The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Were you surprised that Hun and Baxter lasted through the shows entire run?

When we were in Season 1, I honestly thought both Hun and Baxter would be done away with by the time it ended.

Baxter had lost his entire body and I thought there was nothing more that could be done with him. Hun also seemed like he was originally going to serve as nothing more than Shredder's second in command, something I thought would be finished after, "Return to New York," ended.

Hun and Baxter actually lasted all the way through Season 7, pretty much the shows entire run. I honestly never expected them to keep coming back and getting as much focus as they did.

I always thought it was because they were recognizable villains to children, and kids always want to see the same bad guys return and get beaten again and again, (like Bebop and Rocksteady), so they were kept throughout 7 years.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:37 AM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
No, I wasn't surprised in regards to Hun. Right from the start I felt he had alot of presence & would likely be a mainstay. However, Baxter I expected to be done away with quickly. Eventually it was no longer a surprise when he'd return because much like the Shredder he was overused to a sickening extent.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Rise1184
Hench Mutant
 
Rise1184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great Valley
Posts: 260
Yes, I was, but not really.. Seeing how I wasn't following the series until now, its cool to actually see the characters I haven't seen before since the OT.
__________________


"He's wrong.. We're NOT wearing costumes."

Last edited by Rise1184; 09-23-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Rise1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quit making dead threads Rise! What's dead should stay dead. Do it again, and we'll lock you in the thread so it can eat your brain first.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
Rise1184
Hench Mutant
 
Rise1184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great Valley
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Quit making dead threads Rise! What's dead should stay dead. Do it again, and we'll lock you in the thread so it can eat your brain first.
Wow, what the hell is that about? lol Okay.. Easy there pal.
__________________


"He's wrong.. We're NOT wearing costumes."

Last edited by Rise1184; 09-25-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Rise1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:52 PM   #6
Don A. Tello
New Recruit
 
Don A. Tello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 4
There was a time that even Baxter was surprised he lived so long. I think at one point he said, "Why won't you let me rest in piece?" or something like that. Poor soul.

As for Hun, you can never leave out the big dude in a show. I'll be honest that he lost some cred after that "Warcraft" episode on BTTS lol.
__________________
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything, but make sure that what you stand for doesn't have YOU fall. - Me
Don A. Tello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #7
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by rise1184 View Post
wow, what the hell is that about? Lol okay.. Easy there pal.
the time has come..... TO RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSE!!!!!
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 09-25-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
Rise1184
Hench Mutant
 
Rise1184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great Valley
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
the time has come..... TO RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSE!!!!!
lol I really love the part in the movie!!
__________________


"He's wrong.. We're NOT wearing costumes."
Rise1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #9
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
I kinda was Surprised. I thought Baxter would have been dealt with at the end of Return to New York. Hun I had thought would have been off'd by Shredder once Karai became his second in command.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #10
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
I wasn't surprised that either of them lasted as long as they did or were used to the extent that they were.

Hun was created for the show by someone else, but Laird said at one point that he was very fond of the character, and so they probably used Hun as long as they did/as much as they did because of Laird's say in the production. Baxter, being an original Mirage character, had a lot of potential and worked really well alongside any character he intereacted with in my opinion (April O' Neil, Ch'rell, Hun, Karai, Chaplin, Bishop, etc). I wouldn't mind seeing either character come back for the new show when Viacom does it and wouldn't be surprised at all...for those of you who were annoyed by them in 2K3, you'll probably be super-annoyed if dumbed down versions of them that are more "kid safe" show up in Viacom's cartoon.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:39 AM   #11
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
Not really about Hun.

Baxter a little, since he keeps getting more and more androided and deformed.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:57 PM   #12
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
I'm still surprised that they got away with all the stuff that the Utrom Shredder did to Baxter. I know they didn't show a lot of it but pretty dark, intense stuff for a kids show.
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.