The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Should they used 2k3 characters in the nickelodeon cartoon.?
Yes, I want to see them in the nickelodeon cartoon. 24 75.00%
No, I want to see only 80's toon characters in the nickelodeon cartoon. 8 25.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 04:55 AM   #1
Keldor1578
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 265
Should they used 2k3 characters in the nickelodeon cartoon.?

I would like to see couple of characters from the 2k3 cartoon to be the nickelodeon
Keldor1578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:04 AM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Nah. I can live without every single character they created. Besides, that's what 2k3 is for. You wanna see those characters, watch that show.
New series, (hopefully) new characters. By new I mean I'd love it if they used characters that didn't make it into any of the cartoons.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:15 AM   #3
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
I dont matter to see some 2k3 Characters at new series...
Why not? It could be funny and a tribute ...
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:18 AM   #4
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
Yeah, but if they use characters from either the old cartoon or the original comics, then some characters will come back. It's inevitable any way. You'll still get Baxter, Shredder, April..etc. So if 3K3 characters will appear then they'll probably be characters from the comics.

It's very unlikely that Nick will re-use Drako, Ultimate Ninja and the Underground Monsters for example, but I wouldn't mind seeying Usagi, Renette and Savanti Romero in the new Nick toon!
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Hun and Bishop seem the most likely characters that Nick would use. Hun himself is also in the Mirage comics, so its not out of the question to see him again.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keldor1578 View Post
Should they used 2k3 characters in the nickelodeon cartoon.?
Absolutely not! To use Don, Raph, Leo, Mikey, Splinter, Shredder, Baxter, April or Casey would just be too easy and creatively bankrupt. How lame would that be?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #7
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
No!

Outside of the Characters that appeared in both the OT and 2K3 (such as the Turtles, Casey, and April), I really hope we DON'T see the 2K3 characters again so soon....WE JUST SAW THEM A FEW YEARS AGO! Please, PLEASE stick to the OT, Archie, and playmates characters! As I've said in other threads, these characters haven't been seen in ages, and would be a whole new interesting bunch to draw in the young viewers Nick is hoping to attract. (And give playmetsa the ability to reuse a bunch of thier TMNT figure molds from the 80's- with slight tweaks to make them look more modern.)
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 01-21-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:20 AM   #8
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
I'd say use any character you can... Whatever makes for a good show!

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Nah. I can live without every single character they created. Besides, that's what 2k3 is for. You wanna see those characters, watch that show.
New series, (hopefully) new characters. By new I mean I'd love it if they used characters that didn't make it into any of the cartoons.
i agree
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #10
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
I want them to have the same kind of Usagi as they had before, I feel he could've been the same character in both new an old TMNT. But I'd like to see more new characters in a new series. In my opinion the new Leatherhead for example was a new character, cause we had never seen him like that in a cartoon. If they have Shredder as a main antagonist, I want him to be like a mix of the original from comics and the 2k3 one, a real threat who is a human. One reason I like more of the 2k3 series and it's characters, is because they are more like the ones in original comic (which I learned as I watched the 2k3 series ) and more serious in all.
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #11
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Sure I really want this new show to be the ultimate tmnt.
A mixed bag of everything, and anything goes.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #12
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
They have 25 years of characters why limit themselves at all? If they can find a way to fit the character in I see no harm in it. When they start shoehorning characters in for giggles however then I'll take issue with it.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #13
shuriken
Second City Shinobi
 
shuriken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
Sure. Hun and Bishop would be my top choices. Why not do a mash up of universes? Of course I'd like original characters for the show but it's be nice to have the best of all universes in one. like how Smash Up was suppose to be.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them
shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #14
Fugitoid Jones
Stone Warrior
 
Fugitoid Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: D'hoonib, VT
Posts: 886
I'm all for a mash up as well. Something that pays homage to everything that has come before. Because there are fans of every TMNT entity, and it would be nice to throw each of them a bone, and not just please the Mirage fans or the OT fans or the Playmates fans.
__________________

"You are right, I have always known about man. From the evidence, I believe his wisdom must walk hand and hand with his idiocy. His emotions must rule his brain. He must be a warlike creature who gives battle to everything around him, even himself."
-Dr. Zaius
Fugitoid Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:59 AM   #15
Walkabout
Stone Warrior
 
Walkabout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 556
Im hoping the nick toon is OT/playmates universe with a more serious (2k3) approach.
Elements of the mirage/2k3 universes for sure-
*splinter isnt yoshi,
* stockman as an african american (have the fly be a jeckyl&hyde thing)
* Krang as an utrom ala chrell,
*Hun as the head of the purple dragons street gang,and not have them so explicitly tied to the foot. More of his own boss (or so it seems) not the right hand man surrounded by foot ninjas,Id have Karai more in that role.
Walkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #16
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Sure I really want this new show to be the ultimate tmnt.
A mixed bag of everything, and anything goes.
Well said. As a fan of all things turtles, my main hope for the new toon is for it just to kick to shell.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:09 AM   #17
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Sure I really want this new show to be the ultimate tmnt.
A mixed bag of everything, and anything goes.
I agree. It would be interesting to see characters like Rocksteady and Bebop interacting with characters like Bishop. Both Rat Kings have a lot of potential, a hybrid of the two would be really marketable in my opinion.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:27 AM   #18
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Please iduldge me for a moment and see if you follow what I'm getting at.

I'm a cook, everyday we make more food then we end up serving. Now we could waist it and get rid of it but sometime what we make hasn't been cooked all the way or if it has we can use for something else. The best example of this at my place of work is that we use the leftover meatloaf to make the sloppy joe. We take something that was good by its self and make it something awesome. Our Sloppy Joe kicks all kinds of butt.

I guess that is what I'd like to see them take what came before and make something new and exciting.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #19
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
^^ Interesting analogy, but... Who's ever heard of a sloppy joe that doesn't kick butt?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:18 PM   #20
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
Yeah, but if they use characters from either the old cartoon or the original comics, then some characters will come back. It's inevitable any way. You'll still get Baxter, Shredder, April..etc. So if 3K3 characters will appear then they'll probably be characters from the comics.
What is 3K3?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.