![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,395
|
The Solson martial arts training stuff
You know, it just occurred to me that I've never actually opened up any of these... I've just seen the covers and have never been interested to buy them.
What's inside? Actualy how-tos on martial arts? Any stories?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
無問題
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
|
Almost definitely certain that they just took a pre-existing '80's martial arts manual and copypasta'd drawings of the Turtles doing the moves.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
I have the michelangelo book & thats basically about right. If you can get em, they're worth having (if only for the nifty art). Its just a ton of poses with paragraphs about certain fighting styles jammed in between. I suppose you could learn from it but this color-by-number karate doesn't make me feel confident enough in mastering the "Wooden buzzsaw" technique.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
幸 - 愛 - 思う
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
|
Quote:
In all reality they are pretty cool to have for the art inside... No stories though... -ms |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
|
I have the Michelangelo one as well.
Some interesting art. Buy for novelty or collection factor only though. |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Here's some great page scans courtesy of tOkKa:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/terribl...7604741707559/
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Space Knight
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
|
I got them all from Mile High a few weeks back during a sale. Keep an eye out and snag them during another sale, even though they're not terribly high.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Aussie and Proud
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
|
I have Leonardo Michelangelo and Donatello only missing Raphael. There are a lot of cool stuff inside of them worth having for your collection.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
A Magic Light Dudette!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
|
I got the four ninja turtles issues (Leo, Don ,Raph, Mike)...I like a lot the draws, its not any story inside, had some indications with every draw, but they are not very useful if you are looking for learning martial arts !!!
![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 | |
|
Will not be censored
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
|
I currently have three of these for sale, guys. I'm looking to get $10 a piece including shipping. See my comics for sale thread in buying/selling/trading.
__________________
Quote:
TheGreatestTMNTurtlesSellerEVER on eBay International shipping assistance: [email protected] |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 151
|
The scans look awesome. i would definately pick one up just for the art. I would find it kind difficult to learn martial arts from it, specifically some of the weapon tricks. It's a little confusing when your demonstrator has only three fingers, for example Rapheal's sai flip....
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 | ||
|
Will not be censored
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
|
Quote:
__________________
Quote:
TheGreatestTMNTurtlesSellerEVER on eBay International shipping assistance: [email protected] |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#13 | |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | ||
|
Will not be censored
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
|
Quote:
__________________
Quote:
TheGreatestTMNTurtlesSellerEVER on eBay International shipping assistance: [email protected] |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
|
I have the How to Draw book (or one of them - not sure how many there were) and the Donatello training manual. The art's not bad, but how am I supposed to learn bo technique from a guy who only has three fingers?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 | |
|
facehugger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
|
Quote:
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap! Don't tell us to grow up and out of it I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know... original TMNT art collection |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
Space Knight
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
|
I know of two version: a light cover and a dark cover. Does anyone know which is the first printing?
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|