The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Shredder Fan Thread

Alright guy's this may have already been done but I did not see it anywhere and plus we got a Raph fan page so I thought why not, let's do ole tin face cause I absolutely love Shredder. So... let's just talk about him in general in example, why you like him? What you don't like about him? How does he stand up against other comic book and cartoon and movie villains? Etc etc.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
technicalfoul
Random Punk
 
technicalfoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 49
I don't like how he's such a wimp in the classic series. I think Shredder should be a force to be reckoned with (like in the movie or the 2003 series) not someone who runs away as soon as the turtles show up. He should be able to take on the four turtles by himself, and if he can't, at least be able to easily beat them with the help of Bebop and Rocksteady. He would use those pods or a portal and just leave. I like how they handled him in the 2003 series. He's not out stealing things all the time, he has minions for that. He's above being a common thief, but he's not afraid to come out and get his hands dirty either. He's less of a joke and far more intimidating.
technicalfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Yeah i agree with you. I liked how him and Krang put the comedy into the OT but that's about it. But in the 1st movie that's when i really came to like Shredder, that's how i always seen him being.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #4
Voidoid
Stone Warrior
 
Voidoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 625
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTKyXcNA-nM
Voidoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Lmao! That's funny! Iv never seen that video. Thanks for posting that.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
More of these threads oh well got to do somthing while we waiting for turtles in 2012. Shredder is my second fav villain Bishop is my first lol.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:44 PM   #7
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
I guess one of the biggest things i like about Shredder is his costume. I mean that's just so different compared to other things. I mean not in my wildest dreams could i come up with a costume like that for a character.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #8
technicalfoul
Random Punk
 
technicalfoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 49
His costume is one thing I actually do like about OT Shredder.
technicalfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:42 PM   #9
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Well I agree, but I was just meaning in general. They did an awesome job in Movie 1 with his costume. And in Movie II a even better job on the Super Shredder costume.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #10
technicalfoul
Random Punk
 
technicalfoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 49
I know what you meant, I was just saying that was my favourite part about OT Shredder. The other costumes were cool, but the other incarnations of Shredder had more going for them than their costume.
technicalfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #11
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Oh yeah I agree 100% with ya man!
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:36 AM   #12
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
I love OT Shredder, though I can definitely see why people wouldn't like him as a villain. He really is pretty ineffective...heck, he had Team Rocket syndrome before Team Rocket was even created. XD
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #13
technicalfoul
Random Punk
 
technicalfoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 49
^ That's a good comparison. Both villains work for comic relief but are utter failures as actual villains xD
technicalfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #14
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
I like the Shredder concept at first comic...he is really a bad-one with a great story at back!

About OT Shredder, he was very funny for me!! I remember the episode where Shredder get the Michelangelo personality coming to the lair with some pizzas and I almost roll for the ground laughing!!...Im agree with Gyt Kaliba about Team Rocket syndrome!!!
... Im not really a big fan from bad characters.... I like them as The nemesis of the good -guys!....
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #15
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
^^ I agree although to be fair Team Rocket and Shredder were real threats in their first handful of appearances. Anyway I liked all of Shredder's incarnations for different reasons.
My favorite thus far would have to be the first Movie incarnation. Although the movie had some questionable changes made from the comics and cartoon, one thing that I think they got right was their treatment of the Shredder. He was behind everything that the Foot did and no one really knew what he was capable of, as the movie progressed we got to see how vicious he was to Splinter and how he became the Shredder. Plus he wasn't afraid of the "freaks" and probably would have killed Leo if Splinter hadn't gotten there.

Pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:41 PM   #16
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post

Pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes
Hi!!! I need a traslate for that sentence!!! I dont get it!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #17
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
I agree although to be fair Team Rocket and Shredder were real threats in their first handful of appearances.
True, both sets of villains there were just over-used over time and became gag gimmicks. Though, who doesn't love a good gag-villain from time to time?

Quote:
My favorite thus far would have to be the first Movie incarnation. Although the movie had some questionable changes made from the comics and cartoon, one thing that I think they got right was their treatment of the Shredder. He was behind everything that the Foot did and no one really knew what he was capable of, as the movie progressed we got to see how vicious he was to Splinter and how he became the Shredder. Plus he wasn't afraid of the "freaks" and probably would have killed Leo if Splinter hadn't gotten there.
Yeah, he was definitely a good villain there. I liked that for that movie they didn't go with a goofy Shredder...actually, for any live-action version, the OT Shredder would just be...ugh-able to me. Maybe that's another reason I didn't like Next Mutation much, their take on Shredder (what little he was used) was...wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzmagica View Post
Hi!!! I need a traslate for that sentence!!! I dont get it!!
It's a line from James Avery when he played Uncle Phil in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, put to Shredder footage.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:08 PM   #18
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Face View Post
lol! comic gold
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #19
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuriken View Post
^^ I agree although to be fair Team Rocket and Shredder were real threats in their first handful of appearances. Anyway I liked all of Shredder's incarnations for different reasons.
My favorite thus far would have to be the first Movie incarnation. Although the movie had some questionable changes made from the comics and cartoon, one thing that I think they got right was their treatment of the Shredder. He was behind everything that the Foot did and no one really knew what he was capable of, as the movie progressed we got to see how vicious he was to Splinter and how he became the Shredder. Plus he wasn't afraid of the "freaks" and probably would have killed Leo if Splinter hadn't gotten there.

Pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes
I agree 100% That's what really got me into Shredder, it def was not the OT cause he was just to dam funny, lol! I am hoping that in the new movie he is just as dark as he was in the first 1990 movie! Maybe even darker.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.