The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 11:00 PM   #1
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Peter Laird circa '85 NightCrawler/Storm Art (Censored Nudity)



Tada! I don't have it in hand yet, but it's on its way!

Super Excited!
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:02 PM   #2
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
psst.
You forgot to censor his "tail".
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Im not convinced that isnt just a stray line. Im going to say thats just open to interpretation. especially since there is no break in the costume for it.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:09 PM   #4
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Oh fine.
Leave me holding the pervert bag.
See if I care.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:38 PM   #5
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Wow... just... wow....
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #6
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
A stray line?!

That's a peepee if I ever saw one!
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Interesting.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
A stray line?!

That's a peepee if I ever saw one!
Lord knows youve seen a lot of peepees! Oh snap! See what I did thar?

Also, this is the information that the seller gave me about the piece:
This black marker artwork was created by Peter Laird in 1985, while in Sharon, CT. Artwork measures 9 1/2" x 12 1/4" on textured Bristol board type paper

And this is what Pete said when I asked to verify the work:
Ha! That's a blast from the past. I don't recall the exact circumstances of its origin, but I'm pretty sure that was a specific commission for a fan, who wanted Nightcrawler and Storm from the X-Men in some kind of slightly suggestive situation. It was drawn on coquille board. And that's about all I can remember at this time!

I also gave him a copy of the censored and uncensored versions, so we may see this hit his blog
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #9
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Well, I'm pleased he owned up to it. That's kinda cool.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #10
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Oh I also wanted to mention (giving credit where credit is due) that Vaughn originally pointed me at this piece. Thanks Vaughn!
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:14 PM   #11
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
That is awesome. Congrats, man!
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
Nice find..
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #13
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,190
Is there any artist that is NOT a pervert?

I swear every artist always has all these perverted drawings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Im not convinced that isnt just a stray line. Im going to say thats just open to interpretation. especially since there is no break in the costume for it.
Hey, I'm not convinced the censored parts isn't just a skin tight costume that shows off her features.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:28 PM   #14
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Oh I also wanted to mention (giving credit where credit is due) that Vaughn originally pointed me at this piece. Thanks Vaughn!
Any time my friend
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:31 AM   #15
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Is there any artist that is NOT a pervert?
Nope, not in my experience. And my junior high school paid for me to attend a visual arts school twice a week. One of the lessons I learned best was that every "creative" person usually has a "darker" side. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but not everyone's comfortable showing it.

That said, I'm a tiny bit surprised Pete actually did something like this, but not as much as him admitting it. Kudos to him for that. Pretty sweet piece, too. The picture I mean, wiseguys.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #16
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
that is awesome
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #17
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
This thread is totally messed up! LOL my kind of thread.
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #18
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
my gf is extremely jealous of you, they both are her favorite x-men characters
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #19
Navin Johnson
Stone Warrior
 
Navin Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 544
Now "thats" a commission
__________________
Lord loves a workin' man
Navin Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.