The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,677
So how weird was it....

...that today was the first Saturday without TMNT for the last 5-6 years? Man it felt so empty... at least I still had DBZ Kai.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Well I generally don't watch the reruns of TMNT on TV (I have the DVDs for that), so I haven't watched since Turtles Forever aired for the first time.

Nick will be airing the 2k3 series very soon, so it doesn't matter.

But yeah, Saturday Mornings aren't a big deal like they were in the 90's anyway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I couldn't tell ya. I usually go to sleep just before it comes on (I have a f*cked up insomniac-esque sleep schedule) so I never could stick to a weekly wake-up time to watch it. I hadn't watched it on saturday mornings since like, the second season first aired.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #4
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
I think the last Saturday that the Turtles were not on Saturday mornings, was on 02/01/03. That's because the following Saturday, 02/08/03, TMNT 2k3 premiere 'Things Change' premiered.
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:38 PM   #5
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
I never really got to see 2K3 because I either fell asleep before it came on, or was working, but my mom watched it "for me", lol! She called me yesterday at work and said she couldn't find Turtles and it struck me - they're not on the air! So I told her so but said hopefuly Nick will start showing 2K3 next year. (I don't have Nicktoons, so I'm really hoping it airs on Nick as well!)
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
dizcoduck
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Estero, FL
Posts: 84
I hardly ever watched them on Saturday. Always DVRd them and watched them back by Sunday most of the time.
dizcoduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:22 AM   #7
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
It's probably been at least two years since I've seen TMNT on Saturday mornings.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #8
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, it felt weird for me too since I have nothing to watch on Saturdays anymore. Oh well, I'll be able to survive and move on. At least I have some of the DVDs, and that's reassuring since I can watch them whenever I want to.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
2k3 got me excited to get up and watch cartoons again, even as a grown adult. Too bad it's gone. I don't think Nick can recreate the feeling we all got back in Feb. 2003 when we first saw Things Change for the first time. It was special.
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #10
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Well, for me, "Meet Casey Jones" was the first ep I saw. But, yeah, I agree with that. Still, at least we'll be able to have TMNT in some form rather than no Turtles at all.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:15 PM   #11
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,131
does anyone know for sure when Nick will start airing it?
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #12
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
I kind of haven't watched 4kids for a while, so in my view it isn't weird at all.

The last time I watched 4kids was for the turtles forever, and before that, I watched the first premier ep of the BTTS (randomly switched the channel on time for it), I wasn't watching tv the year or so when FF premiered so I missed that entire season on tv, I think I was only a 4kids fan mainly while seasons 1-2 were playing I pretty much never watched that channel after that.
Confused the crap out of me when randomly I saw an ep of turtles in freakin space, or with super powers.

Man I am one crappy tmnt fan.
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:26 PM   #13
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle View Post
2k3 got me excited to get up and watch cartoons again, even as a grown adult. Too bad it's gone. I don't think Nick can recreate the feeling we all got back in Feb. 2003 when we first saw Things Change for the first time. It was special.
Yeah, agreed. When I first watched Fox advertising FoxBox and I saw TMNT I literally Jizzed in my pants!"Not Really! 12YR olds can't jizz in their paints." I was so excited I could barely contain my self.

And I am sorry if I have been silent. I am in college as a freshman and I just got a girlfriend so I am busy at the moment. I will try to keep posting as much as Possible.

LONG LIVE TMNT!
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:51 PM   #14
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Yeah, agreed. When I first watched Fox advertising FoxBox and I saw TMNT I literally Jizzed in my pants!"Not Really! 12YR olds can't jizz in their paints." I was so excited I could barely contain my self.

And I am sorry if I have been silent. I am in college as a freshman and I just got a girlfriend so I am busy at the moment. I will try to keep posting as much as Possible.

LONG LIVE TMNT!
Well I was in college, 2nd semester freshman when 2k3 started up. Good lord, I'm getting old!
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:53 PM   #15
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
I was finishing up High School when the 2k3 series premiered. Fun times.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:21 AM   #16
Ecto Jedi
Denki Wo Kitte Kudasai
 
Ecto Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,439
I was in the tenth grade when 2k3 premiered. Doesn't seem like that long ago.
Ecto Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #17
Psypher39
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 46
i remember when the 2k3 series came out i told my self i would watch every episode... but the fast forward stuff just got me out of it then when they added the eyes to match the movie it really just put me off. im sure i missed some good shows in there.
__________________
Selling my whole TMNT collection check out my blog to see what i have>>>> tmnt-toys.blogspot.com
Psypher39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 12:27 PM   #18
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
...that today was the first Saturday without TMNT for the last 5-6 years? Man it felt so empty... at least I still had DBZ Kai.
Today is Sunday, ya jackwagon!
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:42 PM   #19
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I was in college when 2K3 premiered and heard about it from my friend.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.