The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #1
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior
 
wilddiverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 698
Confusing Comments on TMNT Cine-Manga

I think I understand what this is, but just to be sure...

In trying to determine whether the Tokyopop Cine-Manga TMNT: It's A Shell Of A Town is something I want. I've googled it along with searching the threads here.

It sounds like it's just cartoon stills with dialogue balloons, therefore nothing I care to spend $4 for, but several user reviews here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/159...F8&me=&seller=
make it sound like a gore-fest? It seems like the reviews for Bodycount somehow wound up under the Cine-Manga, but I was hoping someone here can verify.

I wouldn't want to pass up a Kevin Eastman TMNT gore-fest, would I?
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:33 PM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
What the F*ck? Ha, those are in fact the Bodycount reviews...

Last edited by Powder; 09-18-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:40 AM   #3
Buffy
Mad Scientist
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: where am I?
Posts: 1,472
I have this book at home: it is just cartoon stills with dialogue balloons.
__________________



Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
TMNT? Adult? Gore? I just purchased it.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardorebirth View Post
TMNT? Adult? Gore? I just purchased it.
Too bad you won't see anything adult or gorey.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #6
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Either way, thankies for the link to this, wilddiverse. I've been loking for this book like forever!

And it's affordable, too! An EXTRA bonus!!!
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior
 
wilddiverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 698
I've gotten good at finding cheap books using this internet thing. Don't want to reveal all my tricks but as a rule I recommend checking Amazon's Used Seller prices before bidding on eBay. There's a crazy amount of decent stuff for $.01 + shipping, just pay attention to their descriptions.
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:09 PM   #8
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I have that book. It was a free give away. I asked about it on here awhile ago if you search for the topic you might still find it.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #9
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Honestly, the book is a piece of crap. As stated above, its pretty much just stills taken from the 2k3 show, with speech bubbles over the top. It collects Things Change and The Unconvincing Turtle Titan.
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:01 PM   #10
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior
 
wilddiverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 698
Yeah, I'd read the previous threads related to this book and it sounded like a complete waste to me, but that amazon listing gave me pause so I asked for definite answers from those who would know.

I didn't want to miss out on a adult-aimed TMNT manga from Kevin Eastman, but if such a thing existed, it would be completely out of character for me to not have known about it already.

Thanks for the verifications, all. And happy to have pointed anyone who wants this in their collection to a low price.
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #11
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilddiverse View Post
I've gotten good at finding cheap books using this internet thing. Don't want to reveal all my tricks but as a rule I recommend checking Amazon's Used Seller prices before bidding on eBay. There's a crazy amount of decent stuff for $.01 + shipping, just pay attention to their descriptions.
Yeah, me, too. I love it!

And I do. Sometimes, though, I find NEW stuff for cheap, too, so I USUALLY get the NEW one, UNLESS the price on the USED copy is just TOO good to pass up.

And yes, there is! I've gotten a TON of cool stuff for that price!
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:19 AM   #12
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior
 
wilddiverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 698
Wait... this thing had two printings?
http://www.amazon.ca/Its-Shell-Town-...7937610&sr=1-3
and http://www.amazon.ca/Teenage-Mutant-...7937610&sr=1-2
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #13
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Turtle books on Amazon are so f***ed up. You see the wrong reviews in several listing.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #14
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior
 
wilddiverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 698
Agreed.

Though in this case, both listings have covers with "It's A Shell of a Town" printed on the cover and both have copies available for sale. (Unlike the TMNT Cine-Manga v2-3 that are listed without covers or available copies. Stupid advanced solicitation errors.)
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #15
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior
 
Abnormal Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 779
Dunno what it is about Amazon, but they keep listing different books under a single title's "format" (toward the top, shows the different bindings). It's not just Turtles comics, but...just about all comics save for the popular ones. Trying to find the right Record of Lodoss War manga collections was a pain, because they'd list multiple books under the same listing but different binding. Huh?
Abnormal Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #16
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
i'm going to get this. another addition to my manga collection
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:47 PM   #17
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior
 
wilddiverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
i'm going to get this. another addition to my manga collection
Well, just so you're aware-- it's not manga so much as it is screenshots of an episode of the 2003 cartoon series with word balloons.

I recommend picking it up for a penny plus shipping on amazon.
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #18
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
so it's not read like traditional manga then? oh well. i'll look into it. where's it listed for a penny plus shipping on amazon?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #19
wilddiverse
Stone Warrior
 
wilddiverse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago-ish
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
where's it listed for a penny plus shipping on amazon?
...

Try the amazon links posted earlier in this thread? Copies offered for $.01 in both US and Canada.
wilddiverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #20
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
ah well, no matter just bought it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

does it read like tradional manga?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.