The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 05:17 AM   #1
Ninja Turtles 25 Years
Temp Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 225
City At War - 2003 Series

What is the name of that really cool song at the beginning of the City At War Part 1 episode from the 2003 series? I want to try to download it rather than extracting it off the DVD and making an MP3 out of it.
Ninja Turtles 25 Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
k_lala
Hench Mutant
 
k_lala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaANwc8Kvqc
k_lala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
"Midnight Run" was available in full from iTunes and Amazon digital downloads at one point.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:14 AM   #4
Ninja Turtles 25 Years
Temp Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 225
I had a hunch it was called "Midnight Run." I did try to do a search on iTunes, and got results that when I played a demo, those songs were awful. Maybe this will help narrow it down. Who performed "Midnight Run" from City At War (1)? This maybe risky for me to say, but do you think maybe one of those downloading managers like FrostWire (LimeWire is gone and so is Morpheus)?
Ninja Turtles 25 Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:27 AM   #5
Ninja Turtles 25 Years
Temp Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_lala View Post
Thank you for the URL. I downloaded the YouTube clip, and now have the MP3 for it.
Ninja Turtles 25 Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
Wildgoose
Foot Soldier
 
Wildgoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hinamizawa Village
Posts: 220
It was a song created only for that episode by 4kids....just like the other song in the episoed with April and the turtles in the insect jungle. I tried to find the artist too, but in the end I just downloaded by the youtube
Wildgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
They really went out of their way for the City at War Story-arc. Those episodes were amazing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:08 AM   #8
Ninja Turtles 25 Years
Temp Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 225
Well I trust the YouTube link provided above, because the song is a minute, 40, but when I extracted it off my DVD copy, it's 1:20. So I think it's a full song, even though it does have Leonardo and Raphael speaking in the background. Either way, a 1:40 song is better than my 1:20 clip.

Oh yes, "April's Artifact" song. It's funny, I watched the entire 2003 series last week, and I don't remember a thing about "April's Artifact" song. I do remember in the past not liking it as much as "Midnight Run."
Ninja Turtles 25 Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #9
Wildgoose
Foot Soldier
 
Wildgoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hinamizawa Village
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Turtles 25 Years View Post

Oh yes, "April's Artifact" song. It's funny, I watched the entire 2003 series last week, and I don't remember a thing about "April's Artifact" song. I do remember in the past not liking it as much as "Midnight Run."

yeah, it wasnt that good as midnight run....somewhat boring I would say
Wildgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #10
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Both were horrible and completely out of place. Especially in the context of "City At War". Set the bar for disappointment. That whole arc really didn't live up to it's full potential. COW should have been a season long story arc that was re-visited every couple of episodes with a huge finale at the end. It should have been a setting for a season instead of a weak 3 episode arc that barely grazed the surface of the original story, a story that changed the turtles lives forever. Lost too much punch and it wasn't censorship just poor writing.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #11
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
I didn't care much for that song, either (cheesy fake rock music like that belongs in Scooby-Doo and not TMNT).

Funny trivia: It was edited out of the Japanese broadcast of the series and replaced with a more appropriate, completely original instrumental song.

The Japanese dub of the 4Kids series wasn't especially great, but at least they had the foresight to get rid of that stupid song.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
That's hilarious because didn't they release a CD in Japan with that song on it?
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 04:42 AM   #13
Wildgoose
Foot Soldier
 
Wildgoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hinamizawa Village
Posts: 220
Still I liked the japanese op....I think it was better than the original 2k3 op....
Wildgoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:36 AM   #14
Ninja Turtles 25 Years
Temp Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 225
Amazing on how a forum topic changes and stays changed. First I was only curious about that opening music in City at War (1), and now we're talking about the Japanese.
Ninja Turtles 25 Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #15
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
re-hearing the song, it really do not fit CaW.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #16
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,188
Well since the topic is about the 2k3 songs, is there a clean version of what I call "TMNT theme"? It was first used in Fast Forward then in BTTS and at the end of Turtles Forever with the Mirage Turtles and for the promo for the turtles forever movie, here is the best version I could find:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64K4n...eature=related

Also was a BGM or OST ever released even unofficially? I'd love to hear some themes separately like april's theme and shredders and the foot elite etc.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.