The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Is there a way to discern a #2 reprint from the 1st print?

I was browsing on the old ninjaturtles.com and remembered I had wanted to ask this but forgot. I've never seen this brought up so I was curious to know if there is something denoting the 2nd edition other than the print date (October 84 vs January 85)?

Last edited by Venom; 08-17-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Yep, the words "SECOND PRINTING" are a good tipoff.
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Cool, thanks TT!
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #4
DrVenkman
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
Yep, the words "SECOND PRINTING" are a good tipoff.
to go a little further in detail...

On the inside front cover there is a squared off box with LEO in it. 2nd print has a voice bubble saying "2nd Printing". 1st, just LEO.

If you are buying on eBay make sure you double check and ask the seller these statements as questions. I have purchased 2 "1st printings" from sellers only to receive 2nd print. I got my money refunded but its worth to check to save yourself the hassle.
DrVenkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #5
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Thanks Venk, that's more along the lines I was looking for. I more than likely will be looking on ebay since prices vary so widely depending on where you look.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.