The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Mike not having chucks?
I am very upset/bothered by it 21 28.00%
I am mildly annoyed with the decision, but I'll get used to it 30 40.00%
I'm quite please with the change 24 32.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,786
If Michelangelo does not use nunchucks in the new show, will you be angry?

I want to make a poll just to see the general consensus at the moment. For those of you who saw the first artwork of Nick's TMNT, Mike seems to once again not have his nunchucks.

I find it bizarre that Nick will not use them, when they will be airing reruns of the 4kids series on their network, and there's no way they'll actually bother to edit all of Mike's fight scenes in that series, so either way people will see Mike twirling chucks around on Nick regardless.

I don't like this one bit. Kids growing up with this incarnation of TMNT will not be aware that Mike is supposed to have nunchucks. He at least had them through 4 seasons of the original series, the videogames and old movies.

How do you feel about this?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I thought the other countries were done griping about nunchucks.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I picked nr3. But really I don't care that much, this early. It's a new version of TMNT, a whole new reboot, fresh universe a different continuity.
Bit surprise he's the only one who gets a different weapon, we'll see when the show airs. Maybe he'll have chucks despite the artwork.

This is a bit overblown
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:49 AM   #4
A little *too* Raph
Stone Warrior
 
A little *too* Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 561
I voted quite pleased because there wasn't an "indifferent" option. Yes it will be different to see him without the 'chucks, but from the videos I've seen the kusarigama operates similar to the 'chucks. And it still looks wicked, so yeah, not a big deal here.
__________________
- "You're a claustrophobic"
- "You want a fist in the mouth? I've never even looked at another guy"
A little *too* Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Option #4 - It doesn't matter at least the show is moving forward.
Fixed it for you...

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #6
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
The biggest Issue have with it, is hoe playmates are gonna make the weapons in toy-form. A toy Kusarigama need a chain (or string) to function.

It's too long to be in solid plastic like the 'chucks, and rubber was just not working with the chain weapon to the dark Assassin figure
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #7
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,176
I am somewhat surprised by the lack of outrage actually, and I do wish there was some so maybe it'd get the point across to Nick that they are important and not easily replaceable. I mean I'm sure a lot of discussion went into replacing his chucks and doubt we'd see them for a second season but hey we could at least try. I'd at least hope that we get to see in the new show that Mikey knows how to use chucks, whether we see them in the background of his room or maybe in a flashback or an episode where he uses them.

I think the fact that they gave him a badass weapon did make it easier for people to accept the change, also the fact that people expected the turtles to look like Rugrats for some reason and they don't so they don't see it as big of a negative. I already posted my opinion but yeah I'm upset and wish we'll get to see his chucks even if its in the background or one episode but the fact that I like his new weapon makes me not mind as much not to mention I really like the designs otherwise. I voted for very upset but thats only because I'd like to see them eventually and hope this isn't the end for Mikey's nunchucks forever but for the most part I'm ok with the new weapon.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
The biggest Issue have with it, is hoe playmates are gonna make the weapons in toy-form. A toy Kusarigama need a chain (or string) to function.

It's too long to be in solid plastic like the 'chucks, and rubber was just not working with the chain weapon to the dark Assassin figure
Well for Bandai's Knights of the Zodiac figures Andromeda's weapons are chains and they did make some plastic (or light diecast?) chains, it worked very well. I don't remember if they were diecast or plastic but they worked excellent.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I am somewhat surprised by the lack of outrage actually, and I do wish there was some so maybe it'd get the point across to Nick that they are important and not easily replaceable. I mean I'm sure a lot of discussion went into replacing his chucks and doubt we'd see them for a second season but hey we could at least try. I'd at least hope that we get to see in the new show that Mikey knows how to use chucks, whether we see them in the background of his room or maybe in a flashback or an episode where he uses them.
I hate to have to say this, but somehow I doubt Nick would care that much if every single 20+ aged Turtles fan was outraged and frothing at the mouth. We are not who they are selling the product to.

We used to have Mirage to write to and while it didn't change things, it at least was "a person" that was listening to us. Now we are have this huge corporation and while I am certain they appreciate we love the guys us complaining about something isn't going to be more then a blip in there radar.

I personally am happy the franchise actually looks like it is being taken seriously. I can't say I am cheering that changed Mike's weapon, but what if they change his weapon and then turn around and make him slightly less goofy and more like Mirage Mike... would the weapon mean as much to you then??
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior
 
deadpoolRKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I can't wait until i can have a custom user title
Posts: 782
i voted #2

just because some of my fav. scenes have been with mikey as a "chucker" , but i'll def. get over it.



mikey " ahh i fellow chucker ay ' ? "

( awesome foot ninja vs mikey chuck off ) lol
__________________

( TMNT Clothes , DVD's , Accesories , ect. )




Red Bubble ( My Tee Shirt Designs )
deadpoolRKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #10
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I can see Mikey fans getting upset, but to me it's not that big of a deal. My issue resides in how the writers fit the weapon change into the story and how they utilize his new gear.

Also, I think it's important to remember that just because we do not see nunchaku here does not mean that he doesn't have them in the show. You're basing this assumption off of one photo...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,389
I couldn't be bothered if Michelangelo used a jumprope in the show (I'm not watching), but it just tickles me that they swapped out the chuks.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:06 AM   #12
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,681
So... why did they give Mikey a weapon with a sharp blade.... if we know he won't be able to cut anything with it? It looks like the only person that will use his weapon to its full capacity will be Donatello.

and also, weapon change? how will it fit into in the story? This is a reboot. as far as they go, it might just be Mikey's weapon from day one, as well as the straps they all seem to be using.

BTW IMO with the small arms and legs and big hands and feet... they're the CGI movie turtles in cartoon form basically...
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #13
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
BTW IMO with the small arms and legs and big hands and feet... they're the CGI movie turtles in cartoon form basically...
I kind of see what you're saying, as Raph is that weird off-color green just like the CGI. I really wish they went back to the old toon colors, where Donny was that brownish-green and they were each a certain shade.

Either way though, I was never displeased with the CGI Turtles, so I don't really care that they resemble them.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #14
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
As long as they make an obvious nod or two to the history of Mikey with 'chuks (such as him stealing a Foot ninja's pair and beating their ass with 'em), I'll be fine with his awesome new weapon.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #15
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
I really wish they went back to the old toon colors
you mean the toy colors?
In the OT the pretty much got the same colors.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:30 AM   #16
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 737
Isn't it a little early to complain about this? What if Michelangelo does still have nunchucks, but not in this piece of art?

Either way, I'm not the target audience for this show, so they can do what they want. The old cartoon and Vol 1 of the Mirage comics is still "Ninja Turtles" as far as I'm concerned. Everything else is gravy.
cartoonistaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonistaaron View Post
Isn't it a little early to complain about this? What if Michelangelo does still have nunchucks, but not in this piece of art?
Which phase of denial are we at now? I get them mixed up sometimes.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #18
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,786
Since Season 1 is far into production, the only hope is he uses chucks in Season 2 or onward.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #19
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Which phase of denial are we at now? I get them mixed up sometimes.
We're all over the chart
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #20
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Not angry, just a little bit disapointed, just a bit!...anyway I´ll get us to it for sure soon!!! Its Not the first time Mike dont use nunchucks!!!...
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.