejae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:42 AM   #15
persephohi
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 73
Heehee! Thanks, I'm glad you like. I-- *stares at dancing turtles*

--Bevin (with the last of the dancing turtles jokes, I swear!)
__________________


“Well we know what to get you for Christmas: a double lobotomy and ten rolls of rubber wallpaper."
--Red Dwarf
persephohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 09:05 AM   #16
Shadow
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 489
its funny. i love the hair...body's good. but i always pictured raph with a really sweet face. Like and innocent face. Why? because its the "quiet" ones you gotta watch out for! and a scar on his lip (left side top) because he has one in all three movies....and i LIKE it.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 10:41 AM   #17
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Whoa...

How'd I overlook this? That's a cool human likeness of Raph. Love the detailing of the chest, the hair, the face, and the jeans... and the expression on his face just sez it all.

I also like the way you drew his hair better, much more than the grown out mullet look I imagined once. And with dark blonde hair.
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:03 PM   #18
persephohi
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 73
Shadow-- Ooooo, interesting depiction. Seems like everyone's got their own ideas on how the boys'd look human (which seems perfectly logical to me).

HorseTechie-- Heehee! Thanks! I'm pretty happy with how he looks. I may have to draw more of him this way, actually.

--Bevin
__________________


“Well we know what to get you for Christmas: a double lobotomy and ten rolls of rubber wallpaper."
--Red Dwarf
persephohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 04:18 PM   #19
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Awesome pic!
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 02:34 PM   #20
ChibiKasai
Foot Soldier
 
ChibiKasai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 126
Wow...sweet drawing. Me like.
__________________
Have no fear of perfection- you'll never reach it.
Salvador Dali
www.kishiadesign.com
ChibiKasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.