The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
agliarept
Hench Mutant
 
agliarept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 475
Mondotees new TMNT movie posters

Howdy,

saw this a few days ago, didn't see anyone mention it but thought you folks may like it. seems Mondo had artist Jeff proctor create these nice looking Ninja Turtles posters for sale. I like the green version myself just not sure why the all silver one is a variant? dunno they look cool what do u folks think?

http://www.mondotees.com/TMNT_p_236.html
http://www.mondotees.com/TMNT-Variant_p_235.html
agliarept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
You realize they're sold out, right?

Unfortunately, for anyone who wants these, the ebay prices are BONKERS.

I think the art is pretty rad though, true to its source.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 10:06 AM   #3
agliarept
Hench Mutant
 
agliarept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 475
yea there def sold out on their site. just bought the green version and debating on the "Variant" version right now. the prices on ebay are up there but not too bad for what usual Mondo posters go for. some guy at my office collects the star wars ones and has paid up to 400 or more for just one. that's nuts lol.
agliarept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
There are high res versions if you go over the pic, can anyone with enough html knowhow rip the hi-res version and post 'em??
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:47 PM   #5
agliarept
Hench Mutant
 
agliarept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 475
here you go.



here's the variant as well.

agliarept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
wow those are awesome.

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
Wow cool Turtle pics.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #8
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Was kinda hoping it was a shirt. That is super cool. Sold out to fast though. Maybe they'll do more.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 12:58 AM   #9
supermanbp
Random Punk
 
supermanbp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 39
Wow, just checked ebay. Those prices really are ridiculous. I love the artwork and layout though, and I personally prefer the one with the green in it.
__________________
supermanbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 01:07 AM   #10
Raph
Mad Scientist
 
Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Netherlands, Rotterdam
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by agliarept View Post
here you go.
Hey Agliarept, thanks so much..I tried to figure it out, but couldn't find it.
Thanks so much for this!
__________________
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #11
agliarept
Hench Mutant
 
agliarept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 475
Hey Raph no worries. You just have to right click on any image and choose the image link or code and past that here in the forum.

did anyone else score of these babies? I figure its gonna be a pain to have this framed no?
agliarept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:48 PM   #12
d_osborn
Mad Scientist
 
d_osborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 1,425
the monotone variant is printed with metallic inks. i'm sure it looks pretty wild in person.

they sold out in two minutes. all 155 standard prints and 55 variant prints. mondo has a huge following, which unfortunately doesn't jive well with their extremely limited runs. unless you were waiting by the computer all morning, monitoring a live twitter feed and email updates...AND had extremely good luck, you didn't stand a chance.


Quote:
Originally Posted by agliarept View Post
did anyone else score of these babies? I figure its gonna be a pain to have this framed no?
i picked up the standard version on ebay that afternoon... unfortunately, at 3X the price. it sucks, but as the wise curtis blow once said, thems the breaks.

it's a standard 24x36... it shouldn't be hard to have framed at all. pretty much any place that sells photo/poster frames will carry 24x36.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #13
Sword Slicin' Leo
Stone Warrior
 
Sword Slicin' Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 11th & Bleeker
Posts: 763
Badass..my new droid wallpaper
Sword Slicin' Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #14
agliarept
Hench Mutant
 
agliarept's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 475
yea i did read about the metallic inks on the variant i could imagine that would looks pretty awesome. I can't wait to get mine and frame it with my turtle wall.

I would have loved if this had april, Tatsu and the foot too!
agliarept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #15
Leogeddon
Stone Warrior
 
Leogeddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 502
Amazing posters, too bad we can't get them.
__________________

Click me for group discussion!
Leogeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #16
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier
 
Cheesebrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 206
I've just got back from the London Film and Comic Con and had the chance to buy the variant version of this poster. In the end I didn't go for it as I much prefer the standard version with the bit of green colouring in it (unfortunately they'd sold the last one of these a few weeks earlier - arghhh!!!) . Plus I still have a set of 4 Alamo poster prints of each individual turtle that I bought this time last year and still haven't got them framed yet!

Maybe I'll mull it over tonight and if they still have it I can buy it mail order in a few days time if I decide I made the wrong choice.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great piece of art but I prefer the colour one and I don't want to be looking at this one thinking "it's nice but I like the other one I don't have better!"
Cheesebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #17
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
can someone explain to me WHY these things are so expensive?
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #18
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
can someone explain to me WHY these things are so expensive?
I guess the question is: How many were printed?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:17 AM   #19
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier
 
Cheesebrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 206
There were 155 made of the standard version (with the green colour in it) and only 55 of the variant version.

Also note that these aren't your ordinary poster. They are hand made silk-screen prints on very high quality paper. The ink looks incredible (in some cases metallic) and they really are pieces of art rather than plain old mass produced machine posters. I don't think any photograph posted here could truly demonstrate the difference in quality - once you see them in person the difference is amazing.
Cheesebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:24 AM   #20
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
The green one version looks so nice!

...Maybe Is there any chance in a time they will released a second series/prints????
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.