The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #1
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Wonder what the 2K3 Turtles reaction would have been...

had they known OT Splinter actually was Hamato Yoshi? Both times I've watched "Turtles Forever" that scene in the OT Turtle Lair always makes me wish they had somehow found out so we could have seen their faces as the implications for them would probably be profound. Rather than learning from the fabled ninja's pet, they may have some newfound respect for the OT Turtles since they are learning from the master himself.

Also, I thought it odd when the OT Turtles reacted so strangely to Leo exclaiming "Father!" when reunited with Splinter.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #2
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
Hopefully, they all realized they were in a different dimension and that this Splinter was not their father. I don't believe they would of made that mistake since they had Donny to sort out what was going on. They would still be shocked at the idea of human Yoshi turning into Master Splinter, though.

Oh, and the reason why I think the OT Turtles reacted to the 2k3 Turtles calling their Splinter father was the fact that they probably didn't think of their Splinter as a father but more as a teacher only, a teacher they respected dearly.
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
It definitely would have been interesting to see how they took it, yeah. Though really, we only got to see Raph and Leo with OT Splinter, Mikey and Don were busy goofing off and working respectively.

A bit off-topic, that still disappointed me that there were no real moments of the Leos working together.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Wasn't there a scene where 2K3 Leo was struggling with a Purple Dragon til OT Leo pulled the guy's goggles back on his face?

The bad thing is, the NT Turtles didn't think much of the OT's wacky slapstick fighting, they probably wouldn't have thought much of OT Hamato Yoshi's skills....
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Wasn't there a scene where 2K3 Leo was struggling with a Purple Dragon til OT Leo pulled the guy's goggles back on his face?
Just checked that scene since I remembered the goggles bit, and that was 2K3 Raph struggling that OT Leo saved.



With all the other Turtles, we got a nice point of their 'twin' interactions. 2K3 Mikey cracked jokes with OT Mikey (especially the 'hardcase' bit), 2K3 Don worked on stuff with OT Don (and thought he was insane), and 2K3 Raph got annoyed over OT Raph's antics (OT Raph's in-particular, since he was the most different from his 2K3 counterpart). It just would've been cool to see a part with the two Leo's leading together, rather than separately.

Quote:
The bad thing is, the NT Turtles didn't think much of the OT's wacky slapstick fighting, they probably wouldn't have thought much of OT Hamato Yoshi's skills....
...This is true. I can't see the 2K3 team bein too impressed by the 'Cur Lee Maneuver'.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #6
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
...This is true. I can't see the 2K3 team bein too impressed by the 'Cur Lee Maneuver'.
Other than Mikey. He probably would have wanted to learn it.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:45 PM   #7
Lynn
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 269
I could see Mikey doing that since he's the eternal clown.
Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:03 PM   #8
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
had they known OT Splinter actually was Hamato Yoshi?

Also, I thought it odd when the OT Turtles reacted so strangely to Leo exclaiming "Father!" when reunited with Splinter.
Yeah. I thought they missed something big there with the 2K3 turtles not learning that the OT Splinter was their grandfather still alive. Like they'd exchange origin stories and have a stunned look on their face when they learn the OT origin. And be all like "Grandpa?!" and then the 2K3 turtles would explain THEIR origin and their Splinter's origin and OT Splinter would be confused with the love story aspect since there's no Teng Shen in the OT (or Archie).

And meanwhile Saki would find out that Karai is 2K3 Shredder's adopted daughter and mention his mom and mumble about his goody cop brother. *lol*
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:34 PM   #9
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Yeah. I thought they missed something big there with the 2K3 turtles not learning that the OT Splinter was their grandfather still alive. Like they'd exchange origin stories and have a stunned look on their face when they learn the OT origin. And be all like "Grandpa?!" and then the 2K3 turtles would explain THEIR origin and their Splinter's origin and OT Splinter would be confused with the love story aspect since there's no Teng Shen in the OT (or Archie).

And meanwhile Saki would find out that Karai is 2K3 Shredder's adopted daughter and mention his mom and mumble about his goody cop brother. *lol*
That would have been nice. As cool as Turtles forever was they missed the boat on a lot of the character interactions. I would have loved to see OT Casey meet 2k3 Casey. Or how about the two splinters?
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 PM   #10
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
That would have been nice. As cool as Turtles forever was they missed the boat on a lot of the character interactions. I would have loved to see OT Casey meet 2k3 Casey. Or how about the two splinters?
Yeah. I would have LOVED for the 2 Splinter's to meet, reveal their backstories and have an awkward moment for 2K3 Splinter to consider OT Splinter to be his father. *lol*

OT Casey wasn't ever an important character...he was just...there for a couple eps.

How about Angel meeting Zack? *lol*
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:56 PM   #11
Seurat
Foot Soldier
 
Seurat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 143
I can't help but wonder what would happen if OT April discovered that her alternative reality self was married to Casey Jones. Would she have done a classic April scream? Or an even-more-classic April faint?

Also, what about both Baxters meeting one another? They both have a chip on their respective shoulders in regards to their respective Shredders making them less than human. If they were to team up, both Shredders could be facing some serious opposition!
__________________
Don: The perimeter's quiet.
Leo: Yeah, a little too quiet.

Don: Well that was easy.
Leo: Yeah, a little too easy.

Don: Look! It's Raph!
Mike: Yeah, a little too Raph!


Seurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 PM   #12
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Yeah. I would have LOVED for the 2 Splinter's to meet, reveal their backstories and have an awkward moment for 2K3 Splinter to consider OT Splinter to be his father. *lol*

OT Casey wasn't ever an important character...he was just...there for a couple eps.

How about Angel meeting Zack? *lol*
The two Splinter's meeting would be pretty cool.
Angel would whoop Zach's ass.
Zach: I'm an honorary Turtle!
Angel: Shut up nobody likes you (smacks him on his head)
Zach runs off crying.
Even if Casey wasn't that important the simple novelty of having those two together would just be awesome. I genuinely feel that NT Casey would reevaluate his life after meeting his insane alternate self.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seurat View Post
I can't help but wonder what would happen if OT April discovered that her alternative reality self was married to Casey Jones. Would she have done a classic April scream? Or an even-more-classic April faint?

Also, what about both Baxters meeting one another? They both have a chip on their respective shoulders in regards to their respective Shredders making them less than human. If they were to team up, both Shredders could be facing some serious opposition!

OT Baxter meets 2K3 Baxter.

"Bzzz...."
*sloshes about in his tank* "Boy we both got the short end of the stick..."

OT April: "Hi! Im April O'Neil! Crime reporter for Channel 6 news! I have an aunt Agatha..."
2K3 April: "Uh... I have an uncle Aggie and a sister....and a husband...and a great-great grandson...."
Irma: "Waaaa!! She got a man and I don't!!"
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:55 PM   #14
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
had they known OT Splinter actually was Hamato Yoshi? Both times I've watched "Turtles Forever" that scene in the OT Turtle Lair always makes me wish they had somehow found out so we could have seen their faces as the implications for them would probably be profound. Rather than learning from the fabled ninja's pet, they may have some newfound respect for the OT Turtles since they are learning from the master himself.
It's good to see I wasn't the only one thinking this. I would have loved OTSplinter to explain to the NTboys their personal origin. If the two Splinters had met up, that would have been a plot all it's own. Unfortunately, it seems this will be left to the creative minds of fan-fiction writers....
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:01 PM   #15
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
It's good to see I wasn't the only one thinking this. I would have loved OTSplinter to explain to the NTboys their personal origin. If the two Splinters had met up, that would have been a plot all it's own. Unfortunately, it seems this will be left to the creative minds of fan-fiction writers....
Yeah, seeing the Splinters would also be very interesting. Seeing as how OT Splinter WAS Yoshi, then did he never have a pet rat? If so, would 2K3 Splinter be able to recall certain events that may have paralleled both Yoshi's lives in the alternate dimensions?
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:17 PM   #16
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Oh, that's a good question... I imagine all versions of the characters share similar timelines, major events in their lives. There would Have to be common threads all throughout. Like character DNA.
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 11:35 PM   #17
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
That's what I'm thinking...even though MANY changes are evident throughout the differing incarnations, there have always been certain key events that are similar.

Blame the newest season of Eureka on the altered timeline pondering, lol, but it is one topic I have always found fascinating.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 12:05 AM   #18
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
I really miss to see in Turtles Forever the "Prime Splinter" version...even if he didnt meet with the 2k3/OT turtles...it were be awesome!!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 01:30 AM   #19
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
I wanted to see Splinter Prime, too, but it really didn't make sense for him to make an appearance, really.

I take that back...

Unless it was in the big battle scene, and he had been the one to throw the exploding shuriken in the midst of seeing his sons being crushed to death.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:08 AM   #20
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Yeah, I really wish the movie could have been about 2 1/2 hours long so we could have seen more of both the OT world and it's characters, as well as the Mirage world. Granted it may have been too much to be really as good as it was (not as tightly coherent a story I mean), but it would have been cool.

That's it - somebody get their fanfic pencils out. I demand 'Turtles Forever: The Fan's Cut'!
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.