The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Fan Creations > Fan Works Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2003, 02:08 PM   #1
Donatello
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ny
Posts: 565
Future Don [fanart]

hey guys tell me what ya think of this, i'm submitting it into that toys r us art contest, i probably won't win, but hell i probably woulda done this pic anyway. it's donein pencil, then inked
and colored w/ gel pen. it's cool the gelpen almost makes it look like i painted it

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/turlem/Donatello.jpg


i also cut part of it for my avatar i was really resistant to change my avatar, so many people change their's all the time it;'s hard to keep track, but i decided to change mine to my original artwork
__________________
"There's no way to describe what I do. It's just me." -Andy Kaufman (my biggest inspiration, the TMNT being a close second)
Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 02:10 PM   #2
The Defibrillator
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Dee Eff Dubble You
Posts: 1,631
hey donatello, do you know when the deadline is for the art contest?
__________________
My newest signature.
The Defibrillator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 02:12 PM   #3
Donatello
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ny
Posts: 565
april 19th,

so what do ya think?
__________________
"There's no way to describe what I do. It's just me." -Andy Kaufman (my biggest inspiration, the TMNT being a close second)
Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 02:43 PM   #4
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Cool... I like your picture! Your style is very much your own, indeed. What did you use to color it with too? Gel markers and crayons? I like that too.
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 02:43 PM   #5
Nickokapo
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Argentina
Posts: 5,800
Ah i never used gelpens i think, but they look pretty cool.
I also like his bo, tho it's kinda long
__________________
Nickokapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 02:48 PM   #6
Donatello
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ny
Posts: 565
thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseTechie
Cool... I like your picture! Your style is very much your own, indeed. What did you use to color it with too? Gel markers and crayons? I like that too.
i used the gel pens, the finer point ones. at first the green i used was too dark,(it looked like mike's shade from the toys) but i added yellow to it and it came out ok


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickokapo
Ah i never used gelpens i think, but they look pretty cool.
I also like his bo, tho it's kinda long
yeah, i was kinda unsure as to where to stop the bo,oh well
__________________
"There's no way to describe what I do. It's just me." -Andy Kaufman (my biggest inspiration, the TMNT being a close second)
Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:09 PM   #7
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Cool drawing....Good luck in the contest.....
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:25 PM   #8
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Man, I love the Future Turtle story Archie did! Good work.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #9
Donatello
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ny
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael
Man, I love the Future Turtle story Archie did! Good work.

yeah, i loved how don & raph looked, i never knew the story of mike & leo til recently, and i came up with a fanfic idea for their story, even though they have a story, i'm still gonna do mine


thanks for the compliments everyone, i''m gonna post some more fanart i did once i get it scanned
__________________
"There's no way to describe what I do. It's just me." -Andy Kaufman (my biggest inspiration, the TMNT being a close second)
Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 08:08 PM   #10
Kaejae
Random Punk
 
Kaejae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 44
*sniff sniff* I want to enter. Argh. If only I lived in the USA. NoooOOOooo. We just had to move to Canada. *spits on the snow*


I really like the coloring, if you didn't mention gel pens, I never would have thought you would have used them in this pic.
__________________

Nite Fevah!
Kaejae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 08:51 PM   #11
CookSux
Stone Warrior
 
CookSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sparta
Posts: 928
I used to be from Canada... nothing really going on there really.
CookSux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:26 PM   #12
Donatello
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ny
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaejae
I really like the coloring, if you didn't mention gel pens, I never would have thought you would have used them in this pic.

yeah, i'm really not much of a colorist, all my other fanart's are pencil w/o color, but the gelpens came out really cool looking,it almost looks like paint
__________________
"There's no way to describe what I do. It's just me." -Andy Kaufman (my biggest inspiration, the TMNT being a close second)
Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 09:29 PM   #13
Caliosidhe
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 95
Thats a cool pic! Future Don was so cool

Do you know if there's an age limit on the contest?
__________________
I'm being punished, aren't I?
Caliosidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 10:01 PM   #14
Donatello
Stone Warrior
 
Donatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ny
Posts: 565
yeah, age has to 18 & under, i'm 17 so i just make it
__________________
"There's no way to describe what I do. It's just me." -Andy Kaufman (my biggest inspiration, the TMNT being a close second)
Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.