The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
staypuftweepel
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 169
Peter Laird announces today that vol 4 will not be published

I know that he's grown tired of the franchise and everything, but this totally sucks. If he puts up 31 and 32 on the internet I'll be happy to be able to read them, but I was really looking forward to more actual books. It's just not the same.
staypuftweepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #2
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
That does suck. I really like having the printed issue in my hand. I'm sure there will be someone or something that can print them and bind them for me if and when he does release them on the web. Hell I don't care that I was paying $10 for an issue.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I will just be happy if I can save them to my computer and read them at this point.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior
 
John Pannozzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 762
BTW, you can find what he said here.

So, basically, he might have the last two issues finished and published online, and then maybe post a beefed version of his plans for the concluding issues online. That's good enough for me (though I still want to see the rest of Gang Wars published, which Laird wouldn't even have to be involved with creatively).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Santo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
SO much cognitive dissonance, so little time.
*sighs*
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
To be honest, I didn't even buy #29 and #30, I was happy to save them to my hardrive and be done with it.

I know not everyone feels that way, and to those of you who were willing to throw down the $10 bucks plus shipping for the things, I'm sorry, but this is no skin of my nose, personally.

As it stands, I've kind of lost my enthusiasm for Volume 4 and I don't particularly care if its storylines are ever resolved or not. I detested much of what Laird wrote and simply stopped caring after a while.

Laird's business model has been "If you don't like it, don't buy it". So I won't. But I'll be happy to download them if you make them available. If you don't? Meh. I don't really care.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:04 PM   #7
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
It comes down to the fact that I prefer to read things offline. I like sitting down with comics or taking them with me when I have to wait for people/things. I would like to be able to take the end with me and not have to carry a laptop.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
I also prefer to read comics on paper and really don't like reading comics on my computer.

However, I don't like paying $10 bucks for a comic I don't enjoy even more. So getting them for free online is fine with me in regards to a comic I don't like but would like to have available to review on my site, anyway.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #9
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
That makes since Spengler. I did enjoy it for the most part. Though I think Liard had gone a little to sci-fi out there with it as of late. I'm just hoping if he does release these two volumes online i can save them and then find someone to print them for me and make a nice volume of them.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #10
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Just another reason for me to forget about Mirage's TMNT for awhile, minus seeing what would've been the conclusion.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:24 PM   #11
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
If he does post them online that will be fine by me. Gives me a chance to read them and save them to my PC. I do enjoy having the printed comic but if I was going to get nothing or get an online version, I think I would have to go with the online version.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
To be honest, I didn't even buy #29 and #30, I was happy to save them to my hardrive and be done with it.

I know not everyone feels that way, and to those of you who were willing to throw down the $10 bucks plus shipping for the things, I'm sorry, but this is no skin of my nose, personally.

As it stands, I've kind of lost my enthusiasm for Volume 4 and I don't particularly care if its storylines are ever resolved or not. I detested much of what Laird wrote and simply stopped caring after a while.

Laird's business model has been "If you don't like it, don't buy it". So I won't. But I'll be happy to download them if you make them available. If you don't? Meh. I don't really care.
Ya read my mind.

Also, I know alot of guys here do a pretty mean imitation of Jim Lawsons style (Powder and [i think] Demon-Alukard) so I expect to see Peters "beefed up" plot outlines to be seen as an online fan comic. Which is fine by me
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #13
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Ya read my mind.

Also, I know alot of guys here do a pretty mean imitation of Jim Lawsons style (Powder and [i think] Demon-Alukard) so I expect to see Peters "beefed up" plot outlines to be seen as an online fan comic. Which is fine by me
Ya read MY mind!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:45 PM   #14
Buffy
Mad Scientist
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: where am I?
Posts: 1,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Ya read MY mind!
Mine too!
__________________



Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #15
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
I didn't get the other ones in paper format. There's always printing it personally if I really want a hand held version.

At least this will be online. Hopefully where everyone can see it.
__________________
Nom
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #16
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
I'm actually satisfied that we might be getting general plot synopsis for the last few issues. It would be most welcome. And while I wouldn't have paid ten bucks a piece for the next two issues, I would be happy to see them online.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:56 PM   #17
Demon-Alukard
Hench Mutant
 
Demon-Alukard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Russia
Posts: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Also, I know alot of guys here do a pretty mean imitation of Jim Lawsons style (Powder and [i think] Demon-Alukard) so I expect to see Peters "beefed up" plot outlines to be seen as an online fan comic. Which is fine by me
Hey, thanks for the kind words If Peter will put the detailed script in the web, it wouldn't be a problem I think.
__________________


Join Facebook TURTLES CLUB group for Announcements, Updates & Sneak Peeks!

Last edited by Demon-Alukard; 06-08-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Demon-Alukard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,782
I still don't see why he didn't give those same plot summaries to some other writer and have them publish the book.

Jim Lawson would still do the art I assume, PL wouldn't even have to do much other than what he said.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #19
Adam Riches
Thug
 
Adam Riches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 88
I already replied to the actual post, but basically I view this as one of those "is what it is" kind of things. At least we're getting it in some capacity, and like I said on the blog, I honestly didn't think we were EVER going to get it. If he gives us the art in a high enough dpi, we should have no problems getting it printed up to the same level of quality as the real deal.

Another thing, if anyone has seen some of the plot outline stuff Pete has posted recently then I feel confident we won't be left hanging. He writes the most thorough outlines of anyone I've ever seen, in some cases they're even more fleshed out than the actual issues. So given the alternative, I'm pretty happy they'll at least see the light of day and give the series some closure, even if it's not exactly in the format I would've liked to seen.
Adam Riches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:54 AM   #20
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Well...at least you are going to see the last issues online !I think its a good new, and maybe later with an online work you can do a "handmade comic book" printing and stapling in a copy-store / press-store! ...so you could get your own paper format!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.