![]() |
|
|||||||
| View Poll Results: Do you think the nick cartoon is going to be as dark as the 4kids cartoon. | |||
| yes |
|
19 | 38.78% |
| no |
|
30 | 61.22% |
| Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
#1 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 265
|
Do you think the nick cartoon is going to be as dark as the 4kids cartoon.
How many of you feel that nickelodeon cartoon is going to push the envelope like the 4Kids cartoon.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,174
|
Not in the same way but yes, look at a show like Teen Titans, it was goofy fun but it could also get pretty dark when it had to, same with Avatar: TLA a Nick cartoon. Every decade cartoons have gotten "smarter" and less kiddy for the most part, compare shows from the 80s with the 90s and 00's and for the most part writing has gotten better and atttitudes have relaxed on what is allowed for a kid to watch.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 114
|
They could but I wouldn't take it too seriously. I honestly don't think I'll give the show a chance if the recent artwork pictures from earlier are an indication as to the style this show is taking. I don't like watching things that are not of quality to me. It's like imagining a darker Pee Wee Herman. It's possible, but would you take it seriously? Would you care to watch Pee Wee style, darker?
Anyway, to answer your question; It's possible that Nick could set a dark tone and push boundaries, but it's also possible that they won't. Time will tell.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
The turtles were dark first & foremost, Sergio...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Something from the Past
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
|
Darn right. I'm just going to be optimistic and say yes. From what we've seen, we know that Nick is not oblivious, and that at first the new show is going to be watched by us older fans. It will take some time to catch on to the little ones. We're what they need to get this show off the ground. By what Nick has done for fans already, I really don't think we have to worry, too much...plus, we're getting IDW, so even if Nick takes a total "light" approach, we will still have figures, new comics, and empty wallets. So no big deal.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Technodrome Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
|
Ive got an Idea why dont we ask the people who actaully got the Pizza boxes
Oh wait we can't Damn Non-Disclosure-Agreement
__________________
GT:Reedeamer THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015 http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 413
|
Who in the hell voted yes? There's no way it could be as dark as it was in 2K3. I wish that were true but i know it wont be. This is going to be as soft as Fast Forward or BTTS was.
I don't care if all 4 have blades now, i just don't see it happening. No chance. |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
|
its going to be soft yet not soft
__________________
https://www.twitch.tv/turtlepizzapower |
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 717
|
I voted yes mainly because Toon saying that its based on the Eastman and Laird issues. I am hoping the models change tho as they are to bright for my tastes. If it were to look more like the art work that has been shown recently and presented in a darker tone I'd say yes it could be as dark.
Although I can see it not possibly not being as dark. I mean look at Same as it never was when they killed the turtles and shredder (with exception to don). Beheading the shredder etc. I hope they make this show better than the 2k3 show but I think that will be a tall order if its as good I will be happy, I also hope its gritty. |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Leo-holic
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
|
I think it could possibly be a little dark, but we won't know for sure until it comes out.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One. "Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson. |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: TN
Posts: 842
|
Quote:
They said they used it for inspiration. My guess is vague storylines/characters. Remember, even the 80s toon was based on E/L stuff. Thinking that this is really going to resemble the E/L stuff much more than the 80s toon is going to be stretching it. My personal prediction is it'll be a little less wacky than the 80s toon, but nowhere near as serious as the 2k3 stuff. Somewhere in the middle. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
The Agenda of Existing
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
|
yes, and no. I think and hope Nickelodeon's take on the turtles will be a varied one, focusing on good story telling.
Grit or Camp is nothing if the story ain't solid, nuff' said. |
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 114
|
Sounds like you're trying to "inform" me, but I know that. Not sure what made you say that to me. Comic-wise, they were dark, The '80's TMNT cartoon and Archie Comics were not dark. The TMNT live action trilogy wasn't really dark, although the first movie was the darkest of the three. The Next Mutation garbage wasn't dark, it was goofy beyond belief. The 2K3 cartoon went back to a darker tone.
All I'm saying is that the new show from Nick could be dark or not. If it's dark, the concept art shown contrasts with the dark atmosphere I would like. I don't want to see a dark show with characters that don't look serious. Whacky distortions of characters that look kid-friendly don't fit for a dark show. That's my opinion. Maybe I cleared something up, maybe I didn't.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#14 | |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Quote:
The turtles started dark, so I can't see why you find it hard to imagine them dark, or take them seriously as such... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#15 |
|
Detoxed Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,174
|
Pee Wee started dark/adult as well, in fact some of that humor made its way to Pee Wee's playhouse. That actually made the show enjoyable re-watching it and he also had a "darker"/adult broadway show/HBO special recently.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#16 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
|
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 Last edited by Jester; 08-13-2011 at 04:27 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#17 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Not to mention they made Hitler commit suicide, hahaha.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#18 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
|
Yeah, i had a limit of 4 pics. Oddly all of them come from the same arc...
Guess I could post this pic of the Mutanimals burning in Hell:
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 Last edited by Jester; 04-02-2011 at 10:19 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#19 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
|
most of all comics are kinda dark anyway.
__________________
https://www.twitch.tv/turtlepizzapower |
|
|
|
|
|
#20 |
|
Aussie and Proud
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
|
I think it going to be along the lines of the OT action with humour on the side.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|