The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
Adam Riches
Thug
 
Adam Riches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 88
Huge piece of gold in TMNT the movie?

Admittedly it's been quite a while since I've watched the movies, but does anyone remember a large chunk of gold being in any of the movies, or maybe Next Mutation?

Yesterday I went to Ripley's Believe It Or Not? In Orlando, FL and came across something interesting:



(sorry for the lousy pic, cell phone camera) anyone know what this is from?

Last edited by Adam Riches; 03-27-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Adam Riches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I sure don't remember it, but I would guess it was in April's antique shop...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I sure don't remember it, but I would guess it was in April's antique shop...
Yeah or in the 3rd movie when the emperor trades gold to walker for guns, bc of "Demon Turtles!" Lol that would be my best guess
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:06 AM   #4
twopinacoladas
Stone Warrior
 
twopinacoladas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
I cant think of when it could have been used.... Its kind of strange, perhaps a deleted scene from TMNT 3.
twopinacoladas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:15 AM   #5
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I think it's in the lab in tmnt 2.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:25 AM   #6
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
I am currently in Florida as i type this for a vacation. I may have to go and check this out!
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #7
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
I really have know idea.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
AcidBurn30
Foot Soldier
 
AcidBurn30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: california
Posts: 155
the heck? i'm guessing they're running out of ideas to what should be up to shock people. Now they're just making up stuff lol... when i get home i'm going to have to look through the movies and see.. lmao
AcidBurn30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
well thats really cool, but no idea what movie or where in the movie it is located.
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #10
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I think it's in the lab in tmnt 2.
Yeah, I'd have to rewatch the scene to check (and I can't right now), but at the TGRI laboratory when the Turtles are fighting Tatsu and Foot over the cannister of ooze, in the middle of the center console on top of a pedestal is a weird chunk of jagged metal.

Going off of memory, that might be it.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #11
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Awesome!!!!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
Adam Riches
Thug
 
Adam Riches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidBurn30 View Post
the heck? i'm guessing they're running out of ideas to what should be up to shock people. Now they're just making up stuff lol...

I thought the same thing when I first saw it, but being a TMNT fan curiosity got the best of me.
Adam Riches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #13
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I think it's in the lab in tmnt 2.
Vaughn's right here is a screenshot of it:

__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
Vaughn's right here is a screenshot of it:

Spoiler:
Tone, you are the man! Good work.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #15
Adam Riches
Thug
 
Adam Riches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
Vaughn's right here is a screenshot of it:

Awesome! Great detective work guys! At least we know Ripley's aren't a bunch of liars now, though they should probably make that placard a little more specific.

...Well if anyone ever wants to see a giant hunk of fool's gold that was in Secret of the Ooze now you know where to do it.
Adam Riches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:55 AM   #16
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Wow this answers one question, but raises so many more!
Why is there Gold in the TCRI lab?
What were they doing with it?
Why didn't the foot take it? New HQ?
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #17
chad
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada, Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 245
Wow. I never noticed there was gold in a tmnt movie
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #18
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant
 
Ninja_Shoe_Repair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 291
I think it was clearly the piece used in the lab scene from TMNT 2 but I always thought that big chunk in the lab scene was supposed to be a meteorite since they were using it in relation to the mutagen. Anyone else think the same?
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:38 AM   #19
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_Shoe_Repair View Post
I think it was clearly the piece used in the lab scene from TMNT 2 but I always thought that big chunk in the lab scene was supposed to be a meteorite since they were using it in relation to the mutagen. Anyone else think the same?
Yep,similar here... I believe it was some kind a radiactive stone for make the mutagen ooze...I didnt see it was a huge natural pyrite-stone!!
I had never seen before so huge pyrite!! And Im a bit fan of natural gemstones also!...
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:19 AM   #20
Newton Gimmick
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,154
Pretty, pretty cool.
Newton Gimmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.