The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
TMNTpedia dispute over canon and multiverse

So I'm at a stalemate with this f*ck-head named Repo Man 192 on the TMNT wiki, and I need some reassurance that I'm 100% right in this matter.

The first thing I've been trying to delete is from the Turtles Forever page.

The 2007 movie was shown as separate to the live action universe, possibly suggesting that the 2007 movie is a different universe altogether. However, evidence in that movie (namely, Splinter's miniature shrine seen at the end) suggests otherwise

This needs to go. Just because they both were shown doesn't mean they're from different universes. We also see drawings by Lawson, Berger, Dooney, Talbot and Laird... all from the same continuity. Just like Chris Allan and Ken Mitchroney's different versions are canon with one another.


From the TMNT 07 movie page:
The movies continuity and its placement in the TMNT canon is a bit confusing. On the one hand, the shrine can clearly place this movie after the original three live action films...however, the significance of Karai begs the question as to whether or not this film is also in canon with the 2003 series or if she is simply a rehashing of the character.

This really fries my fuc*ing brain. I'm sure there were a few small children who thought this movie was a continuation of the 2k3 show... but for Christ's sake! There is no way in hell this movie is canon with 2k3.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Wow what a moron. That dispute is so 2007. Tell that person to get with the times. It's been talked about to death.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:40 PM   #3
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
There is no way in hell this movie is canon with 2k3.
Damn straight... To even suggest such a thing implies the poster is out of his or her mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
The 2007 movie was shown as separate to the live action universe, possibly suggesting that the 2007 movie is a different universe altogether. However, evidence in that movie (namely, Splinter's miniature shrine seen at the end) suggests otherwise
This one's a good bit less moronic. I agree with you that the fact the live-action movies and the 2007 CGI movie were depicted separately doesn't suggest a different canon, just a different artist. However, I think the shrine scene suggests that this is a similar yet different universe. I mean, that's a huge stretch of the imagination that Splinter regrew his ear after all those years.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
Yeah, you're dealing with someone that's pretty much batsh*t insane... but I wouldn't worry too much about it, if I were you.

If I had the time or manpower, I'd look into permanently changing the TMNT (2007) Wiki to say, "In 2007, a group of monkeys circle-jerked onto a pile of papers and the script to the movie was born," because that's pretty much what happened.

The sad part is, I think I'd have rather seen just such a movie rather than what we got.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
Is this dude the guy running the tmnt wiki..? Or how does that work?

I've looked at the wiki once or twice. overall, I'm not inherently impressed with it.
__________________
Nom
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #6
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
This one's a good bit less moronic. I agree with you that the fact the live-action movies and the 2007 CGI movie were depicted separately doesn't suggest a different canon, just a different artist. However, I think the shrine scene suggests that this is a similar yet different universe. I mean, that's a huge stretch of the imagination that Splinter regrew his ear after all those years.
Personally, I like to believe they're separate continuities. But I've remained neutral on that for this wiki which should be solid facts only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The sad part is, I think I'd have rather seen just such a movie rather than what we got.
If that's what you're into lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosandra View Post
Is this dude the guy running the tmnt wiki..? Or how does that work?

I've looked at the wiki once or twice. overall, I'm not inherently impressed with it.
No, apparently all the mods and admins are gone... He just erases everything I do.

And I'm not impressed with it either, which is why I just started working on it. Sadly, this repoman prick is quite discouraging.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #7
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
No, apparently all the mods and admins are gone... He just erases everything I do.
Man, what a bunch of crap.
__________________
Nom
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
HAHAHAHA What a dumb ass. I've seen that around like for the longest but never bothered to change it. He/She is so annoying, if they have access to a computer why can't they just look it up else where. Just like that Donkey from Family Guy who said " Kevin Bacon was not in Footloose"
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #9
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
The fact that multiple covers of different Mirage issues were shown implies that each image wasn't intended to be a separate universe.

There were also two-three different Archie issues shown too I believe.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #10
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
He just removed this from the Casey Jones page

"The Live Action Casey Jones backstory is not seen or talked about but Casey Jones does tell April he played hockey until he hurt himself."

Wise man.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #11
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
He just removed this from the Casey Jones page

"The Live Action Casey Jones backstory is not seen or talked about but Casey Jones does tell April he played hockey until he hurt himself."

Wise man.
What am I not getting here?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:13 PM   #12
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I don't remember Casey saying anything to April about playing hockey. Apparently, this guy doesn't know TMNT.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #13
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I don't remember Casey saying anything to April about playing hockey. Apparently, this guy doesn't know TMNT.
Actually...I COULD be wrong, but I think it's a scene in the first live-action film. I seem to recall him saying something to this effect to April anyway.

As for the debate overall, this is why I 'don't truck with no wiki'. Seems like someone's always putting up inaccurate info just because they can.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I don't remember Casey saying anything to April about playing hockey. Apparently, this guy doesn't know TMNT.
At the farmhouse...

April: So you actually played professionally?

Casey: Yeah, less... less than a year... before I got hurt.

April: Sorry.

Casey: Ya, so was I.

Random turtle: AHEM!

Casey: I told you guys! I hate it when you do that!

Leo: It's time to go back.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #15
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I don't remember Casey saying anything to April about playing hockey.
R1 DVD @ ~01:01:30
April: So, you actually played professionally?
Casey: Before I got hurt. Less-- Less than a year.

It's the last scene at the farmhouse.

EDIT: Dang you, ya Turtle nerds! Why ya always gotta be pickin' on my slow typing lack-o-skillz?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.


Last edited by gobo; 06-16-2010 at 06:32 PM.
gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #16
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
EDIT: Dang you, ya Turtle nerds! Why ya always gotta be pickin' on my slow typing lack-o-skillz?
It's ok man, you got Casey's dialouge down verbatim lol
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:53 AM   #17
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
So, I've been watching the wiki activity feed and this jackass seems to edit every contribution anyone else makes. Is there absolutely nothing that can be done? I'm actually afraid to waste my time using the wiki if some jackass is gonna monopolize it.

Edit: I sent a message to wikia, I'll update if I get a reply.
__________________
Nom

Last edited by jaymq; 06-22-2010 at 04:59 AM.
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:03 AM   #18
Mutated Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Mutated Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nope.avi
Posts: 825
Wow, that is guy is retarded. Both of those things are wrong. He's probably just idiot who knows nothing about TMNT.

Quote:
I'm a big fan of TMNT I think the first time I saw TMNT was the old series I think or 2003 series oh in case anyone thinks I'm 20 or older I'm not I also love Freefonix,The Tribe,Repo! The Genetic Opera all sorts of things I am addicted to Video Games can't get enough of them also TMNT FOREVER and I mean it's the greatest, TMNT rules.
Yeah... right.If you were a fan TMNT you would know sh*t about it . Clearly, repo man 192 does not know anything about TMNT.
Whenever someone edit's something, that stupid idiot deletes what the person added to the page.

Last edited by Mutated Turtle; 06-22-2010 at 06:16 AM.
Mutated Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #19
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
why is he in charge?
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:49 AM   #20
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,206
The plot thickens...

He wrote this on some unknown users wall

"Sorry I've undone your edits I really am I have this learning problem and it gives me the mind of a 7 or 8 year old or something like that so sorry about that I'm just bored and I wasnt paying attention to the wiki thing I thought the name said [TotheNines] he's some pain in the ass that thinks that you need to have good spelling and that so once again I'm ver very sorry




So does that mean I'm forgiven by the way who started that fourm
"

What I gathered from that was: he's got serious problems and he goes out of his way to eff with my contributions just because he thinks I critisized his spelling (I didn't, but should have) but for everyone else he just tells them that he can't see because he plays too much videogames... and now I'm done even worrying about it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ninja View Post
why is he in charge?
He's not, but anyone can edit pages. So he's out of control.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 06-22-2010 at 12:05 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.