The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,387
Wait, so Mike's chuks have scythe blades in them and Don's staff is now bladed?

Sounds cool to me.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,479
I approve as well. What's with all these pacifist complaints anyway?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Does remind me a bit of that 2k3 episode, when they are fighting off some mousers.

Leonardo: Guys! The only way to stop them is to slice their heads off!
Michelangelo: Well, aint that great news, for the turtles with the BLADES!

I can just imagine Don thinking to himself: Hmm, that gives me an idea!


So yeah, all the better to slice up mousers (and pizzas) with...
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I find the pop-up blades silly, why not just give them a Naginata and a Kusarigama.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I've stated my love for it in every thread, but yeah, I love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwamu The Kappa View Post
I find the pop-up blades silly, why not just give them a Naginata and a Kusarigama.
'Cause fans love to complain.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #6
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I approve as well. What's with all these pacifist complaints anyway?
Plus I am assuming the guys are like 15/16 in the new show and even if someone wants to make an argument a certain character has pacifist tendency it would be far more likely these would develop as they got older anyway.

At least that's my take
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #7
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reira View Post
Plus I am assuming the guys are like 15/16 in the new show and even if someone wants to make an argument a certain character has pacifist tendency it would be far more likely these would develop as they got older anyway.

At least that's my take
Very good point, but werent they all 15/16?
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Very good point, but werent they all 15/16?
Well in the comics the guys aged over time and I personally felt any pacifist tendencies Don had grew with him as he aged.

In the beginning all the guys were all kinda about kicking butt.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #9
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
I've always felt that the Turtles should be adept at using weapons other than their preferenced ones (which is why I thought that "trade weapons" part of "What a Croc" was really cool), so to see them using similar-but-different weapons is fine with me. And besides, Mike has already used tonfa and a grappling line regular in previous incarnations. What's one more notch on his belt?

My only fear, as I addressed in another thread, is that if they give the Turtles with bludgeoning weapons bladed weapons, and they only end up fighting human oponents... All they'll ever be able to do is "cut down conveniently placed chandeliers" (the 4Kids series was surpringly lax in letting Mike and Don thwak their foes with their weapons).

So I hope they fight a lotta robots and actually get to use the sharp parts of their weapons to do something other than deflect lasers and cut rope.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:04 PM   #10
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
ive said it before and ill say it again i love the blades. Lets give the TMNT a fresh start.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I've always felt that the Turtles should be adept at using weapons other than their preferenced ones (which is why I thought that "trade weapons" part of "What a Croc" was really cool), so to see them using similar-but-different weapons is fine with me. And besides, Mike has already used tonfa and a grappling line regular in previous incarnations. What's one more notch on his belt?

My only fear, as I addressed in another thread, is that if they give the Turtles with bludgeoning weapons bladed weapons, and they only end up fighting human oponents... All they'll ever be able to do is "cut down conveniently placed chandeliers" (the 4Kids series was surpringly lax in letting Mike and Don thwak their foes with their weapons).

So I hope they fight a lotta robots and actually get to use the sharp parts of their weapons to do something other than deflect lasers and cut rope.
Yeah, that would be pretty awful. "The TMNT all have awesome weapons and now... watch as they... don't use them." If we go back to Krang and Bebop and all of that with armadas of robot Foot Soldiers and maybe Rock Soldiers, maybe not a problem. Sounds like that's probably the case.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #12
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I approve as well. What's with all these pacifist complaints anyway?
Welp, because Don's primarily a pacifist.

I can see what Reira is saying, how traits grow with age, and there is no doubt the early Turtles were very much about kicking butt. But even in the early series Donatello exhibits many pacifist tendencies. As early as issue #2 he is taking the back seat with fighting in favor of his computer skills (it is only Leo, Mike, and Raph who fight the mousers) and his one-shot shows him to be extremely sensitive. I always liked that Donny didn't have a blade...he used the simplest of weapons while being the most complex Turtle, at least in my opinion.

I guess I'm just anal, but I prefer Donny to stick with his plain old bo staff without a blade. However, I will also say I'm looking forward to seeing what Nick has up their sleeves...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
Welp, because Don's primarily a pacifist.

I can see what Reira is saying, how traits grow with age, and there is no doubt the early Turtles were very much about kicking butt. But even in the early series Donatello exhibits many pacifist tendencies. As early as issue #2 he is taking the back seat with fighting in favor of his computer skills (it is only Leo, Mike, and Raph who fight the mousers) and his one-shot shows him to be extremely sensitive. I always liked that Donny didn't have a blade...he used the simplest of weapons while being the most complex Turtle, at least in my opinion.

I guess I'm just anal, but I prefer Donny to stick with his plain old bo staff without a blade. However, I will also say I'm looking forward to seeing what Nick has up their sleeves...
I can point you to pics from Mirage TMNT Vol. 1, #20, where Don wields a bo-staff with a blade at the end of it. And cuts some muthaf***ers up.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #14
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
He's also killed a dog, killed people, used guns, threatened suicide, and more.
He may be more mellow than the others but I wouldn't call him a pacifist.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:44 PM   #15
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I can point you to pics from Mirage TMNT Vol. 1, #20, where Don wields a bo-staff with a blade at the end of it. And cuts some muthaf***ers up.
Lol no doubt Don knows how to cut 'em up like the rest, just wanted to make a case that his weapon, sans blade, reflects his pacifist tendencies. But like I said, I'm looking forward to what Nick has in store!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #16
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
He's also killed a dog, killed people, used guns, threatened suicide, and more.
He may be more mellow than the others but I wouldn't call him a pacifist.
Heh, I see your point...(no pun intended)
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 03:28 AM   #17
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
The blades are a neat idea can't wait to see what Nick has in store.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:29 AM   #18
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
So bladed chucks are okay with the censors and the regular bladeless kind are not?
I like their original weapons but don't really mind at all about them using other kinds.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #19
deadpoolRKO
Stone Warrior
 
deadpoolRKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: I can't wait until i can have a custom user title
Posts: 782
I hope the top of splinter's cane twist off into a dagger
__________________

( TMNT Clothes , DVD's , Accesories , ect. )




Red Bubble ( My Tee Shirt Designs )
deadpoolRKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #20
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
I guess I really won't know what my feelings are on the use of other weapons or the addition of blades to existing weapons until I completely understand the reasoning behind it. In the comics they would use different weapons here and there, but nothing really overshadowed the original weapons they were given.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.