The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Alouicious
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 41
DVD Playback Issues??

Hey to anyone with DVDs of the 2k3 cartoons,

Can you play them on your Vista-running computers with any media player? Nero ShowTime 3 (which I love for its easy screencapping capabilities) gives me "Playback is impossible because CSS copy protection failed" error messages. So I downloaded GOM Player, it said I was missing a codec, downloaded and installed that, and I get gobbledygook "last computer log entry in a survival-horror flick" audio and video. The DVD player program that comes with the bloody DVDs doesn't even install and play them properly. I can play them just fine on my Xbox 360...but I can't take screencaps on the 360 and therefore don't want to watch them on the 360. Windows Media Player also seems up to the task, but it's not conducive to easy screencapping.

So...uh...help? x.x
Alouicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:48 PM   #2
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
VLC has always worked fine for me, though I've never tried to actually watch those particular DVDs on my computer.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:27 PM   #3
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
My computer plays 2k3 series DVDs just fine, but I'm not running Vista. I have XP. I also use Cyberlink PowerDVD player to watch them and I have capped two whole episodes with the program.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Might be helpful if we knew where you are and what region DVDs you're trying to play. None of my 2K3 DVDs came with a software player. Still, I installed K-Lite Mega Codec Pack, and it allows you to play all videotypes I've come across except Bluray in Windows Media Player.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:27 PM   #5
Alouicious
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 41
@ Roseangelo: VLC will play the DVDs but it doesn't like me screencapping much at all. Things freeze up randomly and I'm trying to figure out why. I take it you've never had this issue with VLC before?

@ Leonardo Mystic: Cyberlink has a screencapping function? I didn't know that. Still, these DVDs don't install the Cyberlink that's supposed to come with them properly, so...yeah... Hmm...maybe if I try setting my Nero to run as though it were working on an XP machine. That trick works for some software glitches...

@ gobo: Alaska, so Region 1 DVD player and Region 1 DVDs. Can Windows Media Player make screenshots though? If it can the process doesn't appear to be intuitive.

Thanks for the suggestions everybody.
Alouicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:40 AM   #6
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alouicious View Post
@ gobo: Alaska, so Region 1 DVD player and Region 1 DVDs. Can Windows Media Player make screenshots though? If it can the process doesn't appear to be intuitive.
The codec pack I mentioned comes with an optional software player called Media Player Classic. While I don't recall if I ever took screencaps with WMP, I know I did with MPC.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #7
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alouicious View Post
@ Leonardo Mystic: Cyberlink has a screencapping function? I didn't know that. Still, these DVDs don't install the Cyberlink that's supposed to come with them properly, so...yeah... Hmm...maybe if I try setting my Nero to run as though it were working on an XP machine. That trick works for some software glitches...
Cyberlink was a gift to me from someone and I installed it on my computer. The DVDs don't come with their own player software. You have to choose a program, either WMP or some other player, on your computer to play media. I like Cyberlink because of the screencapping function. When I'm not screencapping, I prefer using Dell CinePlayer to watch. CinePlayer was already installed on my computer when I bought it.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.